Alec Baldwin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

What the hell is a live round doing on a movie set anyway?
    Reminds me of Forrest Gump.
    "Stupid is as stupid does!"
    Why the hell is he pointing a gun towards people and pulling the trigger?

Treat Every Gun as if it were loaded.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Why the hell is he pointing a gun towards people and pulling the trigger?

Treat Every Gun as if it were loaded.
      No argument here!

Comment

Just heard from John "Bo Duke" Schneider on Newsmax.
        According to him, and he is a hunter, this was NOT an accident.
        It was out and out stupidity.
        Had movie set protocols been followed for firearms, it could not happen.
        Also, it was not a "prop" gun. Prop guns are basically plastic toys.
        There is no reason to ever have an actual firearm on a movie set.

Comment

Prop guns are basically real guns.

Comment

Over the years I have read several stories in NRA Mags about gun collections that have served as a source for props in movies to lend authenticity to the tales!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

The movie crew apparently all had access to their masks. Masks stop needless loss of life. I hope everyone was vaccinated too!.

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Along with"Treat every gun as if it were loaded", the ignorant and arrogant alec baldwin did not have the "gun sense" to work the action of the loaded weapon to look for a clear chamber. He apparently relied on the word of another person that the firearm was safe, something NO ONE experienced with handling firearms would ever do. Any prior service person and most other gun nuts would work the action by reflex.

Comment

If it was a single action revolver, all he had to do was flip open the loading gate and push the ejector rod.

Comment

In the gun world he was an obvious incompetent. In the media world, someone else was responsible for handing him a safe prop. Gun owners take responsibility for their actions, multi millionaire actors blame others for their incompetence. Seems like the difference between Republicans and never Trumpers and Democrats!

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

They point the gun right at people and fire, also directly at the camera. The armorer carefully reviews all script, checks distances as powder burns are a problem from too close a distance. Digitally enhancing to substitute flash and smoke can be done but recoil looks more authentic with real blanks. Also filming with real blanks is much less expensive. The armorer is on set and is responsible for what are often very real firearms at all times and when the scene is finished at the work "cut" retakes possession of the firearm. Most people such as actors have no idea of firearms, that's why they have an armorer.

I've only a vague idea who Baldwin is, he certainly wouldn't be responsible for firearms on a set, he's an actor.

Comment

Is a hunter responsible for where his bullet goes? If there are guns on a set with real or hot rounds in them, than the individual who aims and pulls the trigger is responsible for the illusion or the carnage that results. He gets paid for the illusion that he creates, handsomely I might add. Taking a moment to ensure that no carnage ensues shouldn't be a huge effort. His gun was aimed at two people. That's his responsibility. I've never seen one of his movies or watched him on TV. I never watched Trump on TV. I've taken responsibility for rounds I've fired in NY, Washington State, Ohio, Alaska, British Columbia, Yukon, Northwest Territories, Alberta, and Ontario. I've carried firearms in other places without firing. Why can't Baldwin admit that he was the final arbiter of deciding to fire, and take responsibility for the results of his actions?

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Take it for what it’s worth.

https://nypost.com/2021/10/24/halyna...or-fun-report/

It appears this production was a disaster in the making from the start.

Comment

More and more comes out. Untrained, uneducated, downright stupid people handling guns. Nobody ever checked the gun to see it's state. Even when somebody clears a handgun in front of me, I double check.

Comment

I believe that the wounding of the director was a case of over-penetration.

Comment

You are saying he was trying to kill the first person he shot?

Let's GO Brandon!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad