How come the Amish aren't all dead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come the Amish aren't all dead?

The Amish Community have largely ignored the Covid bullcrap, got the virus, and continued on their way. Herd immunity and disregard for the vaccine played a role. They mostly skipped the going to the hospital when they got sick thing too!

Bad haircuts , thick beards , hairy legs and armpits (woman) fewer baths and not educated enough to die! ( 8th grade education ) ! Oh and a horse farting in your face down the road , may have anti viral properties!

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
      Bad haircuts , thick beards , hairy legs and armpits (woman) fewer baths and not educated enough to die! ( 8th grade education ) ! Oh and a horse farting in your face down the road , may have anti viral properties!
      Horse farts! No doubt!
      Could be my years of snuffing up equine flatus that keeps me healthy! LOL!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Good stuff PH !

Comment

Yes sir pighunter! Good stuff! LOL!

Comment

Thanks guys, you know I like a little bit of humor

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                  The Amish Community have largely ignored the Covid bullcrap, got the virus, and continued on their way. Herd immunity and disregard for the vaccine played a role. They mostly skipped the going to the hospital when they got sick thing too!
                  That's pretty much what we've done in my household. It's my understanding that the Amish use hospitals in some serious illnesses and conditions.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Top photo:

HOW DARE THEY use whips on those deer! 🤯

Comment

Just because they're Amish doesn't mean they don't l ow how to shoot!

Worked with a lay minister once.
                        He walked into the office and Barry was sitting at the control console looking at a Playboy foldout.
                        "WOW!", Lloyd exclaimed.
                        "I thought you were a preacher?", Barry said.
                        Lloyd never missed a beat, "I am a preacher, but I'm not dead!"

Comment

"Few official statistics are available on COVID-19’s prevalence in the Amish community. However, one Amish man, who asked that his name not be used out of respect for his traditions, said the pandemic has profoundly impacted his friends and neighbors.

“I’ve lost count of how many people it’s affected in our community,” he said. “I lost one of my very good friends.”

https://www.pennmedicine.org/news/ne...from-the-covid

Comment

You want nothing to do with Amish shooting or hunting! The only time I have ever come close to being shot was by a 60+ year old Amish guy ! He shot a doe between the two of us at around 40 yards from me. As I saw him aim I remember saying well there goes my legs but the doe stopped the slug! He walk over to me and said that could have been dangerous , I said in return “ it didn’t stop you from shooting did it? “ he got so upset he walked away and had to come and ask me 20 minutes later if I knew where the deer he shot was laying. They are for the most part very backward and stunted socially ! I live in the heart of Amish country and I could tell you stories

Comment

4% of Amish are obese. 42% in the US as a whole. There's some kind of connection between fat and the virus, it attacks or finds a great place to live in fatty tissues in the lungs.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad