Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From jhjimbo: "What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there?"

I doubt very seriously that I will be worried about anything happening in 2050. Other than the fact that nasty pelosi and upchuck schumer will probably still be in congress.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
      From jhjimbo: "What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there?"

I doubt very seriously that I will be worried about anything happening in 2050. Other than the fact that nasty pelosi and upchuck schumer will probably still be in congress.
      What do you think the 'state' of hunting will be ? will there still be guns ? Deer herd better or smaller ? Young pleople going hunting ?

Comment

When I was a kid in Central NY a deer track was a big deal. The water was opaque it was so dirty, and if you wanted to see a bald eagle or an osprey you went to a zoo or a library. Today 60-70 years later CNY is loaded with whitetails. Party permits to shoot does are easy to come by and if you put some time in tags are quite fillable. NY kills over 220,000 deer a year, about 200,000 a year more than the number killed in 1950. Eagles are everywhere and there is an osprey nest on every cell tower or at least it seems like it. The water is as clear as it is in British Columbia.

I hunt with a Winchester model 12 made 100 years ago, or with my wedding gift, a 760 Remington 30-06 my wife bought me in 1971, which makes it only 50 years old. 2050 ain't that far away.

Comment

Sometimes a 'restore' bar shows up and I click on it. Relax. at least it adds to the post count - something this site desparatly needs. I am spending less time here so am reading through quickly and posting even faster. Other sites seem to have more pertenent information.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            Sometimes a 'restore' bar shows up and I click on it. Relax. at least it adds to the post count - something this site desparatly needs. I am spending less time here so am reading through quickly and posting even faster. Other sites seem to have more pertenent information.

jimbo, this site is doomed. It's going the way of the dodo bird and the passenger pidgeon.
            Adding "clicks" won't do one iota of good.
            From what I understand, Bonnier has the site blocked so that no new members can register.
            It's only a matter of time before they pull the plug. Maybe they (Bonnier?) will replace it with something else, but I doubt it.
            Why maintain a site with less than 30 members when other sites garner members in the hundreds and clicks in the hundreds of thousands?

Comment

I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
              And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
              Welcome, sir.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                I think Bonnier sold this site a while back to Camden Media.
                And we seem to have picked up a new active member who goes by the name of Bixxor.
                Welcome, sir.
                I asked him a question but have not heard. He is involved in site security and development.

gotta go, dinner bell ringing.

Comment

Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
                    Well, l suppose the quote thing has some benefit, because l saw the name Bixxor. It's a spammer who joined 2.5 years ago and is one of the first l put on ignore. It's trying to peddle some security service.
                    Yep. The site hasn’t taken on new members since Dec 2020 as per the bottom of the page.

Another spam scammer at that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	78E20C96-A033-4689-A6D2-F62FABA03837.png
Views:	48
Size:	470.2 KB
ID:	786116

Comment

I had to go back and look to see where that name was familiar. Way near the top of the ignore list.

Comment

I had to go back and look to see where that name was familiar. Way near the top of the ignore list.
                        I tried looking through my "ignore" list. It looks like a Sears & Roebuck catalogue, so I just quit. LOL!

Comment

How do you know this is a spammer ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

How do you know this is a spammer ?
                            Look at the posts. All the same with a highlighted link.

Comment

Look at the posts. All the same with a highlighted link.
                              I looked at the link and it is all the services offered from a cyber security company. Looked legitimate.

Comment

I put it on ignore about the same time as the India movers. Site says it has 7 posts, but only the latest 2 show, so somebody removed 5.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad