No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No expert at all, I simply have access to media that does in depth stories on subjects of the day.

Want to know about firearms on a movie set? Interview an armorer with decades of experience. I'd assume Baldwin is close to being an idiot, he's in Hollywood, but as with most situations where idiots can get hurt there are basic safeguards worked out over the years to anticipate the Baldwins of the world. Firearms are one of those things where we have an abundance of people very knowledgeable in how to keep a place safe with idiots and firearms in close proximity, mainly our armed forces and the NRA range certifications and instructor programs.

Blaming Baldwin because in addition to being a Hollywood idiot he's also a flaming liberal (I guess) is not informing, it's simply the sound of dogs barking.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
      No expert at all, I simply have access to media that does in depth stories on subjects of the day.

Want to know about firearms on a movie set? Interview an armorer with decades of experience. I'd assume Baldwin is close to being an idiot, he's in Hollywood, but as with most situations where idiots can get hurt there are basic safeguards worked out over the years to anticipate the Baldwins of the world. Firearms are one of those things where we have an abundance of people very knowledgeable in how to keep a place safe with idiots and firearms in close proximity, mainly our armed forces and the NRA range certifications and instructor programs.

Blaming Baldwin because in addition to being a Hollywood idiot he's also a flaming liberal (I guess) is not informing, it's simply the sound of dogs barking.
      Well, we could split some hairs as to whether it's just dogs barking. If the lefties who comprise the majority of entertainment media were not so quick to ignore and disparage traditional citizens and experienced gunowners -- indeed, remove them from the national dialogue entirely -- then maybe there'd be a higher level of gun-safety awareness and respect everywhere, including on movie sets. Just in terms of the collective consciousness, I mean -- what most people generally know and don't know. Even to non-gunowners, guns didn't used to be evil things that only an undesirable would know about.

Just a little social psychology, for our Monday afternoon.
      Last edited by MattM37; 10-25-2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Baldwin’s father was a Marine who knew his way around a rifle range. You’d think the man may have had some input with his sons as they grew up

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/remem...ather_b_218441

Like I said earlier, Baldwin was the boss of a set that was not in control of its weapons. He has that responsibility at a bare minimum.

Comment

When you consider the millions of rounds fired in the film industry you’d have to say they have a strong safety record. In this case there was absolute failure in a number of safety protocols that contributed to the tragedy.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/alec...onathan-turley

Comment

Donald Trump Jr. is selling shirts that say 'guns don't kill people, Alec Baldwin kills people' after Halyna Hutchins death.

https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-...121034125.html

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                So let’s say a general contractor decided he needs to rent a piece of equipment for a job he’s working on. The rental company drops off the unit at the site but somebody bypassed a safety mechanism on it. One of the contractors employees who doesn’t have much experience using the machine accidentally kills another employee of the general contractor.

Lots of blame to go around but the GC is still screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

So let’s say a general contractor decided he needs to rent a piece of equipment for a job he’s working on. The rental company drops off the unit at the site but somebody bypassed a safety mechanism on it. One of the contractors employees who doesn’t have much experience using the machine accidentally kills another employee of the general contractor.

Lots of blame to go around but the GC is still screwed.
                  Who is the somebody ? If Rental Co., they are liable. If a Contractor operator, he and Contractor are to be liable. However, some safety systems are not even known to the user and could inadvertantly be inactivated.

With Baldwin, if it really was a real bullet, there is no reason to ever have real live ammo on the set - where did that real round come from? Who got it. Are there any more real bullets on the set? Has any projectile been recovered ?
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-26-2021, 12:46 AM.

Comment

Three people, at least, handled the gun without the basic gun use safty rule that you always check the chamber or cylinder to verify the condition. Stupid. Stupid. STUPID.

Comment

The truth is out in todays AM nws. It seems they were 'plinking' with the gun wiith real ammo. I knew there was more to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        The truth is out in todays AM nws. It seems they were 'plinking' with the gun wiith real ammo. I knew there was more to it.
                        Said that earlier, jimbo. (post #49)

Again, as others have stated, there is no reason to have a real gun on a movie set!

As franchi20 said, "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!"

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Said that earlier, jimbo. (post #49)

Again, as others have stated, there is no reason to have a real gun on a movie set!

As franchi20 said, "Stupid, stupid, STUPID!"
                          usually don't read your....

Comment

An FBI agent on Tucker’s program gave a possible scenario that sounds really goofy. When discussing a possible projectile, he stated the possibility of it being a shell casing from a former smaller round that had lodged in the chamber, and then was ejected from the barrel by the next round. The impossibility of such an occurrence is beyond belief to be given by a person familiar with firearms as a FBI agent.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

usually don't read your....
                              jhjimbo
                              ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Yesterday, 09:40 AM
                              Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                              Immigration law is "federal".

State, county, municipal LEO's don't have the authority to enforce federal law. Even with Gov. Abbott's blessings.

Texas has a "State Guard" (TSG) that is already assigned to assist CBP. Just not in an enforcement capacity.
                              That does free up a few more CBP agents for patrol duty.
                              The TSG is an extension of the Nat'l Guard.
                              The Nat'l Guard is also on duty along the southern border..... BUT.... the Nat'l Guard doesn't have the authority to enforce federal law.
                              The Nat'l Guard helps with CBP vehicle maintenance and other nonenforcement activities.

BUT.....not a bad idea!
                              I suppose if a few thousand US citizens decided to visit the border.....?
                              Interested in visiting the Rio Grande?

....and I wouldn't want a massive number of armed citizens standing at the border! To many hotheads, itchy fingers and Deputy Doo Right wannabes.
                              It might turn into another AB moment.
                              I really don't think you would want that.
                              I think the locals should be deputized to help the border Patrol enforce the law.
                              Last edited by jhjimbo; Yesterday, 05:32 PM.

Lying a-hole!
                              😉

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                                An FBI agent on Tucker’s program gave a possible scenario that sounds really goofy. When discussing a possible projectile, he stated the possibility of it being a shell casing from a former smaller round that had lodged in the chamber, and then was ejected from the barrel by the next round. The impossibility of such an occurrence is beyond belief to be given by a person familiar with firearms as a FBI agent.
                                I agree with you - it is absurd idea for a trained person.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
                                  My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't...
                                  Today, 01:29 AM
                                • Omicron
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
                                  11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
                                • Reply to Wild or Store Bought
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  I can feel my jaw muscles torquing up now! Man those things are G-U-D "good"!...
                                  Yesterday, 10:56 PM
                                • Wild or Store Bought
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  What is your preference for Turkeys ? I was at a home that cooked both and I have to say the wild turkey was very good. No white meat and very moist...
                                  11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
                                • Reply to Books for Christmas
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  If anyone is a true outdoors "person", any Peter Hathaway Capstick book is a grand read and anything by Gene Hill is good.
                                  I'm sure there...
                                  Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X