No announcement yet.

Alec Baldwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One interview said the dummy round looks just like the real deal except no powder or primer and they put BB's in them so they can shake them to tell of they are dummies. I guess the dummy did not do that.
    they order the ammo from a company in LA.

Comment

lab -
      Simply put, no.

Comment

He fired a gun with a live round in it that apparently had a bullet in it that would be able to cause mortal damage in a body at close range, and then disable another individual after the round passed through the first individual or target. In other words he lined up two targets or individuals and shot them both. The term over penetration would not be an accurate description of the results. I have on occasion made attempts to kill multiple creatures with a single round. On other occasions I have held my fire until I was sure that my firing was not going to cause multiple animals to be struck. None of this is rocket science!

Let's GO Brandon!!!
        ​​​​​​

Comment

Overpenetration is the perfect term to describe what happened here, without regard to the intention of the shooter.

Comment

Why would he even point anywhere near a person ? Really smells to me. Have you heard more about the victum's Husband and Durham (sp) investigation ? The victums husband works for a law firm that had dealings discovered by Durnham during his investigation. https://www.newsbreak.com/news/24092...ampaign-lawyer

Comment

This is the person "in charge" of guns on the set.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...w-budget-film/

Comment

This entire incident really stinks of there being more going on here than is being brought out ! Why would there even be a live round in this shooting at all ? Who brought it to the filming site, and who placed it in the gun ? It almost sounds as though someone was planning a murder, but how could they have known ahead of the shooting just who would be shot ? None of this makes any sense, and how is it to be determined who to charge ? There appears to be two people as the most at fault; the one who gave the gun to Baldwin and claimed it a ‘cold’ gun, and also Baldwin for not making certain that it was ! I’ll make a prediction that there will never be murder charges brought in this matter, possibly negligent charges only.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  I’m not gloating on this one bit, but Karma is a bitch sometimes. Careful what you ask for.

Click image for larger version Name:	CA146787-5AEE-4365-9518-50BFD6634F9F.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	188.5 KB ID:	783583
                  Damn Fitch, sometimes words come back to haunt !

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                    Prop guns are basically real guns.
                    You are correct sir !

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                      They point the gun right at people and fire, also directly at the camera. The armorer carefully reviews all script, checks distances as powder burns are a problem from too close a distance. Digitally enhancing to substitute flash and smoke can be done but recoil looks more authentic with real blanks. Also filming with real blanks is much less expensive. The armorer is on set and is responsible for what are often very real firearms at all times and when the scene is finished at the work "cut" retakes possession of the firearm. Most people such as actors have no idea of firearms, that's why they have an armorer.

I've only a vague idea who Baldwin is, he certainly wouldn't be responsible for firearms on a set, he's an actor.
                      If you pick up a firearm you are responsible, actors get firearm training as part of their job. Why was a real bullet in a gun on set is the question .

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

You are correct sir !
                        With all due respect, pmacc60, he is dead wrong.
                        Prop guns are inert plastic toys. Movies sometimes incorporate real guns for a touch of realism.
                        I've seen cowboy shootouts with a Colt .45 Peacemaker where the shooter experienced no discernable recoil! (?)

The crew had been shooting the gun for fun off the set.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

With all due respect, pmacc60, he is dead wrong.
                          Prop guns are inert plastic toys. Movies sometimes incorporate real guns for a touch of realism.
                          I've seen cowboy shootouts with a Colt .45 Peacemaker where the shooter experienced no discernable recoil! (?)

The crew had been shooting the gun for fun off the set.
                          You dare to challenge 99 and myself ?? You obviously don’t realize who you are messing with !! FB I think we are talking about two different things , armories for Hollywood productions have a vast amount of real firearms that shoot real bullets . There are prop guns but much of the non recoil come from blanks . They don’t have recoil like bullets , your not pushing any weight down the barrel. I concern is you ruined my bonding moment with 99! Lol

Comment

Recoil !! I would dare say, that some 85% of any western I have seen, is viewed without recoil affect. That goes for pistols and long guns. That is one of the truisms absent from Hollywood. That is also one way of discerning if a producer or director know anything at all about what happens when a trigger is pulled. Of course this is just a side note, but one that bugs me in regards to affects. But then, in this case, it appears things were a matter of being too real,,,,,,,,

Comment

I believe Tom Hanks fired a live round from his pistol in "Saving Private Ryan" toward the end of the movie as a German tank is rolling toward him.
                              The scene is shot from BEHIND the actor, and you can see not only the muzzle flip, but the twisting of the pistol in his hand.
                              Another shot from the front of the actor shows only the faked muzzle flip, now common in recent movies.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                                They point the gun right at people and fire, also directly at the camera. The armorer carefully reviews all script, checks distances as powder burns are a problem from too close a distance. Digitally enhancing to substitute flash and smoke can be done but recoil looks more authentic with real blanks. Also filming with real blanks is much less expensive. The armorer is on set and is responsible for what are often very real firearms at all times and when the scene is finished at the work "cut" retakes possession of the firearm. Most people such as actors have no idea of firearms, that's why they have an armorer.

I've only a vague idea who Baldwin is, he certainly wouldn't be responsible for firearms on a set, he's an actor.
                                So now the guy who doesn’t follow pop culture is a film production expert.

Might want to look into how things are supposed to be done to prevent this from happening.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/23/baldwi...ns-expert/amp/

Baldwin is one of the producers, it’s up to him to make sure the set is safe. Negligence abounded here.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad