Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Racially Insensitive”

Just what is America turning into ??

A group of students in a Washington state high school were planning to wear red, white and blue clothing to a high school football game in honor of those lost in 9-11. However, the school administration would not allow this show of honor and respect as it would be seen by some as being racially insensitive. Can any of what is going on in America be believed by those who have a brain ?? This is the height of stupidity down a long road of ruination !!!

People should push back against that kind of thinking or else it will get worse and worse.

Comment

Comment

And yet pro and college sports teams switching traditional uniforms, to different colors and designs that cater to gangs and gang culture, is allowed by the league and NCAA officials, and encouraged by major sports media and organizations.

Comment

I could not understand him.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            I could not understand him.
            It's the Queen's English and wasn't difficult for these Southern ears. However, some British accents are tough for me. PigHuntress' mother was British and sometimes I get her to translate the UK tv shows.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

It's the Queen's English and wasn't difficult for these Southern ears. However, some British accents are tough for me. PigHuntress' mother was British and sometimes I get her to translate the UK tv shows.
              Funny you mention that. I've been watching documentaries about rock bands, and every time it's an episode about a British band, I have to put on the closed captioning for half the interviews.

Comment

Bowhunter things seem to be slowly tipping over, I think we might be soon past the worst. It was the initial Social Justice Warrioring that made me find common cause with folks I might not normally be inclined to. Many on the left are the same. The woke left is actually very illiberal. When conservatives are more liberal than the left you know we are in a bad place.😊

I noticed my very liberal school board erased all PC type language from their web site and they canceled the contracted teacher training for hundreds of teachers on "equity, diversity, anti racism". Admin types get worried and they don't know what to do. Stand up to PC culture and they could lose their job. So they just go along, but eventually they reach a tipping point.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

I thought he was quite well spoken. Unless they start using that Cockney slang or Brit colloquialisms or some Welsh stuff, I do okay.
                  Worked with a few Brits over my time. Some pretty nice blokes! LOL!
                  ...and he's spot on!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad