Comment

"I Still Write Your Name In The Snow" by Chet Atkins

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                "I Still Write Your Name In The Snow" by Chet Atkins

Ahem….

Comment

Nice buck, Fitch.

I've had some weird days, deer passing above and behind me on the hill, only does and a little 3-pointer, or below me in the creek bottom; nothing coming quite close enough or that I could see well enough for a shot. Feel kind of out of tune with our woods -- I'm not up there constantly like I used to be. It's all good, though, lots of time left in the season. Weather's been decent other than those couple of super windy days. Yesterday afternoon, after some flurries in the morning, it warmed up a few degrees and a heavy fog settled into the woods -- that was a weird atmosphere to be hunting in, but cool. Hoping we'll get some real snow soon.

Sia - Snowman (Lyrics) - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                    Nice buck, Fitch.

I've had some weird days, deer passing above and behind me on the hill, only does and a little 3-pointer, or below me in the creek bottom; nothing coming quite close enough or that I could see well enough for a shot. Feel kind of out of tune with our woods -- I'm not up there constantly like I used to be. It's all good, though, lots of time left in the season. Weather's been decent other than those couple of super windy days. Yesterday afternoon, after some flurries in the morning, it warmed up a few degrees and a heavy fog settled into the woods -- that was a weird atmosphere to be hunting in, but cool. Hoping we'll get some real snow soon.

Sia - Snowman (Lyrics) - YouTube

Don’t feel alone Matt, general talk around here is it’s an off year and no one can figure out why. It’s making me wonder if last winter didn’t hit them harder that it seemed. Maybe not mortality wise but setting them back overall.

Deer aren’t operating like usual on our place either, generally they move up in the mornings and down in the evenings but not this year. Very unpredictable where they’ll pop out from.

We’re looking to fill two more tags but would prefer to lay off any does with fawns. Can’t seem to find a decent sized lone doe or one that’s obviously last years fawn still hanging close to mom and this years offspring.

Comment

In other news, The Kid tested hot for C19. He had some sniffles last week for a few days but nothing close to serious. His sister had the same the previous week so we didn’t think anything of it.

He has to pool test each Monday to attend classes on our college campus, we got word yesterday that his pool was positive then this morning that he was.

No big thing at this point except his sister has to quarantine because she’s unvaxxed.

One that fits last week and his situation.

”Wet bus stop
                      She’s waiting
                      His car is warm and dry”

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad