States sue over vaccine mandate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it just keeps getting better...

Enforcing Biden's workplace vaccine-or-test mandate falls to a 'toothless' federal agency that Trump gutted, experts say (msn.com)

And while OSHA has begun to enact stronger guidance around COVID-19 protocols and pick up the pace of enforcement under the Biden administration, Conti said, the agency has its work cut out for it in enforcing the new mandate.

Because OSHA doesn't have the resources to inspect every workplace in its purview, inspections are most often triggered by acutely dangerous working conditions or workers filing complaints.

"It is going to have to disproportionately be on employers, and employees filing complaints," Conti said of enforcing the mandate some Republicans have said should be widely resisted. "OSHA, even if it was fully staffed, just doesn't have the number of inspectors necessary to do the kind of proactive enforcement that it should be doing in general, or even specific to this."

And even when OSHA does bring down the hammer on companies who flout federal regulations with financial penalties, the agency often finds itself spending months battling big companies to collect fines that range in the tens of thousands of dollars.

"What is often the case is OSHA will issue a fine, and the employer will fight it, fight it, fight it," Johnson, the labor economist, said. "I don't see any way that that process is going to be any different under this scenario."

Comment

Group representing Coke, Kellogg and Campbell Soup have concerns about Biden's vaccine order (msn.com)

What is considered documentation for proof of vaccination and how will booster shots factor into compliance?

Will the requirements only apply to vaccines that are fully approved by the FDA?

Does the government plan to centralize vaccination tracking?

What are the consequences of falsifying one's vaccination status or test results?

What is considered suitable documentation for a negative test result?

Should employees choose not to vaccinate, is the company or employee responsible for securing and paying for testing?

When will the requirements be formally issued?

Do the new federal requirements include exemptions for religious beliefs and disabilities?

Comment

PH -
        Your interest in the failure of the vaccination program prompts me to wonder if you are willing to trade American lives for political gain.

Comment

You'll like this pighunter!

This is from the CDC, "IF" you think you can trust what they tell you!

https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...unity-is-real/

Comment

[QUOTE=FirstBubba;n780207]

This is from the CDC, "IF" you think you can trust what they tell you!

and then he links to
            citizen free press

I have to wonder does he really think that is the CDC? I guess that's just be being a liberal. I mean everyone knows the CDC web site is something called citizen free whatever.

Bubba, I don't want to impose my liberal commie ideas on you but here. https://www.cdc.gov/

The CDC has a pretty simple web address, it's cdc.gov

Comment

How does natural immunity stack up to vaccinations? (msn.com)

The house of cards is going to topple. Natural immunity will be recognized to be as good or better than the Fauci ouchie.

Comment

Ivermectin (non agricultural grade) works!

https://www.theblaze.com/op-ed/horow...-uttar-pradesh

Comment

1,800 people died of covid yesterday, 1,800 people died the day before, and we have idiots claiming de worming pills will save you. One would think the fact that most people dying haven't been vaccinated would be a good thing, Darwin and all that, unfortunately most have already reproduced, and then there are the folks who really did nothing wrong other than being ignorant. I guess in order for half the people to have above average IQ, another half the people have to have below average IQ.

Comment

Rock - Good post.
                    The Covid-19 virus is raising our average IQ.

Comment

Kentucky bride-to-be who hesitated to get vaccinated dies of Covid.

https://news.yahoo.com/kentucky-brid...181301382.html

She wanted to start a family as soon as they got married. The couple, of Grand Rivers, Kentucky, hoped to eventually have three, maybe four, children.

So when the Covid-19 vaccines came out, and some of Wendell’s co-workers said the shots caused infertility — an unfounded claim that has gained ground despite top reproductive health groups refuting it — she “just kind of panicked."
                      Last edited by 99explorer; 09-15-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                        How does natural immunity stack up to vaccinations? (msn.com)

The house of cards is going to topple. Natural immunity will be recognized to be as good or better than the Fauci ouchie.

Natural immunity is probably 100 times more robust than the shot.
                        Pfizer is working on a Covid pill, they should just buyout Invermectin and rename it🙃

Comment

Natural immunity should be better than the vaccination because of the suffering the patients have to endure to get it.
                          Ask PigHunter.

Comment

Originally posted by 99explorer View Post
                            Rock - Good post.
                            The Covid-19 virus is raising our average IQ.
                            How can you still be alive?

Comment

I'm vaccinated but do not blame those who mistrust the CDC and other organizations. The CDC and news media made their own beds. They've waffled and reversed too many times -- and no, I don't mean the information that changed because understanding of the virus changed; I mean the things that were knowingly misconstrued, either for honorable reasons or not. Like saying flat-out that masks wouldn't work, when the real reason was to keep the supply intact for medical personnel. They started out with deliberate subterfuge -- when the populace could well have understood a straightforward plea to save the masks for the medics.

And what was the deal a couple months ago when all of a sudden, they said, "Vaccinated? No need for a mask!" By that time, they knew variants were here, and were potentially more dangerous, and up until then, the advice had been to get vaxed but still wear a mask and take precautions. A health official recently told me that they released that "Unmasking is ok!" message to encourage people to get vaccinated ... i.e. not necessarily because it really was all that safe to unmask. So (assuming this one individual is correct, which I think he probably is), here again we have meddling with people's perceptions to affect a certain outcome, rather than being straightforward. Even if the well-being of all is the goal, it's still wrong, and it justifiably results in mistrust.

Local ABC affiliate three days ago: "40 percent of people currently hospitalized were FULLY VACCINATED!" Subtext: "See, the Delta is so potent that even the vaxed are getting sick, so if you're not vaxed, you better get the shot or you'll REALLY be in trouble!"

Local ABC affiliate yesterday, after reporting a fully-vaxed 93-year-old's death: "Health officials do emphasize, however, that the MAJORITY of people hospitalized are UNvaccinated!" But wait -- you were just crowing before about all the vaccinated people being hospitalized. I can see how both stories can be the truth, but clearly they're happy to pick whichever angle serves their purpose that particular day. Again, it doesn't mean they're liars, but it sure doesn't help their credibility.

Sometimes the health organizations and the media are both like the sorcerer's apprentice or whatever that story was. First mistake was getting anything spinning in the first place. It could have been straightforward from day one. Then they got so used to spinning rather than being straightforward, it's like they can't even keep track of it themselves.
                              Last edited by MattM37; 09-15-2021, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Matt -
                                So to teach them a lesson, don't get vaccinated, don't wear a mask, don't wash your hands and
                                do hang out in crowded indoor places.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad