Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    In other news, The Kid tested hot for C19. He had some sniffles last week for a few days but nothing close to serious. His sister had the same the previous week so we didn’t think anything of it.

He has to pool test each Monday to attend classes on our college campus, we got word yesterday that his pool was positive then this morning that he was.

No big thing at this point except his sister has to quarantine because she’s unvaxxed.

One that fits last week and his situation.

”Wet bus stop
    She’s waiting
    His car is warm and dry”

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
    Nice buck, Fitch.

I've had some weird days, deer passing above and behind me on the hill, only does and a little 3-pointer, or below me in the creek bottom; nothing coming quite close enough or that I could see well enough for a shot. Feel kind of out of tune with our woods -- I'm not up there constantly like I used to be. It's all good, though, lots of time left in the season. Weather's been decent other than those couple of super windy days. Yesterday afternoon, after some flurries in the morning, it warmed up a few degrees and a heavy fog settled into the woods -- that was a weird atmosphere to be hunting in, but cool. Hoping we'll get some real snow soon.

Sia - Snowman (Lyrics) - YouTube

Don’t feel alone Matt, general talk around here is it’s an off year and no one can figure out why. It’s making me wonder if last winter didn’t hit them harder that it seemed. Maybe not mortality wise but setting them back overall.

Deer aren’t operating like usual on our place either, generally they move up in the mornings and down in the evenings but not this year. Very unpredictable where they’ll pop out from.

We’re looking to fill two more tags but would prefer to lay off any does with fawns. Can’t seem to find a decent sized lone doe or one that’s obviously last years fawn still hanging close to mom and this years offspring.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Nice buck, Fitch.

I've had some weird days, deer passing above and behind me on the hill, only does and a little 3-pointer, or below me in the creek bottom; nothing coming quite close enough or that I could see well enough for a shot. Feel kind of out of tune with our woods -- I'm not up there constantly like I used to be. It's all good, though, lots of time left in the season. Weather's been decent other than those couple of super windy days. Yesterday afternoon, after some flurries in the morning, it warmed up a few degrees and a heavy fog settled into the woods -- that was a weird atmosphere to be hunting in, but cool. Hoping we'll get some real snow soon.

Sia - Snowman (Lyrics) - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    "I Still Write Your Name In The Snow" by Chet Atkins

Ahem….

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "I Still Write Your Name In The Snow" by Chet Atkins

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "Clear As The Driven Snow" by The Doobie Brothers

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    This is more better.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Couple days late…..

Cant believe I’m posting this.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Bobby Bare - "New York City Snow"

https://youtu.be/v8nbS2yISrs

Haunting. I've posted this one before.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "Cold Day in Hell" by Ray Scott

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    Snowbird, by Anne Murray- Can't believe no one has posted this one! Nice visuals in this version.
    Fitch, I thought about you having to gut and skin that buck in that cold and snow. After the hunting part is when the real work begins! Hope you had a nice adult libation to warm up with, after the work was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0oc3IR4qGQ
    Fastest gutting job I ever did and it didn’t go half bad, especially since it was getting dark. Hard part was stripping down to my shirt sleeves but it wasn’t so bad after opening him up. Got myself cleaned up as best as I could and put my top layers back on just in time for the Kid to arrive with the tractor. It was 38* in the garage last night. Until the ground freezes the concrete floor holds some heat. LED lighting, being out of the wind and working on them in the air helps with the rest of the job.

This is a good tune.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    And some Johnny Cash

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    About time for some Tom Petty

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    First time I heard this song, I thought it was "hokey". I STILL think the song is "hokey", but I do like the music.
    I guess it's okay to like one aspect of a song and not the other! LOL!

I put Murphy, Melloncamp and Denver in the same "hokey" category! LOL!

Michael Martin Murphy - "Wildfire"

https://youtu.be/Pc3OnSQc48s

There is/was a certain hippie/tree hugger/love child/sissy vibe to those guys.
    Met Melloncamp once in Pagosa Springs, CO. A real "cool, far out and groovy" dude. I was NOT impressed.
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-27-2021, 11:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    "Ice Cream" by Blackpink with Selena Gomez

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Slackers
    by fitch270
    Rancid Crabtree would definitely qualify as a slacker....
    Today, 08:17 PM
  • TGIF; Slackers
    by fitch270
    Finally got caught up at work. Three months and it’s full bore again. They’d better find some decent help or I’m retiring early.

Yesterday, 11:09 AM
  • Reply to Thin Blue Line
    by MattM37
    Monday afternoon, I had someone cut me off at one of our more dangerous intersections. If I hadn't slammed on the brakes, we'd have hit. It was one...
    Today, 07:06 PM
  • Thin Blue Line
    by jhjimbo
    For all the men and women LEO's out there, this is your week. Thank You.
    Yesterday, 09:57 PM
  • Reply to TGIF; Slackers
    by MattM37
    A while back -- I can't remember if you were a TGIF regular then or not -- we talked about going off topic and decided it's only natural since music is...
    Today, 07:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X