Real Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=rock rat;n780766]

Well maybe calling people dimwits isn't such a great idea, and I did list some things the Biden folks have done well. Maybe you missed that part? I can find good and bad with all administrations, why is it you guys see only good with one, and bad with the other?

I really like the increase in wages for low wage jobs, just the other day Amazon said it was intent on hiring 200K workers this year at an average pay of $18 per hour.

I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too.

Biden leads on covid instead of saying it's up to the states or it will be gone by Easter.

extended nuke treaty with russians

rejoined paris climate accords

put funding back for cyber security

ordered all federal contractors to pay $15 min
    the devaluation of purchasing

Guess who is going to pay for those wage hikes ? You, your kids, your grandkids, and so on. will pay for them for the rest of your and their life in the devaluation of the dollar purchasing power. You just shot yourself in the foot.
    Our debt is measured in Trillions. Do you know how big a Trillion is ?
    IF you had $1 million dollars to spend EVERY DAY, how long would it take you to spend a Trillion Dollars ? If I remember it is 2,439 years. just divide 1 trillion by 365,000,000.
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-20-2021, 03:16 PM.

Comment

The market is down today because a huge China investement Co. may default on it's debt and that will ripple over here.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
        Someone once asked an investment counselor to make a prediction about the stock market, and his prediction was that "it will fluctuate."
        That’s a good one , I knew someone thought it up for you. Apparently you do didn’t understand the point !

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

Interesting that people aren't returning to work even as the extra unemployment benefits are ending. There've been several news reports about that lately. I'm thinking it's a little early to say -- people who were getting an extra $600 then $300 a week for months could've put a nice chunk by and maybe have decided to live off it a while before going back to work. They're still getting their 70% every week, besides. It's still kind of weird, though.
          Best part is that money was taxable. I know a bunch that caught with their pants down.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            The market is down today because a huge China investement Co. may default on it's debt and that will ripple over here.
            That plus poor economic indicators for the first half of Sept.

Comment

The stock market ‘so called increase’ was the result principally of the biden steal. So many people were hoodwinked as a result of his election and there was great euphoria amongst the voters, and investors. However, now that the true results are being brought to the surface of the man who was thought to be the great savior, these same investors are becoming a little squeamish ! The old words of ‘you can fool some of the people’ is beginning to indicate its true meaning ! The other words of interest of ‘if something appears too good to be true’ is also now at the forefront of truism as people are learning this administration is living up to the ending of ‘then it probably is’. Evidently, the simple mind of rr is easily manipulated to accept the results of the hidden pea trick as he was never able to locate it !

Comment

"...just divide 1 trillion by 365,000,000..."

Huh?
                I'm not gonna become a trillionaire anyway, why should I care?
                ...or a billionaire ... or a millionaire ...OR a thousandaire!
                Hell, I'm barely a hundredaire! LOL!

...and even that is questionable!

Comment

Everything you post is questionable.

Comment

[QUOTE=jhjimbo;n780795]
                    Originally posted by rock rat View Post

Well maybe calling people dimwits isn't such a great idea, and I did list some things the Biden folks have done well. Maybe you missed that part? I can find good and bad with all administrations, why is it you guys see only good with one, and bad with the other?

I really like the increase in wages for low wage jobs, just the other day Amazon said it was intent on hiring 200K workers this year at an average pay of $18 per hour.

I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too.

Biden leads on covid instead of saying it's up to the states or it will be gone by Easter.

extended nuke treaty with russians

rejoined paris climate accords

put funding back for cyber security

ordered all federal contractors to pay $15 min
                    the devaluation of purchasing

Guess who is going to pay for those wage hikes ? You, your kids, your grandkids, and so on. will pay for them for the rest of your and their life in the devaluation of the dollar purchasing power. You just shot yourself in the foot.
                    Our debt is measured in Trillions. Do you know how big a Trillion is ?
                    IF you had $1 million dollars to spend EVERY DAY, how long would it take you to spend a Trillion Dollars ? If I remember it is 2,439 years. just divide 1 trillion by 365,000,000.
                    Jim I make payroll every 2 weeks, wages don't add to the debt, they come out of my profit LOL.

Besides, debt doesn't matter. As a Republican you should love debt. Republicans are way into tax breaks for rich people, so we borrow money from China because we want Jeff Bezos (a liberal) to pay no taxes even though he's the richest guy in the US.

Comment

[QUOTE=rock rat;n780834]

Jim I make payroll every 2 weeks, wages don't add to the debt, they come out of my profit LOL.

Besides, debt doesn't matter. As a Republican you should love debt. Republicans are way into tax breaks for rich people, so we borrow money from China because we want Jeff Bezos (a liberal) to pay no taxes even though he's the richest guy in the US.
                      What are you talking about ?? Wages , taxes , material , lic and ins. Any overhead is cost/debt, profit is what’s left over after all debt Is paid ! You are a true liberal !

Comment

"... wages don't add to the debt, they come out of my profit ..."

QUOTE=Pmacc60;n780841]
                        Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                        What are you talking about ?? Wages , taxes , material , lic and ins. Any overhead is cost/debt, profit is what’s left over after all debt Is paid ! You are a true liberal !
                        I'm with you pmacc60!
                        That ain't what I learned in Bookkeeping 101!
                        Oh yeah!
                        I never took bookkeeping and I know better than that!

That is, unless he's got a scam going to "cook the books".

Comment

[QUOTE=rock rat;n780834]

You need to take Economics 101. Right now you are throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks. There is, believe it or not, some order and truisms in Economics - sounds like you are going to learn them the hard way. Your choice.

Comment

As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the economy new home big tickets items. As an employee at my normal job the wages are only going up for low SKILL jobs. Guys like me aren’t seeing massive jumps. And we have skills it erodes the gap that I’ve worked to build. And for what lazy mother truckers who lack drive to change their station in life have finally whined and bitched enough. Everyone one wants something for nothing now days. I can’t find people to work at our business. It’s to the point we have thought of selling out or closing a very profitable business because of the headaches. And we have 6 employees. We are in a mess. The sheeple don’t get capitalism everyone has to work. Sorry I’m on my soap box.

Comment

Why, oh why, do some people insist on quoting posts fom the HAPOPS and the communist rat?
                              These posts are nonsensical at best, and pure drivel most of the time. These two igmos add nothing to any rational discussion of any subject, and from what I have deduced, would be happier if this nation failed and became a communist state. Why, then, add their idiotic ramblings to any disscussion, or topic? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
                                As a business owner and an employee rising wages are good and bad. As a business owner I lose profit that I can spend on things that actually drive the economy new home big tickets items. As an employee at my normal job the wages are only going up for low SKILL jobs. Guys like me aren’t seeing massive jumps. And we have skills it erodes the gap that I’ve worked to build. And for what lazy mother truckers who lack drive to change their station in life have finally whined and bitched enough. Everyone one wants something for nothing now days. I can’t find people to work at our business. It’s to the point we have thought of selling out or closing a very profitable business because of the headaches. And we have 6 employees. We are in a mess. The sheeple don’t get capitalism everyone has to work. Sorry I’m on my soap box.
                                Milldawg , that’s my favorite post of your ever. It’s spot on and I go through those emotions everyday.I’m not going to try to add to your post because you said it so well. Your post isn’t political , it’s reality and from the heart!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad