Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kia Pikes Peak add features a horned Dorset sheep!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kia Pikes Peak add features a horned Dorset sheep!

I always get a kick out of the fake adds. That's a nice horned Dorset ram. We had one I named Spock. You have to keep an eye on those dudes.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

I've eaten a pile of them, I've delivered a ton of lambs of them, I'm pretty fond of them. Crossing them with Finn's get you more prolific ewes but the carcass quality goes down a bit. They are a little lite in today's market too. Delicious little buggers though.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Your post labrador brings up a good point. Many of the ads have actors performing who have no inkling of the use of the tool or object being shown. My biggest laugh is watching some dork who is supposed to be using a fly rod and looking idiotic doing it. Or using traditional archery with a recurve strung backwards, and there are several others. Must be these advertisers think the general public is stupid. But then they might be correct as people still buy there idiocy ! Can others give examples of these same mistakes ?

Comment

"... Can others give examples of these same mistakes ? ..."

Where's OHH when you need him! LOL!
        That was one of his favorite things. Critiquing catalog photos.
        Catalog photos are set up by photographers who don't give two hoots in hell about correctness. They just want a good photo.
        I find them humorous too, but you also gotta realize a "photo shoot" AIN'T "reality"! LOL!

Comment

We cut the cable the summer of 2020 so I had no idea what you were talking about, had to look it up.

Cheaper using them than trying to catch a couple Bighorns I suppose.🤔🙄😜

Comment

It's a lot easier to set up the shot too! You do get a nice set of big horns, just not Bighorns. I used to twerl old Spock when he would charge me. No problem as a 25 year old, a little riskier for a geezer! You see a lot of Stone and Bighorn sheep on the roads in the mountains in the North County, mostly ewes and lambs though. Big full curls are a tad easier to find as domestic sheep!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

I've seen ads and TV shows in which the characters are using open-faced spinning reels not underneath the rod, but turned around and on top of the rod, and reeling in backwards. Seems like the awkwardness alone would clue them in.

On an episode of Sons of Anarchy, a guy with a side-by-side shotgun was about to shoot someone and they made the sound effect of a pump-action chambering a shell. But then, there are hundreds of incorrect gun things in movies and TV. I love it when a guy's shooting a revolver but they still make the "tinkling" sound of an empty hitting the floor after he fires.

Oh, hey, I just thought of one from that reputable organization, the Big Foot Research Organization. In an episode of "Finding Bigfoot," they talked about how sasquatches are not deterred by pepper spray because -- this is priceless -- the sasquatches' sense of taste and smell doesn't register black pepper!. They didn't even know that pepper spray has nothing to do with the spice black pepper. Just another "fact" from a bunch of "scientists."

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad