X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    My question has nothing to do with population, vaccines, World disease, etc. Question is, why don't we have a United States Virus ? Everything seems to come to us. Answer this.

So, a hypothesis could be: IF we shut off all enterances to the Contennital United States we would be virus FREE?
    The Spanish Flu
    The first confirmed cases originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated in 2003 that the flu originated in Kansas, and author John M. Barry described a January 1918 outbreak in Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin in his 2004 article.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    [QUOTE=FirstBubba; polio, measles, whooping cough, tetanus and other maladies.
    .[/QUOTE]

And we defeated all those things with vaccines, that was back before stupidity was the norm. Now we allow Darwin to do it's thing. Vaccinated yet there Blubber?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    My question has nothing to do with population, vaccines, World disease, etc. Question is, why don't we have a United States Virus ? Everything seems to come to us. Answer this.

So, a hypothesis could be: IF we shut off all enterances to the Contennital United States we would be virus FREE?
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-01-2021, 12:25 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    Milldawg -
    You don't look so fat in this picture.

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly.
    We are until someone talks shit. It’s 2021 we should be a protected class.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I thought fat people were supposed to be jolly.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I resemble that remark too! I'm old and fat. Fat people seem to be overly represented in covid hospitalizations and deaths. Of course I am only reporting what I've read. The media misrepresents so much that assuming what you read to be accurate is perhaps unwarranted!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
    We have a large fat element to deal with.

Let's GO Brandon!!!
    I resemble that remark I’m 5’11” 245 lbs and I will work any man into the ground. So fat has shit to do with it. I survived covid. And agree let’s go Brandon!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    lab -
    I think a bold fellow like yourself should post an avatar of his choosing, rather than hiding behind the shadow of a man.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    We have a large fat element to deal with.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    We have a large macho element to contend with.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    he US has 4% of the world's population but 25% of its coronavirus cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/healt...rnd/index.html
    We're great at spending billions and inventing vaccines, horrible at working together to keep everyone safe.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    he US has 4% of the world's population but 25% of its coronavirus cases.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/30/healt...rnd/index.html

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Despite what Homaski et al thought, the American medical community is (was?) the best in the world.
    The rest of the world lost thousands, if not millions, of children to polio, measles, whooping cough, tetanus and other maladies.
    The U S. identified a disease, discovered the origins and worked on a cure for the disease and a way to curb the carriers at their origins.

Back in the 50's, Texas had a problem with screw worms. They killed new born calves* and were responsible for a big decrease in the whitetail population.
    American scientists/veterinarians and game biologist came up with irradiating male screw worm flies, effectively sterilizing them and began releasing them into the wild.
    Within a year or so, the screw worm fly literally disappeared from South Texas.
    American medical ingenuity and technology has been a step ahead of the world since penicillin!

* - they laid their eggs on the navel of new born calves, fawns and other creatures. The worm then literally killed the host.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    Great post pH!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Buffalo Shooting
    by rock rat
    There's a lot of racial tension in the US, mostly with extremists, most people could care less. I'm not restricting the word extremists to be white nationalists...
    Yesterday, 11:11 PM
  • Buffalo Shooting
    by jhjimbo
    18 yo goes into a grocery store dressed in body armor and tactical gear. Records everything as he shoots 13 people.
    Gov. Kathy Hochul jumped all...
    Yesterday, 12:24 AM
  • Reply to Primaries in PA and GA
    by rock rat
    InteractivePolls
    @IAPolls2022
    ·
    54m
    2022 PA Senate GOP Primary (with leaners)
    Oz 32% (+11)
    Barnette 27% (+12)
    Yesterday, 10:40 PM
  • Primaries in PA and GA
    by rock rat
    They are soon, next week and the week after I'm thinking. The two Trump candidates aren't very Trumpy in my view. Dr Oz would be a better fit with the...
    05-12-2022, 08:08 AM
  • Bill Cunningham
    by jhjimbo
    Good talk radio - Marconi Award winner, twice, personality. Sunday 10pm to 1am. WLW 700AM Cinn.
    Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X