Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why has the Gabby case garnered so much coverage ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why has the Gabby case garnered so much coverage ?

Are not young women kidnappped every day never to be heard from again ?

She's young and attractive, and she posted hundreds of pictures and videos online for the "news" to use in attracting clicks.

I love the vid where she's in their little tent with the Tibetan prayer flags in the background and her bf is outside doing yoga.

Comment

Because it's a real live murder mystery.
      A young couple takes off on a camping trip and the dude comes back alone.
      He won't offer any explanation for the disappearance of the missing girl.
      Then he disappears, and becomes a "person of interest."
      Then the girl's remains are found, and the coroner rules it a homicide.
      Who done it?

Comment

The boyfriend was smuggled out in the pickup camper by his parents 2 weeks ago. Prolly made it into Canada by now, and living with OHH.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
          the boyfriend was smuggled out in the pickup camper by his parents 2 weeks ago. Prolly made it into canada by now, and living with ohh.
          lmbo!!!!! 🤣😂😄🤣😂😄🤣😂😄!

Comment

Seriously, even if she was the one in trouble, if the cops had picked her up, she just might be alive today.
            Once again, the fickle finger of fate has selected an innocent with a whole life to look forward to.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
              Seriously, even if she was the one in trouble, if the cops had picked her up, she just might be alive today.
              Once again, the fickle finger of fate has selected an innocent with a whole life to look forward to.
              I agree. Don't want to fault the cops, many bad decisions made going back several years to include Gabby and Brian.

Comment

I think the Rat is correct. Physically attractive people with lots of online photos and video to use, an HBO-worthy storyline, and it's news media gold. But overall, Jimbo, I don't believe it's such a common occurrence as you make it sound. It's definitely newsworthy in anyone's book.

It's being aired an awful lot, but it's also had some newsworthy developments: 1. She was missing when he came back alone. 2. Then there was cop-cam footage of the couple arguing, her crying, etc. 3. Body found in Wyoming. 4. He disappeared into the Florida swamps. 5. Another couple reports giving him a ride, alone. 6. Body in Wyoming positively ID'ed as Gabby's. 7. Manhunt in Florida continues.

It hasn't been stagnant, and at least it's not one of those stories where the media's just speculating. Things have actually happened and they've reported on them.

Comment

I agree. Don't want to fault the cops, many bad decisions made going back several years to include Gabby and Brian.
                  With both kids being LEO's, I've discovered that the majority (80%? 90%?) don't realize that despite the badge and the gun, LEO's are just people too, prone to the frailties of any run of the mill human "bean" that put their pants on one leg at a time.

Comment

If it wasn’t for standing in line waiting to
                    purchase a snack on Monday I’d have no idea what this is about. The store had a TV on with the sound off, but I ended up reading the bulletins that are constantly crossing the news screens. Can’t say I’m disappointed we dumped TV last year.

It’s not a new phenomenon.

Natalie Wood
                    JonBenét Ramsey
                    Nicole Brown Simpson
                    etc etc etc

May she RIP. Someday someone will answer for it.

Comment

The boyfriend was smuggled out in the pickup camper by his parents 2 weeks ago. Prolly made it into Canada by now, and living with OHH.
                      Two weeks ago there was no crime.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Two weeks ago there was no crime.
                        Yes there was. It hadn't been discovered yet.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          I think the Rat is correct. Physically attractive people with lots of online photos and video to use, an HBO-worthy storyline, and it's news media gold. But overall, Jimbo, I don't believe it's such a common occurrence as you make it sound. It's definitely newsworthy in anyone's book.

It's being aired an awful lot, but it's also had some newsworthy developments: 1. She was missing when he came back alone. 2. Then there was cop-cam footage of the couple arguing, her crying, etc. 3. Body found in Wyoming. 4. He disappeared into the Florida swamps. 5. Another couple reports giving him a ride, alone. 6. Body in Wyoming positively ID'ed as Gabby's. 7. Manhunt in Florida continues.

It hasn't been stagnant, and at least it's not one of those stories where the media's just speculating. Things have actually happened and they've reported on them.

The Sheriff that stopped them thought she is a mental case.

Comment

Yes there was. It hadn't been discovered yet.
                            Good to know you have psychic powere.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Anybody made one ?
                              by jhjimbo
                              I once saw a .50 bmg necked down to a .22 hanging on a back bar....
                              Today, 03:04 PM
                            • Anybody made one ?
                              by jhjimbo
                              Anyone made a 'wildcat' and the firearm to go with it ?

Is there a hole in the cartridge lineup you would like to see filled ? My gunsmith...
                              10-13-2021, 06:50 PM
                            • Man kills five people using bow and arrows.
                              by labrador12
                              A Muslim convert praising Allah by killing unbelievers the old fashioned way in Norway. Was it an AR-bow? Was it a ghost bow, without a serial number....
                              Today, 02:57 PM
                            • Reply to TGIF: Foodfight!
                              by PigHunter
                              "California Gurls" by Katy Perry ... lot's of sweets in this one

Today, 02:54 PM
                            • TGIF: Foodfight!
                              by fitch270
                              The hint last week was the line “I had a barbecue stain on my white T-shirt” from Tim McGraw’s “Something Like That”

I thought...
                              Yesterday, 09:30 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X