Florida State Military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida State Military

Ron DeSantis is bringing back the 'FL Military' that was disbanded in 1945. Purpose is to be seperate from Federal military amd reporting to the Governor.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Ron DeSantis is bringing back the 'FL Military' that was disbanded in 1945. Purpose is to be seperate from Federal military amd reporting to the Governor.
    Other states have a home guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

Other states have a home guard.
      FL Military is different from the FL National Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

FL Military is different from the FL National Guard.
        Did you read what I wrote? I never said National guard. I said home guard. Look it up.

Comment

Did you read what I wrote? I never said National guard. I said home guard. Look it up.
          What is 'home guard' ? Never heard of it.

I looked it up, it was during civil war.

FL Military is current.
          jhjimbo
          ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
          Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-03-2021, 05:36 PM.

Comment

https://dmna.ny.gov/nyg/

Ny state has one. Here is a link I doubt you would read but hope someone else will explain to you.

Comment

https://dmna.ny.gov/nyg/

Ny state has one. Here is a link I doubt you would read but hope someone else will explain to you.
              O.K., DeSantisis is bringing back the same thing. It was organized in WW II and disbanded about 1945.

Comment

Texas State Guard.

Founded18 February 1823; 198 years ago (as Texian Militia)

The Texas State Guard was founded in 1871. However, federal authorization for state guards did not come until World War II. In October 1941, as the National Guard was mobilized to assist in the war effort, states were authorized to organize forces to work in the state while the National Guard was active with federal service. In accordance with the “State Guard Amendment” of the National Defense Act authorized by Congress, Oct. 21, 1940, the Texas Legislature signed into law the Texas Defense Guard Act (H.B. #45), Feb. 10, 1941. The Texas Defense Guard was formed and had 17,497 members sign up, in contrast to the 11,633 who joined the National Guard around the same time period.

My youngest works with a group of not only TSG, but also some Texas Nat'l Guard people too.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad