No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

That sounds a little bit racist jimbo. Another way to put it is that the majority of the countries that have failed have not not been mulit-racial. Given our current point in the evolution of world civilization, very few countries are multi-racial. Of all the countries that failed, racial composition was likely the least of their worries.
    Yeah...what jimbo stated is racist and Hanson's article really doesn't deal with "races" in the "race" sense of the word, but with "diversity".
    When immigrants come into a new country, they should assimilate into that society. When other "cultures" immigrate to a new country and refuse to give up their language, their culture and insist on creating their own "community", things begin to fall apart.

Kinda like a marriage. As long as it's monogamous, everything is fine. When one spouse or the other begins to try to maintain two different relationships....well, we all know what happens. 😜

Here's the link D'Man.

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...hway-to-chaos/

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

The whole concept of "fair chase" is ridiculous. I need a challenge for me to be interested, but not everyone is the same. Shooting a buck while he's eating bait on a food plot only involves the mechanics of making the shot. Similar to hitting prairie dogs I guess. However, that's what's hunting is shaping up for me so far this season. I'm bored to tears sitting in a blind for the whole hunt and may start back to picking heavily wooded spots to hunt like I'm used to.

I've killed smaller animals bare-handed but not a deer. However, I've used a variety of edged weapons on deer and pigs. They got their hoofs, speed, and senses. I've got my intelligence and technology. It's a foolish predator who seeks to make the confrontation 'fair'. There's none I'm aware of in the animal kingdom that do that.
      Speak for yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

That sounds a little bit racist jimbo. Another way to put it is that the majority of the countries that have failed have not been mulit-racial. Given our current point in the evolution of world civilization, very few countries are multi-racial. Of all the countries that failed, racial composition was likely the least of their worries.
        It is not me saying that - read Dr. Victor David Hanson - I think he knows what he is talking about. You can contact him at the Hoover institute.

Comment

I think even well beyond 2050, the wild lands might not vanish the way we might expect. A lot has to happen in lot of different arenas before state and federally owned forest can be encroached upon. As purely a bull-session guess, I think businesses and other powers-that-be will re-purpose space in cities many times over before anyone looks to wilderness. Countryside between cities will be "developed," and likely will become urban itself, like much of Long Island and Northern New Jersey are now. I think we'll have something like a solid "webwork" of urbanized territory for a long while before our wilderness begins to suffer.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad