Real Quiet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post
    WOW, rr ! I threw out the challenge for someone to to come up with ‘anything’ to give credit for what this administration has done that benefits American citizens, and your only feeble attempt was to criticize me for a mistake that I made in word usage. If you think my mistake negates or even equates to the mistakes these loons have made, then you have smoked too much weed. In that response, I throw back to you your own words to me, you are the problem........! Smoke it friend !!!
    Well maybe calling people dimwits isn't such a great idea, and I did list some things the Biden folks have done well. Maybe you missed that part? I can find good and bad with all administrations, why is it you guys see only good with one, and bad with the other?

I really like the increase in wages for low wage jobs, just the other day Amazon said it was intent on hiring 200K workers this year at an average pay of $18 per hour.

I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too.

Biden leads on covid instead of saying it's up to the states or it will be gone by Easter.

extended nuke treaty with russians

rejoined paris climate accords

put funding back for cyber security

ordered all federal contractors to pay $15 min

Do you want more? What do you like? Unable to find one good thing? Then you are living in an ideological silo.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
      Not a fan of Walmart myself Franchi, but certain items they carry are cheaper most of the time. We shop smart, when the local store runs specials we stock up but it doesn’t always work out. My wife is extremely frugal, not overly spontaneous and a type A list maker. The gal knows how to stretch a dollar.

Forgot to mention the shortage of items as well. Lots of empty shelf space in the paper goods isle. That’s just something easily noticed.
      My Sister, taught by our Mother, is a excellent coupon shopper. So good,, She has had situations where the store paid her to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

Well maybe calling people dimwits isn't such a great idea, and I did list some things the Biden folks have done well. Maybe you missed that part? I can find good and bad with all administrations, why is it you guys see only good with one, and bad with the other?

I really like the increase in wages for low wage jobs, just the other day Amazon said it was intent on hiring 200K workers this year at an average pay of $18 per hour.

I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too.

Biden leads on covid instead of saying it's up to the states or it will be gone by Easter.

extended nuke treaty with russians

rejoined paris climate accords

put funding back for cyber security

ordered all federal contractors to pay $15 min

Do you want more? What do you like? Unable to find one good thing? Then you are living in an ideological silo.
        Not everyone believes those are 'positive' acievements.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

You are very much correct Jimbo. Most of those ‘so called achievements’ are the exact reasons conservatives are finding faults with this so called administration. Even with that said, the most dramatic mistake is the lack of security to this country at our Southern boarder, and that concerns all Americans and not just the few that biden is throwing money at in order to buy their votes ! Justice reform as it is being used is the main problem in the spike in crime in the D’s controlled cities. HR1 will be a total mistake in the voting issue in this country if the loons should push that through. CRT is a huge factor in the division of America and will never function as a unifying measure ! I was of the assumption that we ended slavery in this country eons ago, but that issue continues to be thrown into the the face of current citizens as if there were those in chains and picking cotton today. The biggest problem the black community continues to have is lack of education which contributes to their unemployment and which in turn is then blamed on the white community as racism. Why should it be thought that any employer is obligated to hire unqualified people ? PC needs to be eliminated and the truth to be allowed to be spoken. We have babied too many people in this country for too long !!!

Comment

Best post of the year.

Comment

We have thrown Trillions of dollars at Education in this Country and I believe there are segments of the population than can not learn. This holds back people in every endeavor of life. The Country is not responsible for this, every effort has been made to bring everyone along and in some circumstances it has not worked. Just the way it is.

Comment

Maybe I should list some by Biden and mix in some by Trump to see if you can even tell the difference. Would you?

Comment

"... I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too. ..."

So how sweet is that Gov't teat?
                  Wish I was on one. Paid into SocSec for 20 years. I can't draw one red cent of SocSec.
                  My mother paid into SocSec for 40 years. Unable to draw one red cent of SocSec when pop died!

Comment

News flash:
                    Biden administration speeds up deportation flights for Haitians in growing Texas migrant camp.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/18/10385...-del-rio-texas

The plan, outlined by the Department of Homeland Security, is meant to relieve the overflow at the South Texas border town of Del Rio and deter more Haitians from trying to come to the United States illegally
                    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-20-2021, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                      News flash:
                      Biden administration speeds up deportation flights for Haitians in growing Texas migrant camp.

https://www.npr.org/2021/09/18/10385...-del-rio-texas

The plan, outlined by the Department of Homeland Security, is meant to relieve the overflow at the South Texas border town of Del Rio and deter more Haitians from trying to come to the United States illegally
                      Who caused the problem ? Also one of your Biden good points was the stock market , check it today and see why it’s falling . Concerns amid Biden policies . You can put lipstick on this pig of a administration but it’s still a pig!

Comment

I saw some bad in Trump, but I still supported him.
                        I can't see anything to support in Biden.

"... I really like the increase in wages for low wage jobs, just the other day Amazon said it was intent on hiring 200K workers this year at an average pay of $18 per hour. ..."

The increase in "minimum wage" kills jobs for school kids wanting to earn spending money, taxes small businesses trying to get off the ground and increases the price of goods and services.

"... I like that child tax credit that hits my bank monthly too. ..."
                        Just more liberal "vote buying".
                        Everybody likes free money, nobody wants to pay!

"... Biden leads on covid instead of saying it's up to the states or it will be gone by Easter. ..."
                        Biden issues useless, unconstitutional mandates and threatens people's livelihood by demanding vaccinations. This is just more liberal "gaslighting" bulls#¡t.

"... extended nuke treaty with russians ..."
                        Hunter is in bed with China, Biden is in bed with Putin. Let's not forget Biden gave Vlad his pipeline to Germany. Biden giving Putin a b.j..

"... rejoined paris* climate accords ..."
                        Grasping at straws.
                        Gaslighting. America pays billions. Gets nothing in return. Every other country cheats, blames US. We pay more money for nothing.
                        *Paris is a proper noun and should be capitalized. 😉 If you're going to criticize others writing, maybe you should check your own.

"... put funding back for cyber security ..."
                        Don't we already pay the CIA, FBI and Justice Dept enough?

"... ordered all federal contractors to pay $15 min ..."
                        Which do you want? You 'child care credits' or higher taxes? ...or borrow more money from China? The money's gotta come from somewhere!

Noteworthy, EVERYTHING you've mentioned increases spending and the American deficit.

Gaslighting, rhetoric and divisiveness!

Comment

Someone once asked an investment counselor to make a prediction about the stock market, and his prediction was that "it will fluctuate."

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                            Help wanted signs everywhere but nobody wants to work. Haven’t heard much push for a minimum wage hike lately, won’t/don’t need to.

My wife stopped in a Walmart last night to pick up a few things that are generally cheaper than at the big chain supermarket in our town. Case of paper towels, 4 jars of Walmart peanut butter (my favorite actually), a few cleaning products and some other basic groceries. No big ticket items, everything but the paper towels fit into one reusable shopping bag.

$100
                            Interesting that people aren't returning to work even as the extra unemployment benefits are ending. There've been several news reports about that lately. I'm thinking it's a little early to say -- people who were getting an extra $600 then $300 a week for months could've put a nice chunk by and maybe have decided to live off it a while before going back to work. They're still getting their 70% every week, besides. It's still kind of weird, though.

Comment

News flash:

News flash:
                              Had Biden left Trump's "Remain in Mexico" policy in place, we wouldn't have 14,000 illegals under a bridge in Del Rio, TX.

Comment

He's also on top of the need for "cooling efforts" for farm workers, construction workers, and students in schools without air conditioning. Seems they often get a little sweaty in the warmer months.
                                Last edited by MattM37; 09-20-2021, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Bcg 280ai
                                  by DakotaMan
                                  Congratulations Ernie! Nice buck. You've got me thinking about a pistol project. You have some fine pistols indeed. Antelope is my favorite meat. Way...
                                  Today, 05:01 PM
                                • Bcg 280ai
                                  by Ernie
                                  BCG 280 Ackley Improved XP-100. This custom XP-100 shoots so good, and everyone who has shot it loves it.
                                  I finally was able to draw first blood...
                                  Today, 02:03 PM
                                • Reply to TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                  by PigHunter
                                  RAMMSTEIN - Fire!

(Translation To: Feuer Frei!)

Whoever knows pain becomes criticized
                                  From the fire that burned up the...
                                  Today, 04:17 PM
                                • TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                  by fitch270
                                  Easy one this week that should cover all kinds of styles.

Lighting it up with one from The Cult

”Fire Woman”...
                                  Yesterday, 07:47 AM
                                • Reply to TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                  by PigHunter
                                  How was the hunting?...
                                  Today, 04:10 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...