X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
    Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.
    Yep. The site hasn’t taken on new members since Dec 2020 as per the bottom of the page.

Another spam scammer at that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	78E20C96-A033-4689-A6D2-F62FABA03837.png
Views:	90
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	786116

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
    I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
    And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
    Welcome, sir.
    I asked him a question but have not heard. He is involved in site security and development.

gotta go, dinner bell ringing.

Leave a comment:

• 99explorer
    replied
    I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
    And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
    Welcome, sir.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Sometimes a 'restore' bar shows up and I click on it. Relax. at least it adds to the post count - something this site desparatly needs. I am spending less time here so am reading through quickly and posting even faster. Other sites seem to have more pertenent information.

jimbo, this site is doomed. It's going the way of the dodo bird and the passenger pidgeon.
    Adding "clicks" won't do one iota of good.
    From what I understand, Bonnier has the site blocked so that no new members can register.
    It's only a matter of time before they pull the plug. Maybe they (Bonnier?) will replace it with something else, but I doubt it.
    Why maintain a site with less than 30 members when other sites garner members in the hundreds and clicks in the hundreds of thousands?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Sometimes a 'restore' bar shows up and I click on it. Relax. at least it adds to the post count - something this site desparatly needs. I am spending less time here so am reading through quickly and posting even faster. Other sites seem to have more pertenent information.

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    When I was a kid in Central NY a deer track was a big deal. The water was opaque it was so dirty, and if you wanted to see a bald eagle or an osprey you went to a zoo or a library. Today 60-70 years later CNY is loaded with whitetails. Party permits to shoot does are easy to come by and if you put some time in tags are quite fillable. NY kills over 220,000 deer a year, about 200,000 a year more than the number killed in 1950. Eagles are everywhere and there is an osprey nest on every cell tower or at least it seems like it. The water is as clear as it is in British Columbia.

I hunt with a Winchester model 12 made 100 years ago, or with my wedding gift, a 760 Remington 30-06 my wife bought me in 1971, which makes it only 50 years old. 2050 ain't that far away.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
    From jhjimbo: "What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there?"

I doubt very seriously that I will be worried about anything happening in 2050. Other than the fact that nasty pelosi and upchuck schumer will probably still be in congress.
    What do you think the 'state' of hunting will be ? will there still be guns ? Deer herd better or smaller ? Young pleople going hunting ?

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    From jhjimbo: "What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there?"

I doubt very seriously that I will be worried about anything happening in 2050. Other than the fact that nasty pelosi and upchuck schumer will probably still be in congress.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Apples and oranges, at least until you can fire a round by pressing a button on your phone, lol!

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    pighunter wrote:
    "... There's always geezers who oppose change..... ..."

HEY! I resemble that remark! 😡
    LOL!

To all those archers who complain. A cross bow IS still archery!
    To all those muzzleloader purists.
    An inline is STILL a muzzle loader!
    To all those bolt action fanatics.
    An AR is just a semi auto without wood! Browning, Remington and Winchester (just to name a few!) all make semi auto hunting rifles!

Never thought I'd hunt with an AR. It's my "go-to" deer rifle these days.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter

There's always geezers who oppose change just because it makes them uncomfortable. I want to keep an open mind to new technology. The 2050 generation of hunters will/are growing up with computer gaming and such technology will be very comfortable for them to use.
    Ain’t just geezers PH, it may be my influence but the Kid wouldn’t be on board with a Smart Scope for the type of deer hunting we do. Not saying he would be opposed for pig control and what not. Pretty sure he has buddies that would feel the same.

Edit, side note; Just as an example he has a doe tag and passed on 9 deer he could have taken today. He’s just not ready to pull the trigger for the freezer yet. For him it’s about the hunt not the kill.
    Last edited by fitch270; 11-24-2021, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    That computerized optic scope was mentioned when the Military first got it.
    I think case less ammo will be next to lessen weight of ammo. I was talking to a lady friend deer hunter and she just got an electric heated parka.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some pushback against some of the technology for “fair chase” considerations. At least at first. I’m not sure how many special seasons can fit on a calendar but at some point you either have to draw a line or just let anything go.

Leave a comment:

• Danbo
    replied
    I agree wit PH , not much will change.
    The UN 2030 plan calls for conserving 30 percent of land all around the world as wilderness. NWTF and other hunting groups have signed on to this agreement.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad