Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    One of the songs in Forrest Gump with scenes from other movies

Since you mentioned this we have to have an appearance from Elvis.

From the movie of the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I haven’t seen the movie, but the summer I was 13 years old I spent two weeks in Antwerp playing Little League Baseball. We did a lot of sightseeing including a trip to the memorial at the battlefield. I was young, one of the most vivid memories of the trip was a fighter jet screaming by not very high over our heads while we were on the upper level of the monument.

Click image for larger version Name:	E89C3C06-8110-426F-86BE-C75E6D7F07D2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	8.3 KB ID:	780813
      No doubt that was a memorable trip!

Battle of the Bulge was released in 1966. You can rent it on Amazon Prime Video

Here's the trailer.

Comment

Singing karaoke tonight at a local restaurant. So far I've done "A Little Less Talk" by Toby Keith, "One Headlight" by the Wallflowers, "867-5309" by Tommy Tutone, "Stuck In The Middle With You" by Steelers Wheel. And I sang backup for PigHuntress singing "Midnight Train To Georgia". Will finish with "Volcano" by Jimmy Buffett

Comment

Hmmm, a couple of those could be in the running for an idea I’ve been waiting on. Might have to run with it this week and see how it goes over. Trying to not be repetitive on themes is getting to be a challenge.

Comment

Hmmm, a couple of those could be in the running for an idea I’ve been waiting on. Might have to run with it this week and see how it goes over. Trying to not be repetitive on themes is getting to be a challenge.
            Duets (Tammy and George, etc), instrumentals.
            You guys get pretty heavy into the rock stuff, maybe something a bit softer?
            I dunno, fitch270, I try and think of some stuff to throw out to keep it interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I dunno, fitch270, I try and think of some stuff to throw out to keep it interesting.
              This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that time period. The only two movies I’ve seen in a theater in over 20 years were “Castaway” with my wife before the kids came and The computer remake of “The Lion King” that we saw as a family because my daughter wanted to see it.

Comment

Yes sir, I kinda get caught in the "age bracket" thing myself. Pop took us all to the "Louisiana Hayride" in Shreveport, LA when I was a tyke. It was a 50's, Louisiana version of the "Grand 'Ol Opry".
                My oldest sibling is 9 years my senior. Can remember the "teen" music of the late 50's, early 60's. Tommy Sands was the big "heart throb".
                I can relate to Barbara Mandrell's "I Was Country, When Country Wasn't Cool".
                Paisley shirts and cowboy boots! 😃 That was me! LOL!
                The "country" of today is NOT the country I grew up listening to!
                I try not to just post C&W stuff, but I don't remember much of the rock stuff of my teen years.

BTW! Did anybody post anything from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?

Comment

“BTW! Did anybody post anything from "The Rocky Horror Picture Show"?”

LOL, no! How did we miss that?

Comment

LOL!
                    The least understood and most dangerous "blindspot" is the one directly in front of you.
                    Often, we miss what is right in front of us!

Comment

I tried to go with a variety from different decades. But as can be seen, I like Western and War movies. Intentionally stayed away from singer biography movies

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I posted several softer songs.

Comment

No doubt the three of us drive these for the most part, but I’ve got enough positive feedback to keep ‘em coming.

Besides, I enjoy it and life’s all about me.

😎

Comment

This week was especially heavy on rock songs. I also got stuck in the 80’s. I realized soon into it that by far most of my movie watching was from that time period. The only two movies I’ve seen in a theater in over 20 years were “Castaway” with my wife before the kids came and The computer remake of “The Lion King” that we saw as a family because my daughter wanted to see it.
                            I remember how the 80s always had that whole marketing package: The movie, the song(s), and the song's video (which usually was some sort of take on the movie -- the singer or band with the actors, or acting out a scene, or some cheesy thing. That kind of died out by the early 90s, thank goodness. Other than the disco hits of the 70s, I don't think there've been many films in other decades that were so heavy on soundtracks.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

I remember how the 80s always had that whole marketing package: The movie, the song(s), and the song's video (which usually was some sort of take on the movie -- the singer or band with the actors, or acting out a scene, or some cheesy thing. That kind of died out by the early 90s, thank goodness. Other than the disco hits of the 70s, I don't think there've been many films in other decades that were so heavy on soundtracks.

Cheesy? David Hasselhoff made a fortune off cheese.

Comment

Speaking of cheesy, how could I have forgotten this one?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad