No announcement yet.

Burgers, what’s on yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A burger without mustard is a capital offense!
    "Kill the cook!" 😡

Comment

Baconator style no veggies nothing super fancy. Agree with crispy fries. And Tabasco on eggs is sin. So is ketchup. The only thing that goes on eggs is gravy or cheese. Have y’all no couth.
      Last edited by Milldawg; 09-15-2021, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

I like jalapeno peppers, serrano peppers, cayenne peppers and I've been known to tie into an occasional habanero pepper, but horse radish is off the table!
        The wife and me used to attend a Jewish festival meal. Horse radish was one of the traditional condiments.
        First time, I thought my nose was going to turn wrong side out and my eyes watered.
        Next year, knowing what to expect, I took the tiniest amount I could take and actually have some on the spoon. Same result!
        You guys can have my share of horseradish! 🤯!
        One has to work slowly into the fine added taste that horseradish supplies, but when accomplished, one can look in the mirror and say with a smile “now I have left boyhood and become a man” ! Come on 1st Bub, look into the mirror.........

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          From jhjimbo: Mustard on a burger is a cardinal sin. Repent!

Au contraire, mon amie! A burger without mustard is as tasteless as sawdust. A burger without mustard is like eggs without Tabasco®! Mayo is bland, ketchup is for fries and onion rings, but mustard makes a burger sing. It adds life to even the most unpalatable offerings of the fast food chains. Mustard is actually one of the basic food groups!
          You must be from Oklahoma /

Comment

Ketchup on a hotdog is a sin. Mayo (or ranch) on a burger is fine with lettuce and tomato, ketchup and mustard without. Tabasco and/or ketchup on eggs. Eggs can go on top of biscuits and gravy, with Tabasco if desired. Eggs can also go on a leftover burger for a breakfast sandwich. With ketchup.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

One has to work slowly into the fine added taste that horseradish supplies, but when accomplished, one can look in the mirror and say with a smile “now I have left boyhood and become a man” ! Come on 1st Bub, look into the mirror.........
              Bhr - refer to me as a "female lady part"! I ain't touching that stuff!
              Peppers at least impart some flavor along with the burn.
              With horseradish, I can't get beyond the burn to pick up any taste!
              As far as I'm concerned, I'd just as soon lick a hot branding iron as put horseradish in my mouth again! 😖 LOL!

Ketchup on eggs? NO!
              If the eggs somehow end up in the gravy? Meh, eat them anyway.
              Ketchup on hotdogs? Nope!
              Mustard, mayo, cheese and chili on a hotdog! THAT'S the way to go!

Want some of tasty breakfast dishes?
              Chorizo & eggs! Wow!
              Megas full of chopped up peppers and onions are even better.
              Huevos rancheros are the "Eggs Benedict" of the Great Southwest!
              Either of the last two with fresh pico de gallo, spicy salsa and a hot flour tortilla!

When I was a kid, the first snappy cold day in the fall, my mom and dad insisted on having "chili and eggs" for supper.
              Dad worked a full time job and was a horse shoer on the side.
              Mom worked outside the home and kept up the house too.
              The chili was Wolf Brand out of a can. Mom and us kids had scrambled eggs. Dad insisted on over easy.

Kinda wandered off the "hamburger" trail! LOL!

Comment

The wandering Bubba is due to a lack of horseradish in your diet. It is needed for fixation on the important activities in life, removing the sissy things like catsup or mustard on sub-food items. When you can ‘down’ it and feel proud, you will never need to look up to anyone again. I still have hope of you acquiring that position !

Comment

"... When you can ‘down’ it and feel proud ..."

No sir. I can "down" it, but my nose feels like I just snorted a lit Ohio Blue Tip and my mouth goes numb.
                  I like the heat of a pepper. But when a substance makes my nose feel like I just went a round with Chuck Norris, I'll "tap out" every time! LOL!

Comment

The wandering Bubba is due to a lack of horseradish in your diet. It is needed for fixation on the important activities in life, removing the sissy things like catsup or mustard on sub-food items. When you can ‘down’ it and feel proud, you will never need to look up to anyone again. I still have hope of you acquiring that position !
                    Look at it this way, bhr!
                    The less I eat, the larger the world supply stays. i.e. more for you!

I don't eat wasabi either! I award you my share!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Look at it this way, bhr!
                      The less I eat, the larger the world supply stays. i.e. more for you!

I don't eat wasabi either! I award you my share!
                      Damn, I was going to comment and this popped up when I logged in.

The Kid and my wife’s sister both are into hot peppers, she comes over for dinner quite often and it becomes almost a contest to see who can out do each other.

Neither will touch wasabi.

Comment

Hash with eggs.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                          Hash with eggs.
                          Breakfast now?

MY favorite breakfast is bacon, eggs (2 over medium), home fries with biscuits and bacon gravy.
                          Cup of hot black coffee to wash it all down.
                          One buttered biscuit and a good dollop of blackberry jelly to top things off!

OH, YEAH!!!😋😃

Comment

horseradish is the main engine driving social distancing.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

horseradish is the main engine driving social distancing.

I'm sorry sir, but from vast, unrequested experience, boiled egg and chili farts are THE number one cause of social distancing.

Comment

I had a good restaurant burger once that had sweet, roasted red peppers on it. That was really good.

Speaking of restaurants, I can't understand some of those places you see on food shows that pile umpteen oddball things on the burger. I can see a fried egg or a slice of whatever, but some of those places even put the french fries on the burger! What's the appeal? Doesn't seem like you could even eat it burger-style, by hand -- some of those burgers are 7-8 inches high.

I love horseradish, but only cold, on cold leftover rare roast beef. On a hot sandwich, it's just kind of weird.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad