Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
    And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
    Welcome, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
      I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
      And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
      Welcome, sir.
      I asked him a question but have not heard. He is involved in site security and development.

gotta go, dinner bell ringing.

Comment

Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
          Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.
          Yep. The site hasn’t taken on new members since Dec 2020 as per the bottom of the page.

Another spam scammer at that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	78E20C96-A033-4689-A6D2-F62FABA03837.png
Views:	79
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	786116

Comment

I had to go back and look to see where that name was familiar. Way near the top of the ignore list.

Comment

I had to go back and look to see where that name was familiar. Way near the top of the ignore list.
              I tried looking through my "ignore" list. It looks like a Sears & Roebuck catalogue, so I just quit. LOL!

Comment

How do you know this is a spammer ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

How do you know this is a spammer ?
                  Look at the posts. All the same with a highlighted link.

Comment

Look at the posts. All the same with a highlighted link.
                    I looked at the link and it is all the services offered from a cyber security company. Looked legitimate.

Comment

I put it on ignore about the same time as the India movers. Site says it has 7 posts, but only the latest 2 show, so somebody removed 5.

Comment

That's only a few years down the road. I figure we have about a 50/50 chance that America will survive that much longer at the pace we are going. If we do however, I don't expect much to change. For those who hunt outside of the large metro areas, there is a LOT of wide open country across America. A person could easily walk 35 miles in most of Georgia without crossing a clearing or seeing the sun because of the forest canopy. The wilderness areas of states like Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, etc. make our forests look like a pimple on the butt of an elephant. Deer populations have continued to grow in most of America in spite of disease and properly managed harvest. The only thing likely change that will be if the Covid virus mutates to deer and other wildlife and mutates to some technique for transmission among those animals.

In the event that the Chinese, Arabic or Russian owners take over, I suspect they won't know what is going on in these vast forests by 2050. They will be too busy exterminating Americans to worry about deer.

Comment

[QUOTE=PigHunter; "smart scopes are already here..."
                          [/QUOTE]

I don't expect these firearm optic technologies to change hunting much. Over the last 60 years almost all the game I've taken have been within 250 yards and they have been dead within 2 seconds of my seeing them without the help of any of these technologies. Yes, I have practiced and prepared for longer range precision and yes, I can take a very high probability 1000 yard shot although I've never had a need to. Most of us won't need too either unless we are targeting enemy oppressers.

The "fair chase" folks are kidding themselves into thinking there is anything "fair" about taking wild game with a rifle. The game doesn't have a chance and there is nothing fair in that equation. As far as I know, I'm the only one on this site who has ever had a "fair" fight with a deer. That was when I was attacked by a 10 point buck and killed him with my bare hands. That doesn't happen too often and I would never suggest we resort to that level of "fairness".

I am already fully prepared to do everything this optic can do. I enter all my load data into my ballistic calculator. I load atmospheric data into the same calculator at the start of the day. I get the data from weather.com when I get out of bed in most cases. I adjust temp, humidity or elevation if I experience radical changes during the day. This is pretty rare except for antelope hunting where temps change from 40 degrees to 90 degrees in the same day. I monitor wind direction and velocity with a wind meter hanging from my neck at regular intervals and mentally adjust windage as necessary while I hunt. I post the mean windage and holdovers on the side of my rifle for each 100 yard interval out to 1000 yards in case I need a quick shot and of course my range finder has the same data and gives me holdovers and windage including adjustments for target elevation.

Yes I have to use a couple of instruments to do this but I can still get off a highly predictable 3 second shot at 600 yards or 8 seconds at 1000 yards (I MUST take a range finder reading to get more precise range) if I need to. This scope will just make it a little easier. I have always felt that the best place for all this ballistic knowledge is on the aiming optic itself just to simplify things. It won't make much difference in most people's shooting though since there is little need for it except in combat conditions where time may be of the essence.

Comment

David Victor Hansen was on TV this AM. I did not know that all other Countries that tried multi-racial Societies have failed. We are the only one left that is forcing the multi racial Society upon us. Those are not very good odds.

Comment

David Victor Hansen was on TV this AM. I did not know that all other Countries that tried multi-racial Societies have failed. We are the only one left that is forcing the multi racial Society upon us. Those are not very good odds.
                              That sounds a little bit racist jimbo. Another way to put it is that the majority of the countries that have failed have not been mulit-racial. Given our current point in the evolution of world civilization, very few countries are multi-racial. Of all the countries that failed, racial composition was likely the least of their worries.
                              Last edited by DakotaMan; 11-29-2021, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Uhhmmm.............
                                Victor Davis Hanson maybe?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Buffalo Shooting
                                  by rock rat
                                  There's a lot of racial tension in the US, mostly with extremists, most people could care less. I'm not restricting the word extremists to be white nationalists...
                                  Yesterday, 11:11 PM
                                • Buffalo Shooting
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  18 yo goes into a grocery store dressed in body armor and tactical gear. Records everything as he shoots 13 people.
                                  Gov. Kathy Hochul jumped all...
                                  Yesterday, 12:24 AM
                                • Reply to Primaries in PA and GA
                                  by rock rat
                                  InteractivePolls
                                  @IAPolls2022
                                  ·
                                  54m
                                  2022 PA Senate GOP Primary (with leaners)
                                  Oz 32% (+11)
                                  Barnette 27% (+12)
                                  Yesterday, 10:40 PM
                                • Primaries in PA and GA
                                  by rock rat
                                  They are soon, next week and the week after I'm thinking. The two Trump candidates aren't very Trumpy in my view. Dr Oz would be a better fit with the...
                                  05-12-2022, 08:08 AM
                                • Bill Cunningham
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Good talk radio - Marconi Award winner, twice, personality. Sunday 10pm to 1am. WLW 700AM Cinn.
                                  Yesterday, 10:27 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X