Happy Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving

Hope everyone has a good holiday, and good hunting, too, if that's in your plans. I didn't get out much over this past weekend, our gun-season opener, so I'm hoping to get some good full days in, dawn to dusk, the rest of the week (other than Thanksgiving dinner, of course). So far Mother Nature is being kind, not too cold, not too warm, light snowfalls every couple of days. Happy Thanksgiving, fellas.

Thanks MattM37!
    T'giving will be really simple for me this year. The wife, me and the oldest.
    I'm making sweet potato pie, dressing with chicken and the wife is making homemade cranberry sauce.
    I think a green bean casserole is in the works, not sure.
    There will still be WAY too much food....and I'll eat WAY too much.
    One thing about it, with so few dishes, I can concentrate on dressing! LOL!

Comment

Back at ‘ya Matt, best of luck!

Comment

Here in Pa the firearms season still isn't open. In Alaska it opens in mid July. Our season opens Sat and runs for two weeks. I haven't killed a deer in Pa yet, because we have to have 3 pts on a side and no does the first 7 days of a 14 day season. We shall see this year. Geezers don't hunt like 40year olds. I'll enjoy my time in the woods this year, but I won't guarantee that I'll be hunting what I consider hard.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          Hope everyone has a good holiday, and good hunting, too, if that's in your plans. I didn't get out much over this past weekend, our gun-season opener, so I'm hoping to get some good full days in, dawn to dusk, the rest of the week (other than Thanksgiving dinner, of course). So far Mother Nature is being kind, not too cold, not too warm, light snowfalls every couple of days. Happy Thanksgiving, fellas.
          Do you also hunt Southern Zone ? A friend has a lot just into the zone but we have permission to hunt the surrounding properties. Good deer herds there.

Comment

Decided to stay home last night instead of singing. Still trying to shake a cough. But we'll be dancing tonight. Happy Thanksgiving!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
              Here in Pa the firearms season still isn't open. In Alaska it opens in mid July. Our season opens Sat and runs for two weeks. I haven't killed a deer in Pa yet, because we have to have 3 pts on a side and no does the first 7 days of a 14 day season. We shall see this year. Geezers don't hunt like 40year olds. I'll enjoy my time in the woods this year, but I won't guarantee that I'll be hunting what I consider hard.

Let's GO Brandon!!!
              I used to call on a plant in Indiana, PA. Don't go there opening day, they close the plant.

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all.
                And many happy returns of the day.

Comment

It isn't TGIF, but it's a great song.

Johnny Cash - "Thanksgiving Prayer"

https://youtu.be/egIB7tYW80M

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                    It isn't TGIF, but it's a great song.

Johnny Cash - "Thanksgiving Prayer"

https://youtu.be/egIB7tYW80M
                    Very nice FB

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving all and stay safe.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Thanksgiving 2021.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	786130 Everybody had more than enough Turkey to be thankful for. Pic. is part of meal.
                        I am getting grear together to move out, either tomorrow or Sat. Happy T Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3644.jpg Views:	0 Size:	45.5 KB ID:	786127 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3645.jpg Views:	0 Size:	49.0 KB ID:	786128 hanksgiving everybody.
                        Last edited by jhjimbo; 11-26-2021, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Do you also hunt Southern Zone ? A friend has a lot just into the zone but we have permission to hunt the surrounding properties. Good deer herds there.
                          I hunt only in the Southern Zone. My North Country experiences haven't included hunting, just canoeing, hiking, some fishing while canoeing, visiting museums, and shopping in Old Forge. I've had a couple invites over the years to ADK deer camps but always preferred to use what vacation days I get for my hunting here at home.

Definitely, good deer numbers down here. So happens that none of them wandered past me within range over the past week, but there's still time.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad