No announcement yet.

How come the Amish aren't all dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The kids and wife had chills, fevers, body aches , cough and other symptoms for about a week. They all tested negative for Covid. I don't trust the accuracy of the test.

A good friend of mine came down with the Wuhan manufactured flu in early September.
    He's a very accomplished hunter and very nice guy. He's better now but still has cough and permanent lung and heart damage.
    His father (who was heathy) caught it and sadly passed .

Comment

Sorry to hear about your friends. The odds are overwhelmingly in favor of covid being no big deal but there is no denying that it gets some people. Non octagerians should be pretty safe but the fickle finger of fate is always out there. I buried my wife when she was 55 from melanoma.

Comment

Six months after I buried my wife I was diagnosed with prostate cancer. That fickle finger is always out there. I still drive to Alaska and ride motorcycles, sometimes without a helmet. Let's GO Brandon!!

Comment

Dan, condolences to you and your friend. Hope he makes progress over time.

Not my business but I’m curious if your kids were exposed at school? Ours had a spike the first few weeks but since has settled down, sports teams have been playing right along. Homecoming tomorrow.

Life goes on…..

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

I hope the family has a complete and full recovery. Took me months to get my breathing back to normal. Several men I've known didn't make it through the virus.
            ~ My nephew's father-in-law
            ~ The bass player of our favorite band
            ~ A friend from the karaoke bunch
            ~ The front door guy at our favorite bar
            ~ The cook at our favorite bar
            ~ A coworker from the home office

Anyone who still says the virus is a hoax is just fooling themselves. However, the lock-downs didn't work and mask mandates didn't work. Natural immunity and vaccine side effects are still being ignored.

As for us, we're still unvaccinated, still maskless, and obviously still here. Going out tonight for dancing and drinking with friends.
            I'm still not vaccinated. I'm going to a football game. No I don't like sports , my daughter is singing the National anthem.

Comment

Congrats. Enjoy her singing and opportunity.

Let's GO Brandon!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                Dan, condolences to you and your friend. Hope he makes progress over time.

Not my business but I’m curious if your kids were exposed at school? Ours had a spike the first few weeks but since has settled down, sports teams have been playing right along. Homecoming tomorrow.

Life goes on…..
                My friend is very heathy and keeps testing positive. He felt better and killed a doe behind his house. Couple days later he got sick again. Thing is his wife sleeps next to him and hasn't caught it. How?
                He also works at a school.

Yes they caught it from school. My wife works there. Half the people sick test positive and other half negative with same symptoms.

Everyone in my family is doing fine now.
                My wife is feeling better but has a cough.
                She is fully vaccinated.

Yes life goes on. I'll be in my tree stand at 530 in the morning.
                Last edited by Danbo; 10-15-2021, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  Congrats. Enjoy her singing and opportunity.

Let's GO Brandon!!
                  I'm debating whether I should start that chant🙃 My wife says not to because it's a high school.

Comment

If and when it starts you can sing along. Sing a verse for me please. Let's GO Brandon!!!!

Comment

For all the above who have lost loved ones or close friends, my heart goes out to you and heartfelt condolences.
                      To all those above who are suffering or have friends or relatives suffering, God bless you all.

Comment

Dan, and others who've been sick or have loved ones unwell, I wish a speedy and complete recovery.

The PCR test is considered the gold standard for covid, but it can give false negatives if someone is over their symptoms, or is taken before infection, other tests are less reliable. Also the flu this year is pretty strong, and it's going around.

I'm glad Pig recognises that covid is not a hoax, that's a good first step. I'd like to correct some other misconceptions however.

Vaccinated people are 7 times less likely to catch the virus, and if the vaccinated are infected they are usually sick for a shorter period, and therefore contagious for a shorter time.

We already know that 85% of the deaths are now with the unvaccinated, deaths and hospitalizations are also trending younger, as that 40 to 50 demographic has lots of unvaccinated. The over 65 have most all gotten vaxxed.

About natural immunity.. Pig is right, it conveys very good protection for some people, others, 30 to 40 percent, show no antibodies at all, and the formerly infected seem to catch covid at twice the rate of the vaccinated. For now they recommend the vaccine to everyone.

In the last 3 months they figure we've had about 90,000 deaths that needn't of happened.

Masks and lockdowns don't work when we go by the honor system and there is a large segment that takes pride in ignoring them. Many many countries have had much smaller numbers of deaths and infections, they have universal mask wearing and when they have uncontrolled spread they do real lock downs (not the fake ones as here).

At this point you have 2 choices, get vaccinated, or you will catch covid. Besides not being a hoax, most of the prevention measures suggested are also a good idea.

Stay healthy.

Comment

Well I feel fine but on the way out the door the weather alerts beeps for tornado in my area.

If I got up on time I already would be in my tree stand a mile and a half up the hill.
                          I'm watching this storm on Doppler radar head towards my hunting area.

Comment

Rock -
                            Very good post.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                              Rock -
                              Very good post.
                              Lol I hope Rock Rat doesn’t come to a quick stop because your head removal will be difficult in extraction with his pompous ass ! How does the man get anything done with you dangling from his balls ?

Comment

Pmacc -
                                Typical snotty remark in response to a good factual comment.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad