You May Not Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You May Not Care

Just a heads-up to those of you who do not follow what is going on. This week and possibly part of next week the fate of the United States as you know it, is on the table and up for vote. ONLY two Senators stand in the way of Congress passing bills that total almost $6 TRILLION dollars. . If the proposed legislation passes, the pathway toward Marxism/Communism will be carved and there will be no way of stopping it. You might just want to call your Reps and Senators. Watching Hannity and Tucker would give you a good overview of what is involved. Look, I am facing Octogenerian status so this is not going to affect me very much but I fear for my younger relatives and Citizens for just what kind of Country they will have. My glory days were the '50's and '70's thorugh to Viet Nam so I have lived my life - protect yours. This is a GREAT Country (I know as I have been all over the World, nothing even comes close) Just saying. Carry on.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-27-2021, 10:34 PM.

Best country I've ever seen too Jim, and I too have seen a few.

I think the combined bills are 3.4 trillion, which sounds like a lot but they've offset lots with taxes, and it's over 10 years, that's like 340 billion a year, roughly what we were throwing away in Afghanistan every year.

Trump attached a lot more to a regular spending bill in 2020 and the sky didn't fall. 900 billion in a single year. December 2020. $600 cash into my bank, Thank you President Trump.

I don't worry about Dem spending Jim, if anything it's usually too miserly for regular folks and too generous for big corporations and the kinds of people that spend 20K a year on cleaning ladies and landscapers.

Comment

Rock -
      Good post.

Comment

Somebody has been drinking the kool-aid….

Comment

Rock it’s a irresponsible post , You always want to use more educated opinions on the matter so Joe Manchin says it’s not a good idea now , let’s see how the first 1.7 trillion does . Also the tax base is not worked out yet so that’s putting the cart before the horse. His best point is if it’s going to be needed and the Democrat's believe it’s based in the countries interest then what is the rush ?
          FYI , I have a cleaning lady and am spending more for landscaping than 20 grand this year for property improvement . My company get things done and I still work everyday before I got hurt. My father always said “never be ashamed to make a honest living “ ! Store shelves are empty here in the mid Atlantic because they don’t have enough employees . Government giving away money without thinking it through past getting votes. So much pork in this bill Anti gun funding as well. The worse part is the cost to the younger people , what effect will it cause that so many of the productive members of our society ! Even your own rationale says so little will get the regular folk! Before you post this kind of thing maybe you should volunteer at a shelter or public housing community . Go to a clinic or Emergency room and watch where your money goes ! Talk is cheap experience your liberal policies and maybe the Danbo / Bubba votes may mean more to you.” The road to hell is paved with good intentions “ this bill if passed will send this country to a Hell. This country will be in much worse shape after this administration than when they took over! Bet on it

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
            Best country I've ever seen too Jim, and I too have seen a few.

I think the combined bills are 3.4 trillion, which sounds like a lot but they've offset lots with taxes, and it's over 10 years, that's like 340 billion a year, roughly what we were throwing away in Afghanistan every year.

Trump attached a lot more to a regular spending bill in 2020 and the sky didn't fall. 900 billion in a single year. December 2020. $600 cash into my bank, Thank you President Trump.

I don't worry about Dem spending Jim, if anything it's usually too miserly for regular folks and too generous for big corporations and the kinds of people that spend 20K a year on cleaning ladies and landscapers.
            RR, Biparitisan Bill $1.2 T , Partisan Bill $3.5 T. That, by simple math adds up to $4.7 T But, analyst say it would be more like $ 6 T in reality.

Already, the interest rate on 10yr Treasury Notes is starting to edge up. This is a warning sign of inflation to come. Inflation for the average Middle Class person is like a huge TAX. Thank your Govt in Washington - both parties, when it bites you in the ass. Ask anybody that lived through the Carter years of the '70's where interest rates hit about 20%. We made more money buying jumbo CD's than we could have doing our regular business. The 'misery index' was through the roof.

A Guide to the Twisted Thicket of Bills in Congress - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

BTW, a Govt shut down is not all that bad - it is like a paid vacation for Govt employees. They all will get paid.
            Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-28-2021, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad