Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real Quiet

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Smaller than expected "Justice for J6" rally met with large police presence.

    https://news.yahoo.com/justice-j6-ra...ycsrp_catchall
    Last edited by 99explorer; 09-18-2021, 03:20 PM.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
      Biden has screwed up so much, he is indefensible.
      It is for sure that Jimbo has the correct response. There is nothing that could be said even by a dimwit that could defend this turkey or his entire administration. The agenda that goes with this bunch is also in-defendable. I have asked more than once for a dimwit to tell us of just one thing that is commendable about this POS administration........have had no one dumb enough yet to open their mouth. Silence is an open book of nothing to defend !!

      Comment


      • #33
        Medicare will soon be negotiating reduced prices for pharmaceutical products for seniors.
        And the U.S. will soon be supplying nuclear powered submarines to Australia to replace the Diesel powered submarines previously supplied by France .
        France recalled their ambassador to the U.S. in a snit over losing a $65 billion contract with Australia.

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
          Biden is working on major reductions in the price of prescription drugs, starting with allowing Medicare to negotiate new prices with the pharmaceutical companies.
          I hope that is not too socialistic for you.

          https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...n-drug-prices/
          This could be detrimental to the public at large. How it works, if the manufacture of a drug is so costly they can not make a profit, they will decline to mfg. it. There are numerous drugs they will not produce because of Economics and the size of the potential population the drug might benefit. If the Govt pushes them too hard they might just cut some mfg.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

            This could be detrimental to the public at large. How it works, if the manufacture of a drug is so costly they can not make a profit, they will decline to mfg. it. There are numerous drugs they will not produce because of Economics and the size of the potential population the drug might benefit. If the Govt pushes them too hard they might just cut some mfg.
            That is a very strong point Jimbo. The expense of researching, testing and mfg. drugs is terribly high, and compensation is needed in order to warrant doing so. But, it can also be stated, that the more a drug is depended on to save a loved one’s life, it appears to sharply raise the price and some think it to be a rip off. There seems to be a fine edge in regards to need and cost. In order to keep prices down and yet have the expense of production, there would need to be government subsidy involved and that too would not be without problems in one form or another. If we wish to refrain from socialism in our government, there seems to be no short cuts in drug prices and thus availability, which will continue to depend on return of expenses of research and mfg.

            Comment


            • #36

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

                That is a very strong point Jimbo. The expense of researching, testing and mfg. drugs is terribly high, and compensation is needed in order to warrant doing so. But, it can also be stated, that the more a drug is depended on to save a loved one’s life, it appears to sharply raise the price and some think it to be a rip off. There seems to be a fine edge in regards to need and cost. In order to keep prices down and yet have the expense of production, there would need to be government subsidy involved and that too would not be without problems in one form or another. If we wish to refrain from socialism in our government, there seems to be no short cuts in drug prices and thus availability, which will continue to depend on return of expenses of research and mfg.
                There are drugs for 'rare' disease that they will not make because of the small populaltion affected - small liike maybe 25 cases of disease in the World.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

                  This could be detrimental to the public at large. How it works, if the manufacture of a drug is so costly they can not make a profit, they will decline to mfg. it. There are numerous drugs they will not produce because of Economics and the size of the potential population the drug might benefit. If the Govt pushes them too hard they might just cut some mfg.
                  When the entire world is paying a tiny fraction of the price we pay for millions of doses something is messed up. $2K for an epi pen that used to cost $20 because some jagoff created a monopoly is not real helpful.

                  The fact is doctors get kick backs. Free trips to conferences on a tropical beach. Your freindly neighborhood GP, been practicing ever since he took over from his dad, sells you the $200 a month scrip which is mostly paid by your insurance anyway when the $5 scrip would have done as well. People die here due to not being able to afford desperately needed meds.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

                    It is for sure that Jimbo has the correct response. There is nothing that could be said even by a dimwit that could defend this turkey or his entire administration. The agenda that goes with this bunch is also in-defendable. I have asked more than once for a dimwit to tell us of just one thing that is commendable about this POS administration........have had no one dumb enough yet to open their mouth. Silence is an open book of nothing to defend !!
                    Bowhunter I'd go easy on the dimwit accusations when you're using made up words like in-defendable when what you're looking for is indefensible. And if you can't find one thing good to say about an administration or president there's a real good chance you are living in an ideological bubble, just like those woke left wing extremists.

                    I might have some issues with these folks over immigration but they've been a lot better than the last one with covid, and like 99 said above, the cost of prescription drugs. We're out of Afghanistan. Economy has been adding lots of jobs and wages are up despite a pandemic. He also hasn't kissed butt to any petty dictators like Putin or Kim.

                    If you think every single thing this admin has done is bad, you're the problem, not them.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Rock -
                      Good post.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                        When the entire world is paying a tiny fraction of the price we pay for millions of doses something is messed up. $2K for an epi pen that used to cost $20 because some jagoff created a monopoly is not real helpful.

                        The fact is doctors get kick backs. Free trips to conferences on a tropical beach. Your freindly neighborhood GP, been practicing ever since he took over from his dad, sells you the $200 a month scrip which is mostly paid by your insurance anyway when the $5 scrip would have done as well. People die here due to not being able to afford desperately needed meds.
                        Didn't the Govt make or coerce the guy selling epi pens for $2k to lower his price back down. I think he was a new owner of the Company when he raised the price. The pen probably had $5 worth of epinepherin in it.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                          Bowhunter I'd go easy on the dimwit accusations when you're using made up words like in-defendable when what you're looking for is indefensible. And if you can't find one thing good to say about an administration or president there's a real good chance you are living in an ideological bubble, just like those woke left wing extremists.

                          I might have some issues with these folks over immigration but they've been a lot better than the last one with covid, and like 99 said above, the cost of prescription drugs. We're out of Afghanistan. Economy has been adding lots of jobs and wages are up despite a pandemic. He also hasn't kissed butt to any petty dictators like Putin or Kim.

                          If you think every single thing this admin has done is bad, you're the problem, not them.
                          You really make me laugh with your rationalizations ! Covid This administration has done nothing more than the previous administration maybe less . A one year head start over the Trump administration and nearly 300,000 Covid deaths through Biden’s term ! Joe had a vaccine in place , remember Donald Trump fast tracked the vaccine ? The southern boarder has had over a million undocumented people who have entered the country , many having Covid , trafficked and sexually abused ! Kim is firing rockets , Putin is making money hand over fist by becoming the second leading oil producer to the US ! Oh but Biden did ban Russian ammunition as a sanction ! Lol Joe hasn’t added jobs he is the beneficiary of dead beats having to go back work but remember he lost jobs for Americans stopping the pipeline. This move increased our dependency on foreign oil and increasing our carbon footprint. Let’s not even talk about Afghanistan which is a total disgrace that we now know Joe was advised not to do it that way. Leaving Americans behind and getting interpreters executed and women being thrown back in subservience ! Letting China to set up in Afghanistan as well.

                          You can spin the little this administration has done well or positive but the damage will be felt for decades to come. I’m sorry but Joe Biden could not walk into a Starbucks and order a cup of coffee on his own without screwing it up! If Joe and the Dems had the press pressure Donald Trump had he would already be gone !

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

                            You really make me laugh with your rationalizations ! Covid This administration has done nothing more than the previous administration maybe less . A one year head start over the Trump administration and nearly 300,000 Covid deaths through Biden’s term ! Joe had a vaccine in place , remember Donald Trump fast tracked the vaccine ? The southern boarder has had over a million undocumented people who have entered the country , many having Covid , trafficked and sexually abused ! Kim is firing rockets , Putin is making money hand over fist by becoming the second leading oil producer to the US ! Oh but Biden did ban Russian ammunition as a sanction ! Lol Joe hasn’t added jobs he is the beneficiary of dead beats having to go back work but remember he lost jobs for Americans stopping the pipeline. This move increased our dependency on foreign oil and increasing our carbon footprint. Let’s not even talk about Afghanistan which is a total disgrace that we now know Joe was advised not to do it that way. Leaving Americans behind and getting interpreters executed and women being thrown back in subservience ! Letting China to set up in Afghanistan as well.

                            You can spin the little this administration has done well or positive but the damage will be felt for decades to come. I’m sorry but Joe Biden could not walk into a Starbucks and order a cup of coffee on his own without screwing it up! If Joe and the Dems had the press pressure Donald Trump had he would already be gone !
                            So Pmacc, what has Biden and this admin done that's good? I can find good stuff about every single admin going back forever. Why can't you? It's called living in a bubble.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                              So Pmacc, what has Biden and this admin done that's good? I can find good stuff about every single admin going back forever. Why can't you? It's called living in a bubble.
                              No your not going to control the narrative with your picking and choosing how you want to perceive events ! Using your logic Hitler did some good things for Germany …. So what ! The fact is every administration does well in some area but it’s the overall picture that dictates whether an administration does a good job or not. You like to spin the events like Well we are out of Afghanistan and Trump was the one who started the process ! Yeah we are out and it could not have been more poorly executed . The boarder causing this country untold problems , inflation rearing its ugly head and foreign dependence on oil back !! Wow Rock Rat to answer your question I know of nothing that I can say Joe Biden has done that’s a real positive . Look if he helps reduce the price of prescription drugs , that would be good . We will see but this is the worst administration I can remember and I fear the damage being done . The past year has been a disgrace to this nation.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                here is something I turned up in a quick google search.

                                https://thehill.com/opinion/white-ho...n-a-short-time

                                Comment

                                Welcome!

                                Collapse

                                Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                                If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                                And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                                Right Rail 1

                                Collapse

                                Top Active Users

                                Collapse

                                There are no top active users.

                                Right Rail 2

                                Collapse

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                • Reply to The 25th Amendment
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  It is rather shocking, although it should not be, since it involves rr ! He appears to have no concerns, worries or ill thoughts of the possibility that...
                                  Today, 03:01 PM
                                • The 25th Amendment
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Kamala refers to "Creepy" Joe as the Titanic!
                                  Dr. Jill keeps asking if they can use the 25th Amendment to remove a sitting VEEP! LOL!...
                                  Yesterday, 07:02 PM
                                • Reply to The Greatest
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Benoit family was from Vermont although I am sure they hunted Maine as well....
                                  Today, 02:02 PM
                                • The Greatest
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Subject: Great Hunters

                                  Great story about great hunters. Check out the stock on Larry Benoits' Remington 760, 30-06.In the Adirondacks there...
                                  Yesterday, 10:03 AM
                                • Reply to The Greatest
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  o.k., i'll try that - I thinkk I hit select all.

                                  I highlighted the paragraph and hit the 'I' and nothing happened except the highlight was...
                                  Today, 02:00 PM

                                Right Rail 3

                                Collapse

                                Footer Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X