I Did Not ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did Not ...

Baldwin now says he did not pull the trigger. Thing is, he plled the hammer back but before locking back he let the hammer go - bamg.. The gun fired and killed her. Must have been a gun without a transfer bar - maybe an old ruger ? That is why we carry those type guns with an empty chamber under the hammer.
    Still don't know who is responsible for the live round in the gun.

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Baldwin now says he did not pull the trigger. Thing is, he plled the hammer back but before locking back he let the hammer go - bamg.. The gun fired and killed her. Must have been a gun without a transfer bar - maybe an old ruger ? That is why we carry those type guns with an empty chamber under the hammer.
    Still don't know who is responsible for the live round in the gun.
    Has this total issue gone completely by the wayside Jimbo ? Have not heard a thing on the matter in weeks now ! Once the news drops interest in a situation, it is forgotten and we hear no more about it. That is very apparent concerning the tax audit of hunter which pappy has managed to have swept under the rug, along with the laptop boondoggle that has disappeared ! All the suspicions on the concerns of the biden family connections with china are also now absent from the American people. Our news media has been a complete failure in covering the important happenings of the biden’s that are of vital importance to the country. Who says this country is not being held in the dark about the corruption of this POS administration !!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

Has this total issue gone completely by the wayside Jimbo ? Have not heard a thing on the matter in weeks now ! Once the news drops interest in a situation, it is forgotten and we hear no more about it. That is very apparent concerning the tax audit of hunter which pappy has managed to have swept under the rug, along with the laptop boondoggle that has disappeared ! All the suspicions on the concerns of the biden family connections with china are also now absent from the American people. Our news media has been a complete failure in covering the important happenings of the biden’s that are of vital importance to the country. Who says this country is not being held in the dark about the corruption of this POS administration !!!
      I think over 75% of Americans feel the same way.

Comment

Had to laugh at host Ken Jennings on Jeopardy last night. The Final Jeopardy category was about journalists, and before reading the clue he said, "Journalists are more important now than ever!"

Really, Ken? How so?

Comment

Because what passes for journalism today is really just opinion.

Comment

99.9% of revolvers, when you begin to cock the hammer, the "hand" will move the cylinder out of battery.
            Half-cock was used to load revolvers because the cylinder would rotate and was considered the "safety" of the day.
            At half-cock, you can't pull the trigger. You must pull the hammer back slightly to disengage the half-cock "notch". THEN you could pull the trigger to lower the hammer.
            You just can't operate a single action revolver without pulling the trigger.

I did see one OLD single action .45 LC that would fire all six rounds with a single trigger pull!
            The firing pin was integral to the hammer. It had been fired SO MUCH, that the firing pin was needle sharp and the firing pin hole was well worn.
            Fire the gun and hold the trigger down and the gun would fire 6 times.
            The firing pin was sharp enough to actually puncture the primer and allow gas to escape. The giring pin hole was so worn, enough gas would escape to push the hammer back and rotate the cylinder. If you happened to be holding the trigger back, it continued to fire!

Comment

I heard a news snippet, also, about some other celebrities criticizing Baldwin, and saying that they (George Clooney was one) always check a prop gun themselves as soon as it's handed to them before a scene. I'd bet that those celebrities were people who grew up in a gun-owner's family or maybe even were hunters or shooters themselves, once upon a time. (Or maybe they're just people with a little common sense, who knows?)

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                Had to laugh at host Ken Jennings on Jeopardy last night. The Final Jeopardy category was about journalists, and before reading the clue he said, "Journalists are more important now than ever!"

Really, Ken? How so?
                I caught that too! LOL!
                I think Bialik is the better host.

Comment

Parents being charged in School shooting. 4 counts for bboth of involuntary manslaughter.

Latest news, they have not fled, they have moved to a safe place per their lawyer. I think they are toast because they will be made an example.
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-03-2021, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    Because what passes for journalism today is really just opinion.
                    It is not even THEIR opinion, they are told what to parrot.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                      I heard a news snippet, also, about some other celebrities criticizing Baldwin, and saying that they (George Clooney was one) always check a prop gun themselves as soon as it's handed to them before a scene. I'd bet that those celebrities were people who grew up in a gun-owner's family or maybe even were hunters or shooters themselves, once upon a time. (Or maybe they're just people with a little common sense, who knows?)
                      Or it’s just virtue signaling.

Comment

I took a look at my Ruger Blackhawk and you can not get it to fire the way Baldwin says. Ruger single action has four clicks to full cock. Any of the first 3 will hold hammer if released by the thumb. The fourth click has the trigger sear holding the hammer. The prop gun must have been some other make.

Comment

I think it is possible to pull the trigger on a gun subconsciously, as on autopilot, without any conscious memory of having done so.

Comment

The local sheriff described the gun as a F.lli Pietta made revolver. They make an 1873 SAA in several different calibers with only the .22 having a transfer bar safety. This info from the Blue Book.
                            Last edited by franchi20; 12-05-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

The entire issue of the Baldwin shooting makes no sense, logical or otherwise. If the gun involved was a ‘gun of the times’ being indicated, it would be a single action revolver which can not be discharged with a trigger pull unless the hammer has already been pulled back and locked in position. IF the gun was already in such a position when it was ‘passed’ to Baldwin, then there is much more to the story in the first place as to circumstances of gun handling as it would indicate possible premeditation of ‘a’ action. But as stated, the entire issue makes no sense !

And that does not even include how in heck a live round entered the gun and the entire fiasco in the first place.........
                              Last edited by bowhunter75richard; 12-05-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad