No announcement yet.

Asteroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always share the meat if I am on private land. As a kid we would arrive 2 hrs before opening and help the dairy farmer with chores. Then he told us where to go to see some deers. We always dropped off a few steaks and at Christmas time a brown bottle would show up in the barn, never in the house.

Comment

When my buddy and me were asking to deer hunt, a "Yes." was usually followed by the presentation of a Case "Stockman". Always a yellow handle. Easier to locate if you dropped it.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
        No ma'am, didn't catch any this year. Because the question is usually followed by "When are you going to bring my deer meat, Honey?" This from some old lady I scarcely know, and the less acquainted they are, the more entitled they feel.
        Guess I don't know the same little old ladies. Most of the ones I know wouldn't touch venison with a ten foot pole! LOL!
        "Ewwww! I won't eat that nasty stuff!"
        "Fine! More for me!"

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          This is why they sent up the rocket several weeks ago in a practice to see if they could nudge another asteroid off it's path - hoping for a near miss. A direct hit of a 1/2 mile wide asteroid at 24,000 mph would extinguish life on Earth, except of cockroach, coyoties and bigfoot.
          You forgot Keith Richards.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
            No ma'am, didn't catch any this year. Because the question is usually followed by "When are you going to bring my deer meat, Honey?" This from some old lady I scarcely know, and the less acquainted they are, the more entitled they feel.

Sounds like maybe they’re flirting……

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

You forgot Keith Richards.
              True that!

Click image for larger version

Name:	249D726E-76AE-48FD-A829-95B102492F25.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	789656

Comment

From fitch270: "Sounds like maybe they’re flirting……"

No Sir, they are not flirting a'tall. They are dead serious about wanting deer meat, and some even call it venison. Once upon a time, when asked "Where is my deer meat?", I would go into a spiel about "What part of my lease did you pay, and where is my money for gas and ammunition, and where were you when the cutting, grinding and wrapping was going on?
                Most got so offended they just huffed and left, but a few offered to buy the deer meat! Highly against the law to sell game meat in Texas, and you know how little old ladies love to gossip.....
                I guess little old ladies of the Texas variety are just different.

Comment

Yes, they think bull riders who wear flak jackets and helmets are wusses

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

And Cher...
                    I once took my wife to a Cher concert …… I’m not proud of it .

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
                      I once took my wife to a Cher concert …… I’m not proud of it .
                      I was a teenager when she did the music video on that battleship.

Comment

Good tune.

The video director thought she was wearing flower print underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Good tune.

The video director thought she was wearing flower print underwear.

That is a lot cooler than what I experienced !

Comment

I was a teenager when she did the music video on that battleship.
                            I was one of only 7 heterosexual men there that night. I saw many guys with sailor hats ( Cher written on them ) and skinny jeans !! No a good look !

Comment

When is the asteroid going to miss us?

Comment

When is the asteroid going to miss us?
                                They did not give a time frame, only that it is about 1/2 mile wide.
                                they said soon it will be visible.
                                last major hit was in 1908, a 50 meter wide hit in Siberia and leveled a 100 acres of forest.

The asteroids go up to 500 miles in diameter. Luckly the stay in orbit between Mars and Jupiter - the Asteroid Belt.

Here is the article https://www.bing.com/search?q=astero...FORM=QBRE&sp=4
                                jhjimbo
                                ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                Last edited by jhjimbo; 01-14-2022, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad