Holy guacamole!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holy guacamole!

Headed out this morning for a jaunt into Texas.
    Needed fuel, so stopped in a truck stop.
    YIKES!!!
    Diesel was $3.759/gal! We've been paying $2.699/gal.
    Finally found some at a WalMart for $2.999/gal and the pump clicked off at $75.00. Barely 25.008 gallons!

'Buck" Joe Fiden!!!!!

Dear Putin, Iran, OPEC and Afghanistan,

PLEASE send more oil!

"Creepy" Joe Biden "SPIC-USA"
    ​​​​​​​

Hold on to your hat, Bubba. It ain't gonna get any better, anytime soon. joe bite-me will go down as the president that brought down America.

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
      Hold on to your hat, Bubba. It ain't gonna get any better, anytime soon. joe bite-me will go down as the president that brought down America.
      I'm afraid it's worse than any of us think.

I'm seeing polls with let's go Brandon at 35%. The polls always skew 5 to ten points for the dimwits, so that would put him at 25% . They don't care Joe has no intention of seeking re-election , (if there is one) they plan on fundamentally transforming this nation from a republic to a dictator ship. Nothing can stop the transformation, if there is no opposition party other than Trump , a few senators and House members.

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I'm afraid it's worse than any of us think.

I'm seeing polls with let's go Brandon at 35%. The polls always skew 5 to ten points for the dimwits, so that would put him at 25% . They don't care Joe has no intention of seeking re-election , (if there is one) they plan on fundamentally transforming this nation from a republic to a dictator ship. Nothing can stop the transformation, if there is no opposition party other than Trump , a few senators and House members.
        I fear you are dead right danbo! I just don't see how America can pull itself out of this mess!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          Yes sir!
          I got my "stampede string" pulled up tight. I'm reminded back when Obummer was in the WH and diesel went to $4+/gallon!
          A trip to the filling station and I felt like I needed to go sign a note at the bank! LOL!

Edit: I fear $3.759/gal fuel is just the tip of the iceberg!
          I'm seeing quite a few articles about coming food shortages.
          This winter may not be too bad, but with fuel prices spiking, farmers aren't going to be able to produce as much or food prices will spike unbelievably!
          Last edited by FirstBubba; 10-20-2021, 01:02 PM.

Comment

You guys are all wrong ???!!! Just settle down, read all the good true words the dimwits are saying about how wonderful everything is going and will even be better after the 3.5 trillion is enacted. You just have no faith in our savior biden. After all, 81,000,000 can’t be wrong, is that not correct ? Just be more believing in the good word.........that is biden biden biden.

Damn, I think I’m going to be sick sick sick.

Comment

Cheer up!
              The news isn't all bad.

https://news.yahoo.com/washington-ne...151300251.html

Comment

bowhunter75richard-You really should make use of the sarcasm font! I read about half your post wondering how the bandicoot snowhole HAPOPS had hijacked your avatar! LOL!

Comment

I'm cashing in most of the vacation days I have left this year, just to bolster the savings a bit. Luckily with our gun deer season, there are a total of 8 weekend days plus Thanksgiving, so that's still a decent number of days to hunt.

(But then there's the other school of thought -- hunting more days could mean more meat, and meat's one of the things getting real pricey right now ... plus I only have about a 4-mile drive to go hunting, so the price of gas isn't really a problem ...... I don't know, I'll probably end up taking a couple weekdays off, just in hopes of having the land to myself without the hooplehead relatives.)

Comment

From MattM37- " hunting more days could mean more meat, and meat's one of the things getting real pricey right now ..."

Yep. Meat is getting to be higher than a cat's back up a tree! Good luck with your hunting. Do you process your own, or use a commercial butcher?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                      I'm cashing in most of the vacation days I have left this year, just to bolster the savings a bit. Luckily with our gun deer season, there are a total of 8 weekend days plus Thanksgiving, so that's still a decent number of days to hunt.

(But then there's the other school of thought -- hunting more days could mean more meat, and meat's one of the things getting real pricey right now ... plus I only have about a 4-mile drive to go hunting, so the price of gas isn't really a problem ...... I don't know, I'll probably end up taking a couple weekdays off, just in hopes of having the land to myself without the hooplehead relatives.)
                      Now THAT sounds like a plan! LOL!

Comment

My nephew moved in one summer.
                        That fall, I tagged and processed 6 deer.
                        Ground, steaks, sausage and jerky.
                        By mid May, the boy had eaten every iota, molecule of venison on the place and was starting on the garden! 😳!
                        "I don't like squash!"....until I fried some. Then he'd go pick the garden!
                        The boy could eat like a refugee!

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Don’t forget the regular muzzleloader season AND the extra holiday muzzleloader season.

May not be your thing but for some reason I can picture you going old school hiking the snow with a T/C Renegade or some such. Which is saying something since I have no idea what you look like.

Comment

FB; Our price is going up tomorrow. Won’t be surprised if it hits $3/gal

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                              FB; Our price is going up tomorrow. Won’t be surprised if it hits $3/gal
                              LPG? At this point in time, I won't be surprised to see $4/gal?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad