Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alec Baldwin

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/al...ay-2021-10-22/

Somebody told him it wasn't loaded or dangerous. I believe that violates Rule #1 of firearms usage. The story goes downhill from there. Democrats always say, it wasn't supposed to be like this. Wishful thinking isn't beneficial to future reality.

Let's GO Brandon!!

Comment

Horrible, terrible, no good, very bad guns.

Comment

Didn't Perry Mason do a show on a murder committed by a so called stunt gun in 1963???

Comment

Criminal negligence all around.
          The prop company, its employees the studio and Alec Baldwin.

Comment

As Rush Limbaugh used to say in his Southern Senator voice,,,, there's a whole lot of oopsie goin around out dare!!!

Let's GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

From Lab12- "Didn't Perry Mason do a show on a murder committed by a so called stunt gun in 1963???"

Yep. Perry Mason got the guy off, and found the real murderer.

Comment

Going to be a ton of explaining to do. Not just why the gun was loaded but why was he actually pointing and pulling the trigger at the crew?

Sympathies for the victims.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Going to be a ton of explaining to do. Not just why the gun was loaded but why was he actually pointing and pulling the trigger at the crew?

Sympathies for the victims.
                  Couple of things.
                  For cartridge guns, "blanks" are normally either black powder (for flash and smoke) or a mixture of smokeless and black powder.
                  The cartridges are (normally?) sealed with a cardboard disc or a wax plug.
                  For cap and ball guns, it's normally(?) just black powder with some substance to hold the powder in place.

Wax plugs can act just like a bullet.
                  Even with no projectile, blanks, up close, muzzle blast can be destructive.

A friend of ours used to do "Old West Reenactments"!
                  He said he had been burned several times by folks who either weren't watching their muzzle or thought they were far enough away.
                  After Bruce Lee's son was killed, their show lost a lot of "authenticity" because they shot into the air instead of "AT" each other.

"Blank" does not mean "harmless"!

Comment

I agree, sympathies for the victims. Not a fan of Alec Baldwin.

Lets GO Brandon!!!

Comment

A prop guy interviewed said gases and powder could injur from a blank. I think it might be more along the lines of a wad at close range. Also he said the gun and subject were offset so any projectile would go by the subject. Unless Alec was messing around before the scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        A prop guy interviewed said gases and powder could injur from a blank. I think it might be more along the lines of a wad at close range. Also he said the gun and subject were offset so any projectile would go by the subject. Unless Alec was messing around before the scene.
                        Yes sir, I figure a "Watch this!" moment by a Mr. Bigshot Actor that went terribly awry because he was/is an idiot.

Comment

A buddy of mine was wounded during basic training in the army when a blank wad fired from a rifle hit him on the wrist, from a distance of 10 to 15 feet.
                          Not serious, but t did draw blood.

Comment

Did he get a purple heart, a LA JF Kerry?

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

I've seen reports of a live round in the firearm. It penetrated one person and wounded another. We're talking Perry Mason scenario here!

Lets GO Brandon!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
                                by jhjimbo
                                I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
                                My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't...
                                Today, 01:29 AM
                              • Omicron
                                by jhjimbo
                                Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
                                11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
                              • Reply to Wild or Store Bought
                                by FirstBubba
                                I can feel my jaw muscles torquing up now! Man those things are G-U-D "good"!...
                                Yesterday, 10:56 PM
                              • Wild or Store Bought
                                by jhjimbo
                                What is your preference for Turkeys ? I was at a home that cooked both and I have to say the wild turkey was very good. No white meat and very moist...
                                11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
                              • Reply to Books for Christmas
                                by FirstBubba
                                If anyone is a true outdoors "person", any Peter Hathaway Capstick book is a grand read and anything by Gene Hill is good.
                                I'm sure there...
                                Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X