Omicron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Here's how ridiculous my fifth-grade teacher was. One day she nailed me and my friend Dave for talking during a "class detention." She marched us into the hall, snarled some unpleasantries, then laid down the sentencing: We would each have to write the Declaration of Independence five times, and the Preamble to the Constitution five times.

Now, as we see here, the Preamble is pretty short. Probably about 30 minutes for a fifth-grader to copy that five times? But the Declaration of Independence ... the Declaration is 1320 words longs. The Preamble is 52 words.

That's like a judge sentencing a wrongdoer to 10 years in prison -- and then 5 hours of community service when they get out.

And then! When Dave and I didn't have it all done the next day, she told us that each day we didn't have the whole assignment done, she would tack on one more Declaration copying. She should have worked for a credit card company.

I honestly believe the woman did not know how long the Declaration was, and thought it was just a "declaration," like "Dear George, we hereby wish to inform you, we are no longer interested in being your subjects. Yours truly, George, Ben, and various Johns."

“Class detention” LOL!

Left an impression on many didn’t she?

Comment

I don't consider vaccination and mask wearing to be severe punishment.

Comment

My daughter is in quarantine because her brother tested positive. House arrest for no crime.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          My daughter is in quarantine because her brother tested positive. House arrest for no crime.
          What about you and your wife ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

What about you and your wife ?
            Nope, Jab privileged. Free to run amok.

Actually my wife is working remotely by choice while the kids are here. She’s trying to find out what’s next but it looks like my daughter won’t be allowed out until two weeks after he gets the all clear. He’s vaxxed only due to taking college classes on campus. It’s very possible she won’t be allowed back in school until after the holiday break. Neither were actually “sick”, he only was tested through pool testing at the college. What’s ridiculous is she had some congestion a week before he did so it’s possible she had it first and actually gave it to him. She’s unvaxxed.

He was ticked at first, but found out none of his teachers are giving him any assignments for the time being. Now he’s smiling, it’s the middle of deer season and he has to stay home. Darn.
            fitch270
            ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
            Last edited by fitch270; 12-01-2021, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Nope, Jab privileged. Free to run amok.

Actually my wife is working remotely by choice while the kids are here. She’s trying to find out what’s next but it looks like my daughter won’t be allowed out until two weeks after he gets the all clear. He’s vaxxed only due to taking college classes on campus. It’s very possible she won’t be allowed back in school until after the holiday break. Neither were actually “sick”, he only was tested through pool testing at the college. What’s ridiculous is she had some congestion a week before he did so it’s possible she had it first and actually gave it to him. She’s unvaxxed.

He was ticked at first, but found out none of his teachers are giving him any assignments for the time being. Now he’s smiling, it’s the middle of deer season and he has to stay home. Darn.
              I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
              My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't work.

Comment

No one in the house has run a fever Jim.

Comment

It varies by institution and school district. At my wife's work they are supposed to go back to work, something like 24 hours after fever is normal. They are very short on nurses and doctors. Daughter had to stay out 2 weeks after testing positive and at least 3 days past symptoms (public school). Son had to wait for negative results (4 days) after exposure.

If you look at the top 10 states for infection it's across the northern tier of the US.

An old buddy came by on Thanksgiving. He's a charge nurse (BSN) at one of the really big hospitals downtown (trauma). He went off on the unvaxed, he was and still is a big Trump supporter, first time he'd voted in a long time. I think he was just letting off steam in a place where it wouldn't blow back. Didn't want to treat any more unvaxed, said better to let them tough it out at home. Said a lot more too which I won't repeat.. I figure you can't blame the unvaxed, they are only a product of whatever info source they've been using.

Stay healthy, get doubly vaxed, get boosted, wear a mask, and avoid crowded places.

Comment

“Class detention” LOL!

Left an impression on many didn’t she?
                    Well, I do always get the Declaration of Independence clues right on Jeopardy.

Comment

For the record, if a vaccine is said to be 96% effective, that means that out of 100,000 people, 4,000 may contract the infection.
                      Those 4,000 cases do not prove that the vacccine is ineffective, as Bubba has suggested in an earlier post, where he claimed to know two vaccinated people who came down with Covid-19.

And the new omicron cases do not prove anything about vaccinations.
                      99explorer
                      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                      Last edited by 99explorer; 12-02-2021, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                        For the record, if a vaccine is said to be 96% effective, that means that out of 100,000 people, 4,000 may contract the infection.
                        Those 4,000 cases do not prove that the vacccine is ineffective, as Bubba has suggested in an earlier post, where he claimed to know two vaccinated people who came down with Covid-19.

And the new omicron cases do not prove anything about vaccinations.
                        I don't think that is right. I think the vaccine is best thought of as preventing Hospital stays and death. Mearly getting the Covid is a lot like getting the flu, no biggie or even less than the flu.

Comment

No. I know I am right.
                          If the vaccine prevents the infection, it keeps you out of the hospital and the morgue.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            No. I know I am right.
                            If the vaccine prevents the infection, it keeps you out of the hospital and the morgue.
                            You are ass backwards - you can get Corvid but NOT be Hospitalized or Die.
                            https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/healt...ath/index.html
                            jhjimbo
                            ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                            Last edited by jhjimbo; 12-02-2021, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Things seem to be happening fast. 5 detected in NYC today, another in Toronto. South Africa seems to be doubling daily. They can tell from genetic tests that the virus probably originated in mid October, by November 75% of cases in SA were Omicron. I read about Biden saying this or that about vaccines or masks or something and I think to myself they are making rules way out into a future when they've no idea what that will even look like.

In South Africa 40% were already infected prior to Omicron, and a further 30% were vaxed, yet the virus is tearing it up exceeding all previous waves in rate of infection. SA had around 3 or 4 hundred infections per day in the first half of November, Tuesday 4300, Thursday 11,000. When I do the math the end of next week looks like bedlam.

This virus has had a way of reaching peaks and declining for no reason, I hope our peak comes quickly. Prior infection and vaccines don't seem to work so well.

Comment

Omicron in S.Africa ahas TRIPPLED in the last three days. Fasten your seat belt.

Per CNN

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
                                  jhjimbo
                                  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  I did not know it was that high. And, long term is much more than taste - they are talking heart and other organs....
                                  Today, 03:32 PM
                                • Omicron
                                  jhjimbo
                                  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
                                  11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
                                • Reply to Jmo
                                  jhjimbo
                                  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  IF Russia ousts the Ukraine Government, the question is, can he hold it ??
                                  Today, 03:27 PM
                                • Jmo
                                  jhjimbo
                                  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Two huge forces at play right now and one lurking in the background and I am not sure if they are coupled. On the one hand we have Powell and his hesitancy...
                                  Today, 03:19 PM
                                • Reply to Jmo
                                  jhjimbo
                                  ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  The news makes a big thing about the State Dept require Americans to leave our Embassy. Do you think if Russians got to Kiev they would harm our Embassy...
                                  Today, 03:25 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X