No announcement yet.

Omicron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today I heard on the radio, 90% of Democratic adults are vaccinated, 40% of Republican adults aren't. Wonder what the percentage is for the 10,000 deaths over the past 5 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      I did not know it was that high. And, long term is much more than taste - they are talking heart and other organs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
        Some current assessments of omicron infections. Read and make your own conclusions.

To:you (Bcc) + 1 more Details
        https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...ail-definition

Here comes he next mutant BA.2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...?ocid=msedgntp
        Good links

I watch the infection rate. Whatever strain is going around if there are hardly any cases being detected, I can get on with doing things like going inside without a mask etc. I avoid inside situations now out of practice as much as anything.

Comment

• I now put on my mask in the parking lot as I walk to my indoor destination.
          It serves as a model to those timid souls who fear being ridiculed for wearing a mask, esp. when I am wearing my U.S. Army cap and being thanked for my service by passersby.

Comment

• Does anybody know if severe reactions to vaccines are any different with Covid and it's Mutations and regular established vaccines like MMR or flu ?

Comment

• New Omicron Mutation now in 15 States. Not much known about it yet. ..

Moderna is making a specific booster for Omicron.

Comment

• Fox News has just adopted a vaccination mandate.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/19/media...ort/index.html
                Last edited by 99explorer; 01-27-2022, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• New Omicron Mutation now in 15 States. Not much known about it yet. ..

Comment

• Omicron variant BA.2 is more contagious than Omicron but so far does not seem to be more virulent. In Europe it went from 20% of infections to 45% of infections in 6 weeks.
                    So far it seems vaccines are effective. It is nick named 'stealth' as it is hard and slow to identify in the test process because of the array and number of spike proteins it has different from Omicron.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                      New Omicron Mutation now in 15 States. Not much known about it yet. ..

Jim you posted this comment yesterday at lunch time and again at dinner time.

Comment

• The variant doesn't seem concerning yet. Between those who've been vaccinated, and those who have already caught Delta and Omicron, our state health department is figuring we have well over 70% with some sort of immunity, and 80% by mid February. Enough to make it fairly difficult for a new wave. Right now almost all out deaths are coming from the unvaccinated, soon all of them will have gotten the disease.

Comment

• Deaths aren't real good though it seems they might be at a tipping point where they too turn down. Johns Hopkins official numbers have been above 2K averaged for a week now, but looking backwards we never did go below 1K since Delta came. Many linger in the hospital until the family decides to pull the plug.

Of interest is that our daily numbers smoothed over the preceding week, seem to have exceeded Delta, and Delta by what most say was a much deadlier variant, it's just that omicrons massive wave has infected so many more people that some are bound to have worse outcomes, and that smaller percent can add up to more people, when so many more are infected.
                          Last edited by rock rat; 01-28-2022, 06:51 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbo View Post

The site is screwing up, I post and it does not show then I get a message post was not saved so I click on that then all of a sudden two posts show up. don't know what is going on. i don't do it intentionally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Danbo View Post

The site is screwing up, I post and it does not show then I get a message post was not saved so I click on that then all of a sudden two posts show up. don't know what is going on. i don't do it intentionally.

Comment

• You don't know what to believe...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fa...edgdhp&pc=U531

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad