The Red/Blue death divide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Red/Blue death divide

We're now averaging a couple thousand dead people a day. That's quite a few. Numbers add up at that rate. Infections have been decreasing for a couple of weeks, and I'm hoping some day soon death rates follow.

With the vaccine out for so many months, and concerted efforts to cajole and coerce vaccination changes have occured in how is vaccinated. Many very blue counties such as the county five blocks to my west have vaccination rates close to 90% and mask rules in place. Nationally 86% of Dem voters have gotten at least one shot, 60% of Trump voters.

This latest surge took off in June. The death rate in strong Trump counties is 4 to 5 times the death rate in strong Biden counties. The death rate is so unequal that a recent article in Breitbart https://www.breitbart.com/entertainm...p-voters-dead/ conjectured that having so many dead Republicans could be the deciding factor in many razor thin races.

By now you might well be thinking "but I'm vaccinated" true that, but not so true for many Republican voters. There is a common thread of denialism in Republican thought of late. The whole "Trump won" thing, masks don't work, the vaccine kills people, or Obama born in Kenya, global warming, moon landing faked, etc. 15% of Americans think 9/11 was an inside job. And a lot of those folks are dying of covid. I'm still trying to decide if this is a good or bad thing.

​​​​​​https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/b...cinations.html

Yes I read the article in the New York Times , I found it as poor a choice in reporting as I have ever read. How about questions of the medical nature as my Dr friend suggested? One thing RR you can take stats and twist them into any argument you like. A couple things here :
    Red states may have less herd immunity !
    Red states ( Trump states ) that are spiking are claimed as republicans who are unvaccinated and I will tell you there is no way of knowing that!
    Minorities historically vote Democrat and have lower vaccination rates so I guess it’s the Republicans minorities who are dying !
    Rock Rat the same New York Times let under their nose let a Governor , mayor a police chief do what they wanted , I wouldn’t trust anything they slant. One last thing, much of your diatribe concerns every physician I have ever talked to because you google and think you understand or know . They really dislike your type because you don’t except their diagnosis or treatment options . Every study is complex and googling is the tip of the iceberg ! Suggestion this is a outdoor forum how about a contribution to hunting or fishing once in a while! You will find friends on Facebook for this .

FYI Donald Trump urged Americans to get vasinated !!

Comment

Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000.
        What were the Counties where Trump won less than 32% ?

Comment

Holly #*+€. More of this really. I’m to the point I don’t want the shot and have had covid. What people don’t realize is most people are tired of being nagged about it. Have a coke sit down and STFU!!! For a few minutes and let people think instead of constantly clamoring like a whining crying and nagging like a child. I will say no as long as I am pestered about it. Ask my wife and kids. And guess what most people are that way. I refuse to give in and reward such silly behavior.
          I have heard my whole life a political split is coming. I’m starting to think it might and I for one would not mind the peace and quiet.
          Trusting the New York Times is like trusting Bill Clinton with an intern.

Comment

Used to be the other way around. Big blue cities full of both minorities who would go unmasked, party hearty, and when the vaccine came around didn't bother. The other half of blue cities were the young entitled travelers, too young and healthy to worry, even at 50. The minorities got hounded into vaxxing, plus they had to keep their jobs, and the hipsters got vaxxed so they could continue jet setting to vacations.

What's left is Milldawg, Bubba, Danbo. Elderly, not in the best health, vulnerable. Those numbers for red counties included all the Biden voters who got sick too, imagine if the numbers were strictly for Trump voters, not looking real pretty.

I don't care about the Bubba/Danbo vote, but some of you others will think about things and maybe vote well in primaries, we desperately need good politicians, and we aren't going to get them if a bunch of conservatives die off.

Comment

I hope with all the hope I have to hope with we can get some good politicians but it’s getting tougher.

Comment

We have the government that we deserve by vacating our responsibility to demand solid performance from elected officials. Biden-Harris-Pelosi-Schumer is a clown show. If that’s the best the Dems can do, that’s sadder than sad.

Comment

A majority of Trump voters believe it's 'time to split the country' in two.

https://news.yahoo.com/majority-trum...160443147.html

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

What were the Counties where Trump won less than 32% ?
                    The counties where he won less than 32% or more than 70% were too few to draw statistical analysis from.

Gaba is pretty good. There are probably even more skewed results from strong Trump or strong anti Trump voting blocs, but showing the results of 10 counties and calling it a trend is misleading. Just finding numbers to support your opinion is disingenuous at best. Gaba wants true numbers that can stand up to scrutiny for his reputation as being an honest statistician and also because putting one's thumb on the scale proves nothing except that one is a liar.

Comment

There are reports that as much as 72% of the black population of NYC is unvaccinated. If so many blacks are unvaccinated, how can anyone with a brain claim that Trump voters are the drivers of the unvaccinated population?

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
                        There are reports that as much as 72% of the black population of NYC is unvaccinated. If so many blacks are unvaccinated, how can anyone with a brain claim that Trump voters are the drivers of the unvaccinated population?
                        Easy—-math

Black people are like 12% of the population, Trump voters are about half the population. Also many places the black population is getting closer to the levels of vac as the white, like Mississippi AL etc. Many black people were simply reluctant from indifference, they were more easily convinced. Asians are like 92% vaxxed, don't have to ask them twice, they are also higher IQ on average.

This wave is declining. But we’ve lost thousands of mostly conservatives recently. Almost every of the over 1800 deaths per day are preventable.

Comment

538 the statisticians get into the double think of the whole thing.https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...cid=538twitter
                          I didn't realize there's a whole reddit for people mocking those who died without getting the vaccine, and it has a few hundred thousand members, called the Herman Cain something or other.

Comment

There are urban areas of the country where non whites are the overwhelming majority of the population. In those areas the overwhelming majority of the population is unvaccinated. The bluest of the blue areas are the blackest and brownest and least vaccinated areas of the country.

Comment

Ya, and I think NYC is one of those types of cities you mention.

I googled a little. https://www1.nyc.gov/site/doh/covid/...-vaccines.page
                              Looks like half the black people in NYC vaccinated.

Alabama is at like 43% for the entire state.
                              42% of wyoming
                              48% of OK

You could probably further break it down in each state by race, but I think Wyoming is like .01% black.

Don't forget too, minorities are shifting Republican, Hispanics more than black people but black people too. Think about it, you are black and your neighborhood is full of gang killings etc. You going to vote for defund the police? Heck no. Lots of conservative black people without a political home, Hispanics shifted strongly towards Trump last election, not over 50%, and not enough to throw the election, but enough to make Dem strategists nervous.

Extreme blue is highly educated, high tech or academia or both, young, money.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad