States sue over vaccine mandate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt -
    So to teach them a lesson, don't get vaccinated, don't wear a mask, don't wash your hands and
    do hang out in crowded indoor places.

Comment

@ 99: I'm not suggesting any course of action. I posted simply to say why I can understand mistrust and dissension. And to acknowledge that while my own weighing of pros and cons led me to vaccination, the dissenters might possibly be right. The individual I mentioned isn't exactly a peewee in the organization he works for. He had Covid about three months after his vaccination and got pretty sick. I asked him, this week, what was his view of the vaccines. He said in a neutral tone of voice that his personal policy was to not discuss the efficacy of the vaccines anymore.

Just one guy, but like I said, not a waterboy by any definition. I still believe I made the best choice for myself, getting vaccinated, and I'll wear a mask when others might benefit (or just feel more at ease) from me doing so.

I have no idea why I'm bobbing your cork, other than the same reason people feed pigeons in a park. You used to be a regular guy on here. Don't know what happened that turned you into what you are now. If it was some sort of condition or accident, sorry for your misfortune. If it's just your true nature coming out, piss off.

Comment

So Rat, still think Biden’s doing great on Covid? How many deaths per day is it going to take for you to admit otherwise?

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          @ 99: I'm not suggesting any course of action. I posted simply to say why I can understand mistrust and dissension. And to acknowledge that while my own weighing of pros and cons led me to vaccination, the dissenters might possibly be right. The individual I mentioned isn't exactly a peewee in the organization he works for. He had Covid about three months after his vaccination and got pretty sick. I asked him, this week, what was his view of the vaccines. He said in a neutral tone of voice that his personal policy was to not discuss the efficacy of the vaccines anymore.

Just one guy, but like I said, not a waterboy by any definition. I still believe I made the best choice for myself, getting vaccinated, and I'll wear a mask when others might benefit (or just feel more at ease) from me doing so.

I have no idea why I'm bobbing your cork, other than the same reason people feed pigeons in a park. You used to be a regular guy on here. Don't know what happened that turned you into what you are now. If it was some sort of condition or accident, sorry for your misfortune. If it's just your true nature coming out, piss off.
          Well said.

Comment

I think it's obvious why so many of the regulars on this forum have turned against me on every topic. We had a presidential election, and I did not share their views on reelecting Trump.
            I changed my opinion of him, and although I remain a lifelong Registered Republican, I could not bring myself to vote for him.
            He owns a gun and he supports the Second Amendment, and that seems to be the only qualification needed to command the loyalty of the gang at Field & Stream.

Comment

You turned on us 99. Period.

Comment

You got that right.
                I have no respect for the mentality of anyone who continues to support Donald Trump!
                A majority of the Senate voted to convict Trump in his second impeachment trial, including seven Republican senators.
                But a super-rmajority (67 votes) was needed to convict.
                So the voters threw him out in a landslide election.
                Last edited by 99explorer; 09-15-2021, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	B2AC8AE4-14D5-4F2B-9E7F-779BEE17B38D.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	780286

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    So Rat, still think Biden’s doing great on Covid? How many deaths per day is it going to take for you to admit otherwise?
                    Yes, I think he is doing as well as can be expected. Trump helped by doing all he could to get the vaccines as fast as possible. Trump also was frustrated at the slow approval process and I think he was right in those regards.

The Delta is much much more communicable. I think Biden could do much more, along the lines of Australia, but domestically it would cause lots of political problems.

So far we've lost 1/500 people, and not just the elderly, a heck of a lot of the 40 to 65 age range too. Economically we've taken quite a hit.

I'm seeing signs of new infections leveling nationwide, I'd be happy to have rates like the early summer and for vaccines not to matter very much anyway.

Three of my closest friends remain unvaccinated.

Comment

You turned on us 99. Period.
                      I certainly don't think 99 is narrow minded. He gets his info from not very biased sources, and sticks to fact supported ideas. We live in a country with many different people. I see no harm in Bubba or Danbo or Pig being exposed to ideas different from the ones they hold. Might even do them some good.

Trump and Trumpism did take a dangerous turn on a number of issues. I voted for him against my inclinations and I'm not sorry I did though I doubt I'd vote for him again. Then again I'll have to wait and see who is running against him. Harris might be a stretch too far.

Comment

Name:	B2AC8AE4-14D5-4F2B-9E7F-779BEE17B38D.jpeg
Size:	4.41 MB
ID:	780286
                        I pushed brush into a lot bigger chipper than that. After a couple months I progressed to being a rope and saddle tree trimmer and operating the cherry picker. Poka Dot gloves are key. Gloves rip off if you catch them on something, ubiquitous on oil drilling rigs.

Comment

Trump is on my side of the Constitution quite a bit more than just the Second Amendment. The norms, including ripping up Trumps speech at the State of the Union, and in many other places are being abused by the Democrats much more than the Republicans. Check out Real Clear Politics comparison of the George Floyd riots and the Jan 6 situation. Rat and the snowhole are too wedded to the traditional news sources which have totally jumped the shark. Citizens are to be masked while the Aristocracy in DC erects walls and insulates itself from the citizenry. Laws aren't enforced against the chosen ones and dissent is not tolerated. Illegals aren't required to be vaccinated and voter IDs are racist. The Democrats are post Constitutional. I'm not buying their New World Order.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

I pushed brush into a lot bigger chipper than that. After a couple months I progressed to being a rope and saddle tree trimmer and operating the cherry picker. Poka Dot gloves are key. Gloves rip off if you catch them on something, ubiquitous on oil drilling rigs.
                            99 used to be ok until he went sour on us. I’ve no problem with different opinions, it’s attitudes I take issue with.

If you caught the thread you’d know I had a job using much, much bigger chippers as well. That’s something I picked up just to clean up around the property. It’s going to be a reminder to 99 that’s he’s nothing more than a frightened, do nothing hypocrite.

Edit; as to Biden, as good as can be expected is a cop out.
                            Last edited by fitch270; 09-16-2021, 08:09 AM.

Comment

"... Edit; as to Biden, as good as can be expected is a cop out. ..."

Name:	biden-hunter.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	780316 They forgot to add, grandpa displays symptoms dementia!

Comment

How about much better than the alternative for the issue that mattered. Good would have been a vaccine mandate from the beginning. 95% of the deaths wouldn't be happening if everyone was vaccinated. 1/500 isn't even that bad compared to what it could be with a bad virus, like 1/50, and no age difference. Shut down bars before schools. Cut all travel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad