Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
    Well this went off the rails.
    Yeah, well, at least we didn't drop a journal. I believe we just got a knuckle.
    fitch270 set it out on the House Track, made the long joint and we're ready to highball again. 😉!

Comment

Hey Pmacc, end of day 3 now, do they have a plan?

I'd think the pain killers are getting to be not fun by now. I know this is obvious but are you using voice recognition instead of typing? I spent some time in the hospital this spring getting cut and put back together, worst part for me is the drugs. I liked dilaudids better than other things, less euphoria but they all suck. Nurses are only too happy to add it to the drip but they get old.

That's about it, just stopped by cause you're laid up and maybe bored to tears. Nothing new out here, politics, covid, blah blah blah. Get well.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
        Well this went off the rails.
        On me, but Pmacc and I get in touch now and then so I’m hoping he’ll give me a pass.

Comment

Let's see now. It all started when I commented that the scariest piece of mechanical equipment was the wood chipper.
          fitch told me to shut up (comment #22).
          I offered pictures and links to horror stories.
          Then they all piled on.
          Check it out.

Comment

So you saw Fargo. Many other people on the site had actual experience operating heavy equipment. People with experience laughed at your opinion. You replied with more insane not related observations and jumped into sexual references. Get a life snowhole, your fear overshadows your quotations.

Comment

lab --
              Are you saying that people who have experience operating heavy equipment have a more accurate perception of its hazards than the horrified onlooker?
              I'm guessing that may be true of the guys missing fingers from chain saw accidents.

Comment

Note to our 200-odd visitors each day, please do a google search of : "Killed by wood chipper."
                There are pages and pages of horror stories to debunk these fearless on-hand operators who claim no fear of any machine (or person, or government).

Comment

You are some piece of work 99.

I never said for you to shut up. We were sharing stories with Pmacc about actual experiences, your post about seeing a chipper simply reminded me of your quote of the fool who has to say something because they have nothing to say.

Once again you can’t contain the hypocrite inside.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post
                    Hey Pmacc, end of day 3 now, do they have a plan?

I'd think the pain killers are getting to be not fun by now. I know this is obvious but are you using voice recognition instead of typing? I spent some time in the hospital this spring getting cut and put back together, worst part for me is the drugs. I liked dilaudids better than other things, less euphoria but they all suck. Nurses are only too happy to add it to the drip but they get old.

That's about it, just stopped by cause you're laid up and maybe bored to tears. Nothing new out here, politics, covid, blah blah blah. Get well.
                    I got sent home last night after a long talk with the surgeon . He feels the breaks are not improved with surgery at this time . I’m being reevaluated in 3 weeks . Getting home is great but I have maneuverability issues. One side is broke the other side isn’t ….. no balance ! Lol

when I was in the emergency room they want to give me something for pain, I said ibuprofen and they laughed at me ! For two days they gave me morphine intravenously and I ask them to go back to ibuprofen . It works enough and I didn’t want the oxy they wanted to send me home with , I do have a prescription for the oxy but it will go unfilled ! Sitting in the emergency room and watching not one but two people put on Academy-award winning performances seeking pain medication was eye opening ! One woman was complaining so much that she wanted to go ahead of a woman who was having a heart attack….. shameless . When they got her in the back she was so loud everyone could hear her. After all her lies and crying they told her they could not give her medication for than Tylenol for the leg pain she said was so intense , she got up and walked out with a queer little smile . I will deal with the pain because it is bearable and I don’t need oxy. Even when I said I don’t want it they pushed it . I’m using 1 Tylenol and two Motrin every four hours and I’m getting by. My sons old trainer for MMA gave him this recipe and it works .

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      You are some piece of work 99.

I never said for you to shut up. We were sharing stories with Pmacc about actual experiences, your post about seeing a chipper simply reminded me of your quote of the fool who has to say something because they have nothing to say.

Once again you can’t contain the hypocrite inside.
                      Fitch I wouldn’t want you any other way ! I reading and loving it all!

Comment

Pmacc60,
                        About 6 months after the accident, I had an orthopedic surgeon ask me once, "Do you take anything for pain?"
                        "No sir.", I replied.
                        "Not even a Tylenol?", he asked.
                        I grinned and told him. "Doc, if I took a Tylenol every time my hip or foot hurt, I'd be eating those things like they were M&M's! NO! I'm not getting addicted to that stuff!"
                        I think I gained his respect that day.

On April 5th, I had this surgery!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	20210806_210204.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	2.05 MB
ID:	780182
                        (right ankle)
                        For the first time in my life, I used up one entire prescription of "Hydrocodone" and had that refilled once!
                        It was almost 2 months after the surgery before the pain subsided to a point where I could handle it.
                        Honestly, I NEVER thought I'd be that happy to take painkillers!
                        Told my surgeon I talked really ugly about him for about 2 months.
                        I've had 7 surgeries. Two on one hip. Never have I had a surgery hurt me so badly.

I admire your ability to deal with the pain without drugs, just don't allow pride to get in the way of your comfort.

Apparently, the breaks weren't displaced. I've never been that lucky! LOL!

Comment

I'm late to the party pmacc, but wanted to say I'm sorry to hear about your accident and I want to wish you a full and complete recovery. I'm praying that you have a good recovery with minimal pain. It seems that every once in a while such things happen. My guess is that you will make the best of the situation and do your part for recovery.

I've been in that situation a couple of times and as I laid in bed recovering, all I could think of was getting out in the outdoors again. In both cases, I ended up going out to places I could overlook good game trails from the car. For most of the time, I didn't even try to shoot but I just liked seeing the outdoors and seeing game. It really felt good to be out of the hospital, out of bed and in the wide open spaces again. Have a speedy recovery and best wishes.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad