Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kids Football Canceled, Unruly Parents

Here's a sad commentary.
    Pop Warner cancels football season for 3 CNY teams due to bad spectator behavior - newyorkupstate.com

There's also a major shortage of high-school referees in this area. When that was reported, reasons weren't given besides the general shortage of people wanting to work, but no doubt it's more of a thankless job than ever before.

Same scenario over the years at every level competition breeds bad behavior from little league to pro sports. Been there ,player , parent, coach seen poor behavior from parents ! I have be threatened attacked both verbal and physically but I learned quick . Keep any association with the parents to a minimum , parents think with emotion and that’s never good. I dealt with it by no favors to the kids and every kid counts , over a decade it worked . Still run into the kids I coached and they tell me they had a great time . Many went on to play college , it’s the ones who ended it up in drugs that’s the saddest thing . One of my best kids /athletes sits in jail because of drugs . Breaks my heart that kid was as clutch player as I ever met, the kid was amazing right up till a bad crowd and drugs took over! Trouble with youth sports is parents , it’s that simple

Comment

No participation trophies either?

Entitlement mindset run amuck. Kids lose out but it was the other guys fault.

Comment

Nowadays bad behavior could be anything. Using the wrong pronoun, wearing the wrong hat or tee shirt. Media report what they want to report, reality be damned!

Comment

Originally posted by labrador12 View Post
          Nowadays bad behavior could be anything. Using the wrong pronoun, wearing the wrong hat or tee shirt. Media report what they want to report, reality be damned!
          So very true , any upset or hurt anyone’s feelings .

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
            No participation trophies either?

Entitlement mindset run amuck. Kids lose out but it was the other guys fault.
            I wonder if they play musical chairs anymore ? If they do I’m sure if there are eight kids there are eight chairs ! No kid left out !

Comment

Tee Ball and HS Rodeo!
              Some parents are absolutley "cut throat".
              I disliked those "win at all cost" types.
              Did get to see some parents I would like to wear out a bat on! ...and they were talking to their own kid! 🤬

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The 25th Amendment
                by bowhunter75richard
                It is rather shocking, although it should not be, since it involves rr ! He appears to have no concerns, worries or ill thoughts of the possibility that...
                Today, 03:01 PM
              • The 25th Amendment
                by FirstBubba
                Kamala refers to "Creepy" Joe as the Titanic!
                Dr. Jill keeps asking if they can use the 25th Amendment to remove a sitting VEEP! LOL!...
                Yesterday, 07:02 PM
              • Reply to The Greatest
                by jhjimbo
                Benoit family was from Vermont although I am sure they hunted Maine as well....
                Today, 02:02 PM
              • The Greatest
                by jhjimbo
                Subject: Great Hunters

Great story about great hunters. Check out the stock on Larry Benoits' Remington 760, 30-06.In the Adirondacks there...
                Yesterday, 10:03 AM
              • Reply to The Greatest
                by jhjimbo
                o.k., i'll try that - I thinkk I hit select all.

I highlighted the paragraph and hit the 'I' and nothing happened except the highlight was...
                Today, 02:00 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X