$3.5 Trillion social hand out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danbo View Post

I'm not defeatist, it's reality. There is no possible way out of this disaster.

The real deficit is way more than the slimy politicians are letting on. If the Republicans were in charge and planning on spending a few trillion to invade some irrelevant country. The right wingers would be cheering them on.
    The Dems are the war mongers. Susan Rice, Valerie Jarrett and Hillary never met a war they did not like. Remember Syria and Bengazi ?

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
      Take a look at the cost of some of those programs Bowhunter. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan- past 4 trillion. Cost of Bush's tax cuts in 01 and 03, 5.6 trillion. Trump's tax cuts 2.3 trillion. And none of them even claimed to have made up the deficit spending by cuts elsewhere. At least Biden's folks are paying for their plan with taxes.

The affordable care act actually has saved money even though the taxes on uninsured was repealed as was the tax on medical device makers and cadillac plans.
      Do you really believe what you post ? Do you not understand the reason for tax cuts ? When can you show me where tax increase has been use correctly by the feds or states. You just drink this kool aid the Libs throw out there. Rock Rat all you do is pontificate on the virtues of more government services but I see ( and hear about it) every day with public housing . The more money they are given the more money squandered . Covid money , grant money , new budget money and always no change for residents . Still housing the homeless who tear up the buildings and disregard rules, they bring in there abuse issues , drugs , alcohol and violence. Bring these people in an explain this behavior will not be tolerated and they accuse my wife and her staff of racism , prejudice and discrimination ! Set up food donation programs and the food gets thrown away . Send in a Ross coordinator to help with coping issues and nutrition and she sits there …. Alone ! When she ask staff member how she could get the residents to come and talk to her , it was suggested she put out donuts or cookies …. It worked like a charm. Point is the people in public housing are there for a reason and even though my wife does house many deserving and appreciative people most are not ! Give them x box , TV , cigarettes drugs and alcohol and their good !

The next one that irritates me the most is affordable healthcare , BULLSHIT !!!! I’m a company owner , I insured myself and family and my employees . We had top notch insurance ( Blue Cross ) dental etc ! It was never easy to pay for but I could manage ! Today I would never even try because I would not be in business. Worse part now I have the same provider and worse coverage . However one of my former employees got cancer, when he did he got full coverage from the state , excellent care and support groups who gave him gas money , paid his rent and cable and offered rides for treatment etc! He was a former employee because he had severe drug and alcohol problems and he was loving cancer till the day he passed away from it ! Selling his pain medication and self medicating . My mother passed away from a condition caused by a doctor prescribed medication . The last 6 weeks of her life she ran up $500,000 in medical bills and all her insurance ran out! Medicare came within 5 days of taking everything that her and my father worked for their whole lives! Yes I take your post personal because I see your nonsense in real time and real life and the only people that Ben if it from all this is the users of society and believe me they have all the programs they need ! Pleas stop your propaganda because that’s all it is!

Comment

Pmacc you can debate wether this or that program is worth it, and I might agree with you or not, but borrowing money to give rich folk tax cuts just does not make sense. We pay interest on that money to the Chinese.

Comment

Pmacc you can debate wether this or that program is worth it, and I might agree with you or not, but borrowing money to give rich folk tax cuts just does not make sense. We pay interest on that money to the Chinese.
          That is just your way of looking at this , rich folk ! Look we will all get nailed on taxes with this bill but more importantly we will get nailed with inflation . Biden has a approval rating going into the tank , fighting going on in the Democratic Party and policies that are just plain dangerous to Americans . You can debate me on the theory but the facts are this administration is as bad as any ever in history . Everything about it is smoke a mirrors , even the presidents statements are done with a fake backdrop so we don’t see the teleprompter !! We can’t even debate on taxes because there is no tax base plan in place. It’s not personal to you but I wonder what you can be thinking with your statements ?

Rock Rat , Baltimore Maryland is a perfect example of liberal government over 50 years ! This was a city that in the 50’s and 60’s that had a great port, they had manufacturing that paid good living wages to blue collar workers , wonderful neighborhoods with pride and society ! One of the most sought out cities in the country to live. Now the city is a dump , a hell hole of poverty , drugs and crime. Murder rates that rival any in the country ! Corruption in politics, police and no hope for recovery because Baltimore lost industry and then the port was now not as valuable because they were not shipping products out ! The city has 1/3 of its 1970 population , people afraid to walk the streets , drug addicts standing in zombie mode given the name for this condition as the Baltimore lean! When I was a kid Baltimore had industry and pride now it has neither ! You want to build infrastructure start with tax breaks to cooperations and factories building things and giving jobs on American soil ! Give States and cities a tax base and the 3.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill would not be needed.

Comment

Funny how Trump took away the tax deduction of property taxes beyond $10,000. NY and California are still screaming. Was that a tax cut Rat? Did that affect high earners and their tax shelters? Democrats own the urban centers where the death toll from crime and corruption dwarfs the Chicago Capone years. In those days automatic firearms could be purchased at the local hardware store, without a background check. 100 years later the weaponry is illegal but the corruption goes all the way to the top. Democrats own the corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
              Funny how Trump took away the tax deduction of property taxes beyond $10,000. NY and California are still screaming. Was that a tax cut Rat? Did that affect high earners and their tax shelters? Democrats own the urban centers where the death toll from crime and corruption dwarfs the Chicago Capone years. In those days automatic firearms could be purchased at the local hardware store, without a background check. 100 years later the weaponry is illegal but the corruption goes all the way to the top. Democrats own the corruption.
              Eehh! We're about 13 years shy of the GCA '34 banning full autos. But what's 87 years to a rock? LOL!

"... Democrats own the urban centers where the death toll from crime and corruption dwarfs the Chicago Capone years. ..."

Disease deaths, educational deserts, gang violence, welfare jungles, etc, etc......
              All (d) social programs.

In the mid 60's, LBJ declared "War on Poverty".
              It's been some 55+ years and we are still battling poverty! Bet we've spent more than Afghanistan ever thought about.....and still no progress!

Comment

I don't think they are getting tax cuts this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

That is just your way of looking at this , rich folk ! Look we will all get nailed on taxes with this bill but more importantly we will get nailed with inflation . Biden has a approval rating going into the tank , fighting going on in the Democratic Party and policies that are just plain dangerous to Americans . You can debate me on the theory but the facts are this administration is as bad as any ever in history . Everything about it is smoke a mirrors , even the presidents statements are done with a fake backdrop so we don’t see the teleprompter !! We can’t even debate on taxes because there is no tax base plan in place. It’s not personal to you but I wonder what you can be thinking with your statements ?

Rock Rat , Baltimore Maryland is a perfect example of liberal government over 50 years ! This was a city that in the 50’s and 60’s that had a great port, they had manufacturing that paid good living wages to blue collar workers , wonderful neighborhoods with pride and society ! One of the most sought out cities in the country to live. Now the city is a dump , a hell hole of poverty , drugs and crime. Murder rates that rival any in the country ! Corruption in politics, police and no hope for recovery because Baltimore lost industry and then the port was now not as valuable because they were not shipping products out ! The city has 1/3 of its 1970 population , people afraid to walk the streets , drug addicts standing in zombie mode given the name for this condition as the Baltimore lean! When I was a kid Baltimore had industry and pride now it has neither ! You want to build infrastructure start with tax breaks to cooperations and factories building things and giving jobs on American soil ! Give States and cities a tax base and the 3.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill would not be needed.
                  Companies will raise prices when their taxes go up. Two things, one, it is a big tax on the Middle Class individua where the bulk of the wealth in this Country lies and two, the upward spiral of inflation will continue until the money supply in the hands of the consumer evaporates ( becomes worthless in purchasing power). One cause of inflation is too much money in the hands of the consumer(especially in handouts) . Now is a perfect example wth new cars selling for more than sticker and used cars selling for more than they did when they were new. Eventually the Fed will realize their mistake and cut back on the money supply and the cycle will start all over again. As usual, the poor are hurt tne most.
                  If you want to learn more about the situation we are in study the 'velocity' of money - Economics 201.
                  Last edited by jhjimbo; 10-10-2021, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                    Again you guys have it ass backwards.
                    Cities with high crime rates are heavily populated with ethnic minorities that are historically associated with high crime and they tend to elect Democratic mayors.
                    Then, to you guys, correlation equals causation, and the mayors become the cause of the crime.
                    Trump stirs the pot and you guys jump in.
                    You are deep, but deep down, you are shallow.

Comment

Grasshopper, your snowhole is the essence of nothing, yet it is your totality in a nutshell.

Comment

Lab,
                        Very profound.

Comment

It still amazes me that the D’s talk about people having money, that they need to pay their fair share, need to step forward. If we control wealth in the manner the D’s want, who will be putting up the finances that build factories, businesses, invest in other ventures that provide jobs for the same people who criticize the money ? And the free money turkey biden is throwing around is useless in terms of ending poverty. Anything that is given and not earned is never appreciated add no attempts will be made to stretch it when it is known that more money will be forthcoming anyway ! When the handouts start, all motivation ends. As Bubba said, poverty will never not be a issue, but just maybe a little education snd less easy money would lead to eligibility for being employable, lots of job openings. But, the easy money keeps getting in the damn way. Dimwits.......what a joke !! They deserve biden, too bad we have to put up with the loser also !!

Comment

The Democrats in the urban areas pay the people who count the votes. They pay the gangs to provide votes. They pay the police union to protect the vote counters. They win the vote. Corrupt from beginning to end.

Comment

lab-
                              You seem to be saying that Trump was right.
                              This whole democracy experiment was a complete failure.
                              Maybe what we need is a dictator, like Trump.
                              You think?
                              Spit it out!

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post

Again you guys have it ass backwards.
                                Cities with high crime rates are heavily populated with ethnic minorities that are historically associated with high crime and they tend to elect Democratic mayors.
                                Then, to you guys, correlation equals causation, and the mayors become the cause of the crime.
                                Trump stirs the pot and you guys jump in.
                                You are deep, but deep down, you are shallow.
                                What are these ethnic groups your referring to ? Sorry I know all race groups and ethnic back grounds and it’s more of a socioeconomic problem than a ethnic problem. I hired several guys from Baltimore and depending on the community they live in was the way they behaved! Most were white and not the kind of people you would want to associate with. One thing about parties the urban people vote for is Democrats promise give away programs . Many people my wife houses are poor but also they don’t want to make there lives better or more successful , they love the hustle ! Sad but true!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad