X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johnny Cash - "I Saw A Man"

https://youtu.be/oqyEzW_ax0o

Comment

Doyle Lawson - "Tennessee Dream" (string instrumental)

https://youtu.be/AlKLD2C6WCo

Comment

I can't find a theme oriented song by the Dillards. So, here's "Tiger Dreams" by sweet little Miley Cyrus

Last edited by PigHunter; 09-12-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

Well can't leave this one out... "Dream Lover" by Bobby Darin

Comment

"Dream About The Blues" by John Mayall

Comment

I waited all weekend to give Matt the chance at this one but he must be busy actually fishing or something.

The Cranberries “Dreams”.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                I can't find a theme oriented song by the Dillards. So, here's "Tiger Dreams" by sweet little Miley Cyrus

Something about her takes me back to Tequila nights with….

Never mind.

Comment

Next

Comment

Because a vision softly creeping
                    Left its seeds while I was sleeping
                    And the vision that was planted in my brain

**** Here it is again....

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                      I waited all weekend to give Matt the chance at this one but he must be busy actually fishing or something.

The Cranberries “Dreams”.

LOL! I was fishing, in fact -- actually driving home about the time you posted that, I see. Fished the small river for smallmouth up until dark; caught some decent-sized smallmouths, most of them on a reddish-colored Rebel Crawfish, a size bigger than what I usually use; a couple of the smaller ones on a basic gold-bladed Rooster Tail. Also got a few good-sized rock bass on the spinner. Great spot I've been fishing this summer, a nice long pool that's probably a good 10 or 15 feet deep even when the river's low (not that it has been this summer!), one side of it a rocky ledge, with fallen timber here and there, a good little stretch of rapids at the head of it before it smooths out.

Last edited by MattM37; 09-13-2021, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

First year I haven’t posted canning updates. Planted lots of Roma’s that did well, we like them for sauce because there’s not a lot of water to boil down. Did 10 quarts of spaghetti sauce, 5 quarts of diced tomatoes to use with Dewman’s venison recipe, and 5 quarts of plain juice.
                        Still a fair amount coming, going to load up the dehydrator next go round. Jalapeño peppers like gang busters as well plus more chilies than expected. Going to dehydrate a bunch of the chilies as well, jalapeños get pickled.
                        I found a bunch of rose hips Friday after work when I was out walking the state land. There's about a thirty-yard stretch of logging road with rose bushes alongside -- these splashes of red caught my eye, and holy cow, there are all these great big rose hips. Some of them look almost as big as quail eggs. I've heard they're good to eat, one of the so-called "super-foods," but don't know what to do with them. Any one ever gather them, or hear of people eating them, making tea or jelly with them?

I also read somewhere that old-time doctors used to recommend them to people with broken bones, believing that they helped the break knit together. Hey, Pmacc, want me to send you some?

Comment

When I was finding those Dio videos, it made me think of that era in the early 80s. There was a lot of that stuff in metal music, then -- all that sword and sorcery, elves, trolls, mist, snakes, etc. I guess it all tied in with the Conan the Barbarian, Dungeons and Dragons stuff at the time. Even TV -- I recall an absolute flop called "Wizards and Warriors." I think it starred Jeff Conway, "Kenicky" from Grease. As in, "A hickey from Kenicky is like a Hallmark card!"

Good grief! I'm starting to forget details from bygone fishing and hunting days, but lines from Grease still pop right into my head. I never even liked that movie. Except for Frenchy. She was a sweetie.

Comment

"... I've heard they're good to eat, one of the so-called "super-foods," but don't know what to do with them. Any one ever gather them, or hear of people eating them, making tea or jelly with them? ..."

Google, my friend. Google. The answers to all your questions! LOL!

Comment

Quick Google search and this is what I came up with!

How to harvest and how to use rose hips.

https://www.thespruce.com/what-are-r...hey-do-1403046

Comment

Off the top of my head Rose Hips are edible and high in vitamin C but you shouldn’t eat a bunch. Too concentrated I guess. Haven’t ever messed with them.

Good grouse forage though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad