While you were sleeping...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While you were sleeping...

....Sen. Chuck Grassley (D-IA) blocks a Dem gun "grab"!

https://goodwordnews.com/senator-chu...t-gun-control/

Wasn't on the Nat'l news.
    Wasn't on local news.
    Picked up on it by reading the screen crawler on Roku "Newsmax"! 😃

I think that gun control has become the third rail of politics.

Comment

GA now doing a study on shoot to center mass vs shoot to wound. Risky to hit a small target like an arm in a tense situation when the adrenalin is flowing. Plus, if you miss, criminal has more time to resist or maybe shot would wound a bystander. TASER seems the best idea, plus I have stock in the Co..

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        GA now doing a study on shoot to center mass vs shoot to wound. Risky to hit a small target like an arm in a tense situation when the adrenalin is flowing. Plus, if you miss, criminal has more time to resist or maybe shot would wound a bystander. TASER seems the best idea, plus I have stock in the Co..
        DCM "Dead Center Mass" has been the general consensus of LEO training for many decades now.
        The class I took for my CHL (SDA in Oklahoma), the instructor instilled DCM.

Comment

I'm ok with the background check. A little pain in the ass but any hindrance on selling to felons is good. Local gun shop charged a discounted $10 for the service, even though my friend knows me well we like to do things by the book.

Comment

Enforcement of universal background checks would lead to registration.

Comment

Double tap, center mass.
              "Shoot where they are biggest, you'll come home with meat." Old deer hunter, circa 1960s.

Comment

The circumstances of one’s danger is the prime determining factor as to POI ! If a person who is under immediate threat of losing their life, or that of a loved one, I am most certain the most important issue on their mind is not a arm, leg or DCM. If one has time to think about it, maybe so, but very few such instances occur when survival is uppermost in mind. As CRM’s old deer hunter says about bringing home the meat, may also mean living another day to doing it ! A person attempting to kill you........deserves no ‘arm or leg’ consideration. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                  I'm ok with the background check. A little pain in the ass but any hindrance on selling to felons is good. Local gun shop charged a discounted $10 for the service, even though my friend knows me well we like to do things by the book.
                  Background checks pertain only to those who are already law abiding. They mean nothing to criminals, as they are not going to subject themselves to any means of detections in such a check ! They are called ‘criminals’ for a reason, and it is not because they follow any gun laws ! Damn people, wake up to who we are dealing with.......it ain’t ‘wonderful’ people !!

Comment

For the record:
                    • In 2018, there were more than 26 million background checks conducted and fewer than 100,000 people failed. Of those, the vast majority were for a criminal conviction. Just over 6,000 were rejected for a mental health issue.
                    https://apnews.com/article/gun-polit...4a992285777d05
                    99explorer
                    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 12-05-2021, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

What a dumb ass! No background check will stop illegal gun sales.
                      In the 53 years since the passage of GCA68, criminals have not stopped and have even come up with more ways to avoid detection and capture.
                      Only a complete and total fool would be convinced that a simple background check will stop illicit (back alley) gun sales.

Comment

No wonder this country is in the POS situation it is. We have people who are so damn ignorant that they think criminals are actually buying guns from a licensed gun dealer who is required to submit the purchaser to a detailed background check !! For sure most criminals are not Rhode Scholars, but they are not as stupid as those who are professing the ‘solve all’ crime issue with asinine gun laws.

Comment

Bubba -
                          It doesn't have to "stop" illicit gun sales, if it "reduces" them.
                          The perfect should not be the enemy of the good.

Comment

bhr -
                            Read my comment #10.
                            Some criminals are actually attempting to buy guns from licensed dealers.
                            And some are succeeding.

Comment

Background checks are as worthless as tits on a tomcat for stopping the illegal sales of guns to criminals or felons. How many of the school shootings were done with a legally purchased firearm, that was then illegally given to a potential criminal, or mentally deranged person?
                              Straw man purchases have become a pocket industry for those criminals who actually have no criminal record, and are able to pass a background check. Theft of weapons goes on at an unbelievable rate, with a lot of theft going unreported, due to embarrassment, or being unaware that the theft even happened, or when!
                              Background checks are only an impediment to the law abiding person, and I cannot believe anybody with the common sense of a gnat thinks that they affect a criminal getting his or her hands on a firearm.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad