Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sen. J. Manchin (D-WV)

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) is considering stepping away from the (D) party!
    His plan is to register as an "independent" (I).
    That would leave the democrats in a 50 (R), 47 (D) and 3 (I) minority in the senate, unable to pass bills to even buy better toilet paper! LOL!

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...emocrat-party/

FB , I would like to see Joe Manchin stay as a Democrat and just represent his constituents. I would love to see guys like Joe use their own minds and not do the party line. Then and only then will we have a real government for the people and of the people. I know that is naive and independent may be the way to go but it’s nice to hear a senator from the dem side discuss the issues instead of ram them down our throats .

Comment

I'd like to see Manchin change party affiliation. Maybe we can eventually get Senima to change parties too. The (d)'s are giving her blue blazes because she won't buy into the massive "tax and spend" plan.

More because it would take the (d)'s out of the majority and kick Schumer to the curb.

But I think you are right. Too many politicos aren't interested in their constituents, only their own party affiliation.

Comment

I'm with you pmacc60. I can remember the Democrat Party when they were still Americans, proud of the Constitution as it was written. That was before they became little commies, lieing under oath and having wingman AGs and such. Remember Humphrey giving a speech on the 2nd Amendment? Now they are just little commissars.

Comment

The last news report stated that Manchin has no intentions of leaving the D’s. But with the winds of politics, it is almost impossible to be certain of anything. And of course, when we throw the media into the equation, things become even much more difficult to rely on regarding truth. It will be interesting to see just how devoted the two D’s are to their words , and more than interesting.........important !!

Comment

All senators have more than one constituency. Both parties.

First and foremost they are beholden to folks with 8 figure assets and high six figure and up incomes. Those are the people they hang out with, go to parties with, their sons and daughters marry the other sons and daughters. Both parties. Every dollar of debt to decrease taxes on capital gains, income, etc is ok, but heavens to betsy no eye glasses and dentures for the elderly, nothing for pollution, none of that stuff, or it might raise their taxes.

When I was a kid the top income bracket was at $1.8 million in today's dollars and at 91% with 24 brackets below that at lesser rates down to 20%. Remember, this doesn't mean you pay 91% on the $1.8 million, it means you pay 91% on anything over $1.8 million.

If I sell some tech stock I pay less in taxes for what I made not working, than I pay in Social Security / Medicare taxes for the money I earn when I do work. And if my net worth in the market has quadrupled over the past 10 years, and I kick the bucket tomorrow, my kids pay nothing on all that unearned capital gains income.

Well off people aren't stupid. They don't want to pay huge amounts of money in taxes. They say "hey Joe" (Manchin) "don't be spending so doggone much, I don't want to pay for it" and because they are besties with Joe, not because he's corrupt mind you, it's just that these are his buds, Joe says he won't vote for any big spending program.

Sinema has a Phd in Justice Studies, former member of Green Party, organised anti war protests (Gulf War), has penned editorials denouncing capitalism and Reagan/Bush to be Osama, Saddam lovers. Oh, and she attends lots of high dollar fund raisers. I'm not so sure about her conservative creds either.

Comment

Hey Rat, weren't you taxed on the money you invested? How many times should the government, local, state and federal get to tax each dollar you make? Freedom is a concept undervalued in today's world. Did your kids go to the school where they tape the masks to the kids faces?

Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                The last news report stated that Manchin has no intentions of leaving the D’s. But with the winds of politics, it is almost impossible to be certain of anything. And of course, when we throw the media into the equation, things become even much more difficult to rely on regarding truth. It will be interesting to see just how devoted the two D’s are to their words , and more than interesting.........important !!
                Yes sir! Caught that early this morning on CFP.

lab12, my parents and paternal grandparents were hard core union (D)'s. They were constantly critical of anything conservative.

"A poor man voting for a (R) is like a chicken voting for Col. Sanders!"

"Give a poor man a thousand dollars and the first things he'd do is join the country club and vote a republican ticket!"

My mother was die hard (d) until the day she died.

Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-21-2021, 06:38 PM.

Comment

w
                  weren't you taxed on the money you invested?
                  I'm not paying tax on that money, I'm paying tax on the money that money earned. Not only that, I don't have to pay tax on capital gains until I actually get them. So if I gain $100K, it doesn't raise my tax rate, because I leave it in the market, they call that unrealized income. All the unrealized income no one pays taxes on if they inherit. Also unrealized income on houses is tax free if I'm remembering correctly, even when you cash in your chips, sell that house, and move to Alabama.

Comment

Trump raised taxes on rich people! His tax plan implemented a $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductions from federal taxes. The build back better Biden plan removes that deduction cap and returns that gift of thousands of dollars to the rich in NY, NJ, California, Chicago etc. Biden and Schumer are raising some taxes and cutting their buddies at the same time!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                      Trump raised taxes on rich people! His tax plan implemented a $10,000 cap on state and local tax deductions from federal taxes. The build back better Biden plan removes that deduction cap and returns that gift of thousands of dollars to the rich in NY, NJ, California, Chicago etc. Biden and Schumer are raising some taxes and cutting their buddies at the same time!
                      It won't bother the rich if they raise the income tax. Zuckerberg yearly salary is 1 dollar. If they were worried about rich people they would have a weath tax .

When the United States collapse happens the elite will already be in another country.

Let's go Brandon.

Comment

You're correct Lab, and if Trump had his way there wouldn't have even been a $10K cap, even better Trump increased the standard deduction so that now the vast majority of people simply pay the standard deduction. For small mom and pop businesses he also gave a 20% across the board deduction. Generally it was good for me, and a lot people didn't like it, the 10% living in CA,NY,NJ, CT, etc, and also anti tax folks like the Koch brothers.

The tax rate cuts expire in 2025, but the corporate tax cuts don't, and the entire bill added somewhere around 2 trillion to our debt. Not sure if you care about debt but many people scream about it when it means eye glasses for the elderly or $ for moms with kids.

Also only estates over 22 million have to pay tax on the $ over that amount.

I got some great tax breaks, and it made wealthy Dems noisy, it also increased the debt by a huge amount by giving breaks to the wealthy who hardly need a break.

Comment

The plan was that it would encourage US manufacturing to relocate onshore so that horrendous containerized shipping wouldn't cripple our economy. Mining and energy and pharmaceutical and manufacturing could return so that insane reliance on a communist slave driving, war embracing totalitarian state wouldn't be our only option. Nice try!

Lets GO Brandon!!!!!

Comment

I'm not nice trying anything, just stating what was in the bill. You are welcome to read it and come to your own conclusions.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
                              The more they bully Manchin and Sinema the more they dig in their heels.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Smollett
                                by franchi20
                                Get ready for riots and burning, if he's found guilty....
                                Today, 07:52 PM
                              • Smollett
                                by jhjimbo
                                Smollett testifies for 6 hours for a crime that probably only took a few minutes. What a farce....
                                Today, 06:46 PM
                              • Reply to 7 December, 1941
                                by labrador12
                                My good buddies dad was a pow from the battle of the bulge. I knocked back a few with him over the years. Hes gone now too! Hell of a guy. My dad has...
                                Today, 07:33 PM
                              • 7 December, 1941
                                by crm3006
                                Today is December 7th. On Sunday, December 7th, 1941, the Japanese launched a surprise attack on the American navel base in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii, killing...
                                Today, 09:28 AM
                              • Reply to Voting Rights Act
                                by FirstBubba
                                ....and I think we ALL know who (whom?) I'm speaking of! LOL!...
                                Today, 07:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X