Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crm3006
    replied
    From BH75R- " But to be fair, that could also be said about me by a few on the site........"

Possibly by the two morons, maybe the honk-honk, but not by anybody expressing an honest and unbiased opinion, BH75R. I personally find your posts to be well thought out, neither radical nor extreme, and they ring through that you are speaking from sincere experiance and considered opinion.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    CRM, I am making a concerted effort in my aging years to be a little more moderate in my opinions and remarks, and thus used the word ‘some’ in my quantity of belief of honk’s ‘expertise’ ! Even though I have been only since 2015 subjected to his postings, I have learned much of what you have described, and it is less painful since there is less to read. But to be fair, that could also be said about me by a few on the site........
    🤣😂😄!!!! Not quite BHR! Anybody on this site that has a problem with your postings just ain't right!

"... could also be said about me ..."
    LMBO!
    Now that there's funny.....!

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    CRM, I am making a concerted effort in my aging years to be a little more moderate in my opinions and remarks, and thus used the word ‘some’ in my quantity of belief of honk’s ‘expertise’ ! Even though I have been only since 2015 subjected to his postings, I have learned much of what you have described, and it is less painful since there is less to read. But to be fair, that could also be said about me by a few on the site........

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    I remember his CV listed so many jobs, for his age each one could only have lasted a few years. Not very impressive employment history. My remark to him was to condense his 300 word diatribes down to 100 max, He never did.

Leave a comment:

• crm3006
    replied
    From BH75R: " I have little doubt some is true, ....."

Richard, since you have only been here since 2015, you fortunately have not suffered the full experience of honk the phony. He has been caught out in so many instances of ignorance, of what he writes about, most of his blather can be discounted by about 90%. He has also been accused, with some justification, of plagiarism, and lifting some of his stories from older issues of men's and outdoor magizines.
    However, the arrogance and bravado, the me, me, me, the superiority, and the absolute contempt for us lesser mortals shines through, every time.
    Did I mention that honk has, through the years, claimed at least twenty or thirty different professions, and once claimed to have been hired "sight unseen" for some supervisory government position?
    Now, possibly, you can have a little clearer understanding of why a lot of the rest of us, and a lot of folks no longer on the forum, view the honkster with an eye toward skepticism.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Of all the people on here of all stripes I would have guessed the one to get booted out of Hunt to be the one that actually did get booted out.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Pmacc60, I had two "back and forth" sessions with Newberg
    The last one, when he threatened to "ban" me from the site, I ended by saying I wasn't going to just sit back and be bullied.
    After that, I couldn't log on.
    I started to set up another account but decided the site wasn't worth the trouble.
    I also found out that several of the posters are actual attorneys and tend to throw their "legalese" around.
    I saw the Honk tossed around several times due to his arrogance.

Leave a comment:

• Pmacc60
    replied
    Hunt Talk is a good site but to say it isn’t liberal is not being honest . If you consider that these are hunters and gun owners it’s extremely liberal. Randy Newberg ( Big Fin ) is a great guy and controls that site pretty well. Hunt Talk isn’t for everyone however , it has its own sort of good ole boy thing and if you don’t fit in you don’t fit in ! I received a scathing threat of being banned if my behavior didn’t improve, I PM Randy back and to his credit he retracted the threat because he was misinformed. We had several back and forth sand I find him reasonable and overworked. He does not want to offend certain people because he needs their help ! The site has a different agenda and is mostly about keeping publis land for use by hunters. You have many members anti NRA as well . Political issues aren’t very popular there and monitored closely . Randy does a great job but it is the Most liberal hunting site I know of . For gun and game talk I love Long Range Hunter it is well ran by Len Backus , great members and so much more than the name indicated ! Good people great information , I recommend you all check it out.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    Some of Honk’s stuff is okay, that is if one can survive the bravado and believe the rest. I have little doubt some is true, but the me, me, me is somewhat abrasive on the aspect of reading it ! My life is okay without putting myself through too much of Honk.
    Honk had to have been an only child! LOL! ...or thought he was anyway!

Leave a comment:

• bowhunter75richard
    replied
    Some of Honk’s stuff is okay, that is if one can survive the bravado and believe the rest. I have little doubt some is true, but the me, me, me is somewhat abrasive on the aspect of reading it ! My life is okay without putting myself through too much of Honk.

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    I've been reading honk's stories about his latests hunting trip to Africa.

Great stories. Honk is having the time of his life, can't wait to hear of his next adventure. Hunting all those big critters sounds like a blast. Lot of other people like hearing of his adventures too. Honk is a cantankerous old goat and with good reason, a lifetime of experiences informing his opinions. Ranger in Alaska and Yosemite, a lifetime hunting deer and elk, reading his adventures is a lot of fun. I'll bet Happy Miles could keep a campfire entertained for hours too.

I never go over to that site much, I'll have to go more. Usually I don't enjoy other peoples stores so much, but reading about shooting that buffalo running was great.

Bubba maybe is you apologised and promised to behave yourself they'd let you back on. The site is for sure not liberal, nor conservative, simply a bunch of hunters of different perspectives who try to respect each other.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Did it hurt when they kicked you in the ass on your way out ?
    Did it hurt when the doctor dropped you on your head?

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

"SWOOOSH!"
    That's a swing and a miss!
    Did it hurt when they kicked you in the ass on your way out ?

Leave a comment:

• rock rat
    replied
    Did they boot Bubba? Hunt talk is a pretty welcoming web site but they do have some ground rules which you can break and get warned but then their patience runs out. Bad mouthing other people is a no no. Very few get kicked off of there, congrats bubba.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
    Now we know why someone on here got kicked off another Hunt site.
    "SWOOOSH!"
    That's a swing and a miss!

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
    by jhjimbo
    I have heard the differential diagnosis is based on the mild temp increase up to about 101, not higher.
    My normal temp is 97, so the 101 rule won't...
    Today, 01:29 AM
  • Omicron
    by jhjimbo
    Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
    11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
  • Reply to Wild or Store Bought
    by FirstBubba
    I can feel my jaw muscles torquing up now! Man those things are G-U-D "good"!...
    Yesterday, 10:56 PM
  • Wild or Store Bought
    by jhjimbo
    What is your preference for Turkeys ? I was at a home that cooked both and I have to say the wild turkey was very good. No white meat and very moist...
    11-24-2021, 10:19 AM
  • Reply to Books for Christmas
    by FirstBubba
    If anyone is a true outdoors "person", any Peter Hathaway Capstick book is a grand read and anything by Gene Hill is good.
    I'm sure there...
    Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X