Black Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

Going to any good stores ? I don't go but the relatives get up at 3am to find some good buys.
    I do try to spend on sporting things in hunting and fishing but I really don't need anything.

I'm going hunting instead. I've never shopped at a store on Black Friday and probably never will.

Like you, I don't really need anything. But this is the time of year to think of others and buying Christmas presents for them. I'm giving one of my collector knives to a son-in-law, so that's already purchased. It's a new-in-the-box Benchmade 158BK CSKII and has a 6-inch 1095 blade.

I've had the knife for 7 or 8 years and it's been in the box, collecting dust. Probably worth $150 on eBay. Got way more knives than I can use.

Last edited by PigHunter; 11-25-2021, 10:38 AM.

Comment

First Lite has 30% off some stuff. Out of Solitude jacket in my size but scored the bibs.
      Since I wont get a deer this yr (shoulder and knee issues minimized time afield) I will at least have half a set of better hunting clothes for 2022 LOL

Been a crappy deer season, year in general. When kids little holidays were fun.
      Now I'd just as soon skip em all.

I went hunting for a couple hrs yesterday, skipped kids dinner (heard she did an excellent job, other kids went).

Gave everybody their X mas money so they could shop today/this weekend or whatever.

May buy a different vehicle today. Hate spending money. But mine is making new noises and at 218K aint worth putting money into. Was hoping to make it through winter.

NO DEALS on any vehicles, anywhere.

Ridiculous. I should limp my POS through winter. Screw em.

Comment

I have to laugh, the years when the gas prices are going up: TV news programs make such ado out of the high gas prices -- "Thanksgiving travelers might have to change their holiday plans due to the surging gas prices!" Mmmmm, okay. And then, the very next story will be about the excitement of Black Friday shopping. Most people have enough money to shop for recreation (plus most of the Black Friday sales merchandise is stuff for entertainment), but supposedly people are stymied by a tank of gas costing fifteen bucks more than it did last year.

Nothing against shopping, just the stupid contradictions we live with. Though in fact I've never shopped on Black Friday. Funny, I was just mentioning my old sporting-goods job in another thread -- back then, lucky for me, there were seldom any big Black Friday deals in sporting goods at the big box stores. That was right around the time DVD players were coming on the scene, along with a ton of new computer stuff, so everything was electronics. I'd hide back at the sporting goods counter reading the owner manuals from various guns and gear.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
          by jhjimbo
          I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
          My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't...
          Today, 01:29 AM
        • Omicron
          by jhjimbo
          Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
          11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
        • Reply to Wild or Store Bought
          by FirstBubba
          I can feel my jaw muscles torquing up now! Man those things are G-U-D "good"!...
          Yesterday, 10:56 PM
        • Wild or Store Bought
          by jhjimbo
          What is your preference for Turkeys ? I was at a home that cooked both and I have to say the wild turkey was very good. No white meat and very moist...
          11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
        • Reply to Books for Christmas
          by FirstBubba
          If anyone is a true outdoors "person", any Peter Hathaway Capstick book is a grand read and anything by Gene Hill is good.
          I'm sure there...
          Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X