$3.5 Trillion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $3.5 Trillion

That will break the bank. We have a $ 29 TRILLION DOLLAR DEBT now.
    The bill has so much pork in it - childcare, free college, housing for the vagrants and handouts for those who cheat the system.
    Why is it people have a kid and then want everybody else to take care of it and she gets the monthly handout for the kid. How much of that goes to the kid ? I bet very little. Drive around the welfare neighborhoods and show me an old car. Look at the people with their 2" finger extensions and $300 hair doos trying to straighten that kinky hair. All paid for by the tax payers. Paying for Education for the rest of our lives is bad enough even after the kids are grown and gone.
    Wait until the bill comes in for all the Afgans and Haitians - this is a royal rip off and people should push back, way back.

Jim this is all paid for, it's in the bill. It's not like those tax breaks that cost the same or the wars that cost the same. It's not unfunded. Debt is accumulated by giving trillion dollar tax breaks.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
      Jim this is all paid for, it's in the bill. It's not like those tax breaks that cost the same or the wars that cost the same. It's not unfunded. Debt is accumulated by giving trillion dollar tax breaks.
      i saw a in depth interview with Joe Manchin on CNN and he completely disagrees with what your saying . He said in a nutshell that how can this bill be voted in when they do not have the groundwork tax base worked out? He also stated that if the Democratic Party believes this is viable then there is no hurry to push this through and would it not make sense to see how the 1.5 trillion is working first ? I recommend you view that interview on CNN 9/14 !

Comment

I read the transcript of the interview long ago, I don't watch you tube or TV, takes too long.

Joe and many Dems and Repubs love "infrastructure" because it funnels money to the businesses who pay the campaign contributions. Our representatives work for corporations, not us. It's not just Manchin, it's Schumer, my two Dem senators, pretty much everyone. The budget part of the bill covers things like eye glasses and dental for senior on medicare, funding to promote less carbon, higher education, all the stuff that affects actual people. And it's funded. They don't like how it's funded, by pulling back a couple percent of the 6% given away under Trump, but hey, it's only the highest income earners, and it's only 2%. If I were king I'd raise taxes to 50% above 300K and rising to 99% somewhere in the low millions.

In the 60s business owners poured money into their businesses and workers because they'd lose it all to taxes anyway. People were very loyal to their employers, and there were things like vacations, pensions, education.

Comment

I read the transcript of the interview long ago, I don't watch you tube or TV, takes too long.

Joe and many Dems and Repubs love "infrastructure" because it funnels money to the businesses who pay the campaign contributions. Our representatives work for corporations, not us. It's not just Manchin, it's Schumer, my two Dem senators, pretty much everyone. The budget part of the bill covers things like eye glasses and dental for senior on medicare, funding to promote less carbon, higher education, all the stuff that affects actual people. And it's funded. They don't like how it's funded, by pulling back a couple percent of the 6% given away under Trump, but hey, it's only the highest income earners, and it's only 2%. If I were king I'd raise taxes to 50% above 300K and rising to 99% somewhere in the low millions.

In the 60s business owners poured money into their businesses and workers because they'd lose it all to taxes anyway. People were very loyal to their employers, and there were things like vacations, pensions, education.
          Sorry but that’s not watching the interview, he was bullied and remained a gentleman. He explain his position and the reason . He was attacked , interviewer tried to put words in his mouth, he stood his ground politely but firmly citing his position facts. Then AOC cheap shots came and he answered those as well. In the 60’s we did not has the bastardization of social programs that keep pumping good money after bad. Take a look at what we have going on now, people got money to stay home and no one wanted to work ! Over 50 years of this government give away and we haven’t learned nothing yet!

Comment

It is all paid for with our tax dollars. Study Economics, will you ?

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

It is all paid for with our tax dollars. Study Economics, will you ?
              Yes that's how we pay for things, with taxes. Unlike the 4.1 trillion covid relief bill which was mostly $ for businesses. We paid for that by borrowing from the Chinese, and the Trump tax break was also a net loss. No money made up by cutting anywhere, just borrow from the Chinese.

here, read.

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARES_Act

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...an_Act_of_2021

Comment

Yes that's how we pay for things, with taxes. Unlike the 4.1 trillion covid relief bill which was mostly $ for businesses. We paid for that by borrowing from the Chinese, and the Trump tax break was also a net loss. No money made up by cutting anywhere, just borrow from the Chinese.

here, read.

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CARES_Act

​​​​​​https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americ...an_Act_of_2021
                We have been selling Treasuries to Chineese and others for years. They own a good chunk of the U.S. if they ever call the debt. We have gone to the well too many times and it is going to bite us sooner or later - probably sooner.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 2050
                  by FirstBubba
                  Yeah...what jimbo stated is racist and Hanson's article really doesn't deal with "races" in the "race" sense of the word, but with...
                  Today, 08:31 PM
                  by jhjimbo
                  What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there ?

With land becoming more and more densly populated, animals...
                  11-24-2021, 10:00 AM
                • Reply to Pres. H.R. Clinton (d)
                  by 99explorer
                  Buying the presidency sounds easy.
                  All it takes is 50 million dollars.
                  George Soros carries that much in his wallet.
                  Today, 08:19 PM
                • Pres. H.R. Clinton (d)
                  by FirstBubba
                  Wanna read something scarey?
                  Try this on for size!
                  Sadly, it makes perfect sense.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/get-...
                  Today, 05:34 PM
                • Reply to 2050
                  by FirstBubba
                  Uhhmmm.............
                  Victor Davis Hanson maybe?...
                  Today, 08:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X