Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niagara Falls Incident

Breaking news.
    WATCH: Car trapped in rapids at the top of Niagara Falls, emergency crews on the scene - newyorkupstate.com

Haven't yet heard anything on how they got there.

Damn.

Coast Guard might be the best equipped for that.

Comment

Don’t mean to take over Matt but I had to look when I got done with work.

They did bring in the Coast Guard, they pulled a woman out of the car. Unresponsive, pronounced dead.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...home-top-story

Amazing what those CG crews do.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
        Don’t mean to take over Matt but I had to look when I got done with work.

They did bring in the Coast Guard, they pulled a woman out of the car. Unresponsive, pronounced dead.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/c...home-top-story

Amazing what those CG crews do.
        Yep, I just checked again myself and saw the update. That's a shame.

Comment

How in tarnation did they get the car into the river?
          Jump a guard rail? ...bridge railing?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
            How in tarnation did they get the car into the river?
            Jump a guard rail? ...bridge railing?
            The articles I've found only say that it was seen going into the river "between the vehicle bridge and the pedestrian bridge," and that there's no determination yet whether it was accidental or intentional. I was hoping the Buffalo News or somebody might have a photo of the spot where it was seen going in, but none so far.

With the lady being somewhat older, I hope it's not a situation where she experienced some sort of dementia or loss of faculties and drove in without realizing what she was doing. It's tragic in any case, but that kind of thing always seems harder on the family.

Comment

Can’t help but wonder what that car is caught on, unbelievable the current didn’t take it over the falls. I haven’t seen footage of the guy actually going in the side window but if he was half in and the car broke free…..

Dude deserves a couple drinks tonight.

Comment

MattM37, I've know several folks back home in Texas and up here in Oklahoma.
                The authorities can't tell if the victim died of a heart attack and had a wreck or the wreck caused the victim to have a heart attack and die. So, it's a toss up. The death caused the wreck or the wreck caused the death.
                We can only hope, whichever the case, the victim passed quickly and didn't suffer.
                I had a great uncle they found dead. The coroner said he never knew what hit him. He appeared to have been walking through the kitchen and died mid stride.

Comment

Was talking to a local up there they said could you imagine how many bodies must be under there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Dirty Thirty
                    by Milldawg
                    Nice looking rig and good shooting. Someday I may have some time to purse such activities at that level....
                    Today, 10:42 AM
                  • The Dirty Thirty
                    by Ernie
                    This is BCG 308 Winchester XP-100, using a Remington Take-Off 308 Winchester barrel chopped to 15.8" Holland's Radial Baffle Brake, Leupold Mark...
                    Yesterday, 12:55 PM
                  • Reply to Manage Recoil and Accuracy
                    by Milldawg
                    Agree the with the ar is the winner for fast shooting my completion rifle can run like scaled dog even with a rifle length gas system....
                    Today, 10:41 AM
                  • Manage Recoil and Accuracy
                    by jhjimbo
                    I agree with a lot in this article. My comment is, make a good first shot and the importance of a second shot declines.
                    Leaning into the rifle...
                    05-17-2022, 01:03 PM
                  • Reply to Why Putin delayed invasion of Ukraine.
                    by labrador12
                    You dont seem to be able to make a cost benifit analysis. Does stopping a mass shooter end the scourge of mass shootings???? I think not. The mistake...
                    Today, 09:58 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X