X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter
    Last night at home I tried "Dancing In The Dark" but it just wasn't happening. But I did better with "Born To Run" and may add it to my public karaoke list.
    You should give Thunder Road a try. Seems like more of a bar crowd pleaser. Plus you could sing it to Pighuntress:
    "Show a little faith, there's magic in the night;
    You ain't a beauty, but hey, you're alright
    And that's alright with me ...."

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied

I’m not sure about the fairgrounds but he was at a downtown venue a couple years ago. I only found out about two days before and didn’t want to go alone. Once was enough for my wife, lol!

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Both in Binghamton. The first at the Veteran’s Arena and the second at the Magic City Music Hall, the old converted Chuck E Cheese building.

The second show we were about 5’ from the stage. It was awesome.
    That is awesome when you're up close like that. The best upstate venue for us has been the Rochester hockey arena -- it's quite a bit smaller than the Albany and Buffalo arenas. On the converse, I'll never go to another stadium show again. It's still great to be there and hear the music (and feel the concrete shaking under your feet), but the distance when you're in the upper seats is just ridiculous.

I thought maybe you were going to say you saw him at the State Fair; I feel like he's played there a couple of times, could be wrong.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Sixteen shows. Wow.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Both in Binghamton. The first at the Veteran’s Arena and the second at the Magic City Music Hall, the old converted Chuck E Cheese building.

The second show we were about 5’ from the stage. It was awesome.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied

How many shows have you taken in?

I've seen Billy twice, ‘83 & ‘05.

Sixteen. They were on tour pretty steadily from '03 right up to 2015, and always had at least a couple New York state venues on each tour. We also went down to Jersey three times, two shows at Giants Stadium, and my first ever was a benefit Christmas show at the little Asbury Park Convention Hall. Met his mom! Without knowing it was her at the time. We were talking to this nice older lady before the show as we took our seats. Later on, when the onstage dancing began, Bruce called out, "Hey, I think my mom's here tonight -- where is she?" And that same lady stood up, went up the aisle, and a minute later was going out onstage to dance. (I thought that was cool, that she apparently just had a ticket to the show like everyone else.)

Where were the Billy Idol concerts?

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Ugh. Not many long-time fans like the pure pop, but hey, it was the 80s. It's definitely a fun song at concerts. He still hauls someone up from the crowd to dance -- not always the young ladies. One time there was this old dude down in front, tall and skinny and dressed to the nines, and all night long he'd been totally cutting a rug down there. Bruce got him up on stage and the guy just went ballistic dancing -- seriously the best dancing I've ever seen, and the guy was probably in his 60s.
    How many shows have you taken in?

I've seen Billy twice, ‘83 & ‘05.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
    Now I feel real old. I was in high school when Born to Run hit like a bomb and Springsteen was the biggest thing to happen to R&R since the Beatles.
    No need to feel old, Franchi. He's still rockin'; so can you.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    replied
    OK, ok. I like this one. Maybe because it’s pure pop. And has Courtney Cox in it.

Ugh. Not many long-time fans like the pure pop, but hey, it was the 80s. It's definitely a fun song at concerts. He still hauls someone up from the crowd to dance -- not always the young ladies. One time there was this old dude down in front, tall and skinny and dressed to the nines, and all night long he'd been totally cutting a rug down there. Bruce got him up on stage and the guy just went ballistic dancing -- seriously the best dancing I've ever seen, and the guy was probably in his 60s.

Leave a comment:

• franchi20
    replied
    Now I feel real old. I was in high school when Born to Run hit like a bomb and Springsteen was the biggest thing to happen to R&R since the Beatles.

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    OK, ok. I like this one. Maybe because it’s pure pop. And has Courtney Cox in it.

Leave a comment:

• MattM37
    started a topic Tgibsb!

Tgibsb!

(Thank God it's Bruce Springsteen's birthday.)

Happy 72nd, Bruce!
    Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run (Acoustic) - YouTube

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 2050
    by DakotaMan
    That sounds a little bit racist jimbo. Another way to put it is that the majority of the countries that have failed have not not been mulit-racial. Given...
    Today, 07:42 PM
    by jhjimbo
    What will hunting (if any ) look like in 2050 ? Any prognosticators out there ?

With land becoming more and more densly populated, animals...
    11-24-2021, 10:00 AM
  • Reply to Pres. H.R. Clinton (d)
    by franchi20
    Could be, but, Jill already has more houses than she can use. Except missing one on Nantucket....
    Today, 07:14 PM
  • Pres. H.R. Clinton (d)
    by FirstBubba
    Wanna read something scarey?
    Try this on for size!
    Sadly, it makes perfect sense.

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/get-...
    Today, 05:34 PM
  • Reply to Rittenhouse NOT Guilty
    by 99explorer
    If you were Kyle Rittenhouse's father and he said,
    "Hey Dad, there is a riot going on over in Kenosha. Can I go and bring my gun?"...
    Today, 06:56 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X