Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TGIF; 15 minutes of fame

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    Here's one for you fellas!

    Dean Dillon* - "Hot, Country and Single"

    https://youtu.be/L-hmAVnlXoM

    Don't recognize the name or the song? I didn't!

    * - Dean Dillon is perhaps best known for co-writing more than 70 songs recorded by George Strait.


    Alright, after watching that I have to post up this well known one hit wonder and former mullet champion.

    Extra points to Dean Dillion for the Wyatt Earp mustache look.

    Last edited by fitch270; 09-24-2021, 04:27 PM.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      Here's one for you fellas!

      Dean Dillon* - "Hot, Country and Single"

      https://youtu.be/L-hmAVnlXoM

      Don't recognize the name or the song? I didn't!

      * - Dean Dillon is perhaps best known for co-writing more than 70 songs recorded by George Strait.
      Good one! Very catchy.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        "Macarena" by Los del Rio

        Wedding reception staple right there.

        Cheesy enough to remind me of this.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
          The Georgia Satellites are best known for the song “Keep Your Hands to Yourself” but I like this one better.


          After they broke up, Dan Baird, the lead singer, had a one hit solo with "The Punctuation Song". You'll have to find it yourselves, l have no idea how to post them things. And, I have the Georgia Satellites album on vinyl.
          Last edited by franchi20; 09-24-2021, 04:48 PM.

          Comment


          • #50
            From the 60's

            "Incense & Peppermints" by Strawberry Alarm Clock



            "Sugar Sugar" by The Archies .... looks a little like me dancing (going out tonight)

            Comment


            • #51
              From the 70's

              "Black Betty" by Ram Jam

              She's from Birmingham (Bam-ba-lam)
              Way down in Alabam' (Bam-ba-lam)
              Well, she's shakin' that thing (Bam-ba-lam)
              Boy, she makes me sing (Bam-ba-lam)

              Last edited by PigHunter; 09-24-2021, 07:18 PM.

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by franchi20 View Post

                After they broke up, Dan Baird, the lead singer, had a one hit solo with "The Punctuation Song". You'll have to find it yourselves, l have no idea how to post them things. And, I have the Georgia Satellites album on vinyl.
                Boom!!!!

                The guitar work is the same but I never would have made the connection. It’s been a looooong time since I’ve heard this one.

                Thanks man!


                Comment


                • #53
                  I’m doing it. Posting up a rap song.

                  Sue me.


                  I’d pay to watch PH cover this on Karaoke night!!!!!!!!!!!!


                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post



                    Alright, after watching that I have to post up this well known one hit wonder and former mullet champion.

                    Extra points to Dean Dillion for the Wyatt Earp mustache look.

                    Billy Ray ("Silly" Ray) was quite the heart throb with "Achy Breaky Heart" and his fame has been kinda spotty but he still is "recognizable". Might be because of Miley! She's a real fruitcake as far as I'm concerned.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      I’m doing it. Posting up a rap song.

                      Sue me.


                      I’d pay to watch PH cover this on Karaoke night!!!!!!!!!!!!


                      Word.

                      "You ain't it, Miss Thing."

                      One of the top ten best song-lyric lines ever written.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                        From the 70's

                        "Black Betty" by Ram Jam

                        She's from Birmingham (Bam-ba-lam)
                        Way down in Alabam' (Bam-ba-lam)
                        Well, she's shakin' that thing (Bam-ba-lam)
                        Boy, she makes me sing (Bam-ba-lam)



                        "My Sharona" by The Knack


                        No way I can keep up with the lyrics to Black Betty. Good tune.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by fitch270 View Post


                          No way I can keep up with the lyrics to Black Betty. Good tune.
                          I know. Very hard to sing.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I posted this one back when we were posting "summer time" songs.

                            Mungo Jerry - "In The Summertime"

                            https://youtu.be/wvUQcnf)

                            Killer "muttonchop" sideburns! LOL!

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                              I’m doing it. Posting up a rap song.

                              Sue me.

                              I’d pay to watch PH cover this on Karaoke night!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Hmmmm, never done rap. But this would be a good one to start!

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

                                Boom!!!!

                                The guitar work is the same but I never would have made the connection. It’s been a looooong time since I’ve heard this one.

                                Thanks man!


                                Glad you were able to find it. That is just all-out fun.

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Reply to $457,000........
                                  by Pmacc60
                                  Fitch of course it’s not different but Rock Rat wants to control the narrative . Problem with guys like this they have to be right , so they need to...
                                  Today, 08:30 AM
                                • $457,000........
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  The hypocrisy of government, and in this case biden ! The immigration issue at the Southern boarder which affects all citizens safety and protection,...
                                  Yesterday, 08:57 AM
                                • Reply to TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                  by franchi20
                                  I saw her open for John Mellencamp. By the time she had done 3 songs, l had my admission price back and the rest of the night was gravy. I thought Janis...
                                  Today, 07:28 AM
                                • TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                  by fitch270
                                  Easy one this week that should cover all kinds of styles.


                                  Lighting it up with one from The Cult

                                  ”Fire Woman”...
                                  10-22-2021, 07:47 AM
                                • Reply to How come the Amish aren't all dead?
                                  by labrador12
                                  Very good summation of facts in this matter!

                                  Let's GO Brandon!!!
                                  Today, 06:13 AM

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X