X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And from Wayne's World...

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
      Speaking of cheesy, how could I have forgotten this one?

OMG!
      I know a guy who could recite dang near the entire script. He’d do the wedding vow scene and have us in stitches.

Gotta do it.

Last edited by fitch270; 09-21-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        And from Wayne's World...

Excellent!

Comment

I just watched Wayne's World for the first time in my life a couple months ago. It was excellent.
          Regarding the cheese factor:
          John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Actually, a pretty good song. There's just something about the Brat Pack that makes me cringe. Except for Judd Nelson -- I think he was a darn good actor.

Comment

I’d meant to mention the Brat Pack earlier. Yeah I’m a fan in general but it definitely depends on the overall cast. Some just seemed to click together better.

Another classic “The Breakfast Club”

Simple Minds; “ Don’t You Forget About Me”

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
              I just watched Wayne's World for the first time in my life a couple months ago. It was excellent.
              Regarding the cheese factor:
              John Parr - St. Elmo's Fire (Man In Motion) (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Actually, a pretty good song. There's just something about the Brat Pack that makes me cringe. Except for Judd Nelson -- I think he was a darn good actor.

As a Billy Idol fan I could never figure out how they used his likeness in the huge mural in “Jules” apartment but didn’t include him on the soundtrack. I can’t get a pic to load but can add this clip to show it.

Comment

Another Idol tangent.

Some people think that the Simple Minds song actually is Billy Idol singing it. Turns out the producer, Keith Forsey, worked extensively with Idol around that period. I guess for some reason Idol turned down the song for the movie so Simple Minds got the gig. Forsey made it sound like Idol.

Years later Idol covered the song for his “Vital Idol“ greatest hits CD. That had more edge to it than the movie one.

Edit; turns out I posted a video from a tribute band. Scratch that.

Here’s the Billy Idol version

p
                Last edited by fitch270; 09-21-2021, 09:38 PM.

Comment

One more. The ending to “The Breafast Club” had a very Idol like image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9A8CEA9B-0D8F-476A-B980-0D8A3F77336A.jpeg
Views:	34
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	780950

Comment

Thanks, Fitch -- interesting info, and you also triggered some good memories of my friend in high school who introduced me to punk and alternative music. She was always telling me "back stories" * like that about singers and bands, and she was also a big fan of Billy Idol. In fact, I remember her commenting at one point that he was "the hottest guy alive," though she really was first and foremost about the music.

* - She was always saying, when a song or band would come on the radio, "Okay, so the backstory on this one is ...." She probably had subscriptions to all those music "fanzines" they were still publishing back then.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad