No announcement yet.

States sue over vaccine mandate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get a vaccine and I still get the disease, what the hell good was the vaccine?

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
      If I get a vaccine and I still get the disease, what the hell good was the vaccine?
      It reduces the severity of the disease.

Comment

Well, if you end up ill and not dead there’s that.

Comment

Keeps you from checking out.

Comment

Let’s throw out this bit of useless speculation just for fun. Fun for me anyway.

Let’s say Trump remained in office after the election. It’s pretty much accepted that his policy fast tracked getting the vaccines out there and that he was betting on them pulling us this out of this mess. It wouldn’t be going out on a limb to say that in a second term he’d have been a strong proponent of folks getting the jab, something he’s saying now anyway.

Personally I’d have liked to have seen how that shook out. Trump took incredible heat for being some kind of evil Pied Piper but I can’t imagine those that don’t want the vax having their mind changed just because he pushed for it. I can imagine incredible pushback from his supporters if he’d tried to mandate it.

On the other hand I can also imagine many of his opponents being so set against him as to refuse getting vaxxed simply out of spite. They’d also have been against a mandate. You know they’re out there.

All this armchair quarterbacking is a waste of oxygen. One way or another we’ll come out of this stronger as a population. Yes, a huge number of individuals are going to suffer in the duration but as we all know nature is indifferent. Society has reached a point where we believe we're above the rules but that’s just arrogance.
            Last edited by fitch270; 09-18-2021, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

See my response to Bubba's post of the data from England. There's not a benefit to being vaccinated
              Who says the U.K. data is good ?

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo

Most people vaccinated/ unvaccinated end up not dead.
                Wrong.....

Comment

Originally posted by Danbo

Most people vaccinated/ unvaccinated end up not dead.
                  True, but not really an argument on its own merit. If you want to weigh the risks of vaxxed vs unvaxxed for specific individuals that’s different.

Comment

See my response to Bubba's post of the data from England. There's not a benefit to being vaccinated
                    No disrespect PH, but I put about as much faith in any data as I do politicians to keep campaign promises. My gut tells me the best way out of this is right down the middle. But I don’t expect anyone to care.

Comment

Just so y’all know, the Kid gets his second Pfizer jab tomorrow.

Was his choice.

He’s taking two college classes on campus this semester and would have had to jump through weekly hoops to do so unvaxxed. One more class next semester and he’ll have a year of college completed before he graduates HS. Since he knows he’ll have to be vaccinated next fall regardless he decided to get it out of the way and move on with life.

Comment

Going back to what the Rat said about Reagan's Amnesty, Rat left out any description of the deal. Reagan's deal was, Amnesty now for fixing the border so that it wouldn't be an issue in the future. As we all know, and history shows, the Democrats lied, thousands died, millions more flaunted our laws and traditions, and we have the problem today. The Democrat are offering the same solution they offered Reagan. Strangely enough the Republicans keep refusing the bait. If we had a media that was anything other than a mouthpiece for the Democrats this would be a factoid brought up in front of the Democrats on a daily basis. Oh well, keep on misinforming media.

Comment

Just how does one know that of any data?
                          So true!
                          ....but I don't need a Colorado contractor and a "ne'er-do-well" telling me that they are smarter that a doctor.
                          You could prove that Jesus Christ himself gave you the data those two would pooh-pooh it.
                          If I've posted one link on here to information and data, I've linked a thousand and I'm sure some were questionable.
                          But don't EVEN tell me that EVERY word I posted is hogwash and the two are 100% correct all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

Who says the U.K. data is good ?
                            Pig didn't even read the data carefully, if you follow his link and read the summary at the beginning it tells you have effective the vaccine was, his chart you had to read carefully, which Pig didn't do, obviously.

Comment

So true!
                              ....but I don't need a Colorado contractor and a "ne'er-do-well" telling me that they are smarter that a doctor.
                              You could prove that Jesus Christ himself gave you the data those two would pooh-pooh it.
                              If I've posted one link on here to information and data, I've linked a thousand and I'm sure some were questionable.
                              But don't EVEN tell me that EVERY word I posted is hogwash and the two are 100% correct all the time.
                              Bubba I simply don't believe anything from conspiracy web sites. I don't even follow the links. No time. Link to a good source, I'll follow it. Calling a link the CDC when really it's the Citizen Free Republic Press, is not the CDC. Even a good news source will actually have the link to the relevant page at the CDC. Try linking to your state's main newspaper. TX right? I'm sure TX has some decent papers.

Comment

WTH Dan????

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  The best explanation I have heard of Garland came from a speaker on Fox news who used the term ‘demented weasel’ !! That pretty much covers it all...
                                  Today, 11:11 PM
                                • AG Garland is a real low life!
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  We may question why presidents pardon the people they do.
                                  In the history of the United States, no person, pardoned by POTUS has had their pardon...
                                  Yesterday, 10:18 PM
                                • Reply to Bye, bye bills!
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  Well, I guess all that gibberish pretty much confirms biden is not the actual one in charge of America. There are far, far too many words in all that...
                                  Today, 11:04 PM
                                • Bye, bye bills!
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Some of the things Revelation warns us about the "end of times".
                                  One world government.
                                  One world leader.
                                  Obe world religion....
                                  Today, 10:18 PM
                                • Reply to FBI Raids Trumps Florida Home
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  The entirety of our present position in political discourse, infighting and hate can be placed almost totally on one person, and that one person is free...
                                  Today, 10:46 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X