Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fyi

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fyi

    7 COVID Complications That May Be Long Term | Wellness Pursuits

  • #2
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/h...ong-covid.html

    Long covid much less likely on vaccinated people.

    First off the vaccinated are much less likely to be infected period.

    Of those who are infected much fewer are symptomatic.

    Of those who are symptomatic much fewer have severe symptoms.

    Of those with severe symptoms much fewer have long covid.

    GEt the jab.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rock rat View Post
      https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/01/h...ong-covid.html

      Long covid much less likely on vaccinated people.

      First off the vaccinated are much less likely to be infected period.

      Of those who are infected much fewer are symptomatic.

      Of those who are symptomatic much fewer have severe symptoms.

      Of those with severe symptoms much fewer have long covid.

      GEt the jab.
      Is that what you are seeing as you treat them in the Hospital ? The Gray Lady is known to be less than accurate in reporting, sometimes makes you dizzy.

      You should go back and take out the adjective 'much', a bit too much.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

        Is that what you are seeing as you treat them in the Hospital ? The Gray Lady is known to be less than accurate in reporting, sometimes makes you dizzy.

        You should go back and take out the adjective 'much', a bit too much.
        The NYT is simply reporting on the study. Of course you can go and read the study itself. Here.
        ​​​​​​https://www.thelancet.com/journals/l...460-6/fulltext The NYT of course links it in the very first sentence. I'm curious, did you find anything in the Lancet paper that wasn't truthfully reported in the NYT? Was anything misrepresented?

        I also posted a direct link to the Israeli study which Pig loves to quote out of context and never read even though it's written in English. I am going to go ahead and assume that people who don't just go ahead and read the actual findings prefer the spin or the reports are written at a level of English more difficult than they are used to reading.

        The Israeli study says right in the conclusions that getting covid is much more dangerous than getting the vaccine. Pig never read it.

        Comment


        • #5
          The science still says young healthy individuals have a over 98% recovery rate. The immunity from recovery is stronger than that gained from being vaccinated. Logic informs us that young healthy people don't need to get vaccinated.

          Comment


          • #6
            I read a article today that research in U.K. is showing that the greater time between the two shot vaccines yields a more robust level of antibodies. Pfizer beat Maderna be a factor of 2 to 1. The extended interval between shots was tested at 8 weeks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Here's Fact Check tearing into the most common misrepresentations of what the Israeli paper actually says. https://www.factcheck.org/2021/09/sc...ural-immunity/

              The whole thing is a pre print anyway. The medical community likes to have at least a few good studies and peer reviewed papers about something before coalescing around any sort of concensus anyway. Of course if anyone had read it, they'd know this already.

              In all cases they recommend getting the vaccine.

              The sample size is tiny, eight people here, fourteen there.

              The paper listed it's shortcomings as any good scientists do. No control for those unknown number that were asymptomatic.

              Two other papers show the opposite, slightly better immunity from the vaccine.

              Multiple studies eventually showed ivermectin to be useless. That's why they test things before recommending using them. Eventually if something is useless, it shows up. There have been hundreds of studies done using various off label drugs on covid.


              Comment


              • #8
                Who fact checks the fact checkers ??

                Comment


                • #9
                  Why natural immunity better than COVID-19 vaccines, study reveals - National Daily Newspaper (nationaldailyng.com)

                  Researchers examined medical records of 673,676 Israelis 16 years and older — charting their infections, symptoms and hospitalizations between June 1 and Aug. 14, when the Delta variant predominated in Israel.

                  “This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the Delta variant,” the researchers said.

                  “It’s a textbook example of how natural immunity is really better than vaccination,” Charlotte Thålin, a physician and immunology researcher at Danderyd Hospital and the Karolinska Institute, told Science. “To my knowledge, it’s the first time [this] has really been shown in the context of COVID-19.”

                  In one analysis that assessed more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID was 27 times higher among the vaccinated and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher, Science reported.

                  A closer look at the data reveals public-health communication may be overstating the vaccine’s effect on transmission and understating the scale and risk of breakthrough infections, the Intelligencer reported.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Being outdoors is no longer considered being safe from Covid-19 infection.

                    https://news.yahoo.com/is-the-outdoo...221429944.html

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                      Why natural immunity better than COVID-19 vaccines, study reveals - National Daily Newspaper (nationaldailyng.com)

                      Researchers examined medical records of 673,676 Israelis 16 years and older — charting their infections, symptoms and hospitalizations between June 1 and Aug. 14, when the Delta variant predominated in Israel.

                      “This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the Delta variant,” the researchers said.

                      “It’s a textbook example of how natural immunity is really better than vaccination,” Charlotte Thålin, a physician and immunology researcher at Danderyd Hospital and the Karolinska Institute, told Science. “To my knowledge, it’s the first time [this] has really been shown in the context of COVID-19.”

                      In one analysis that assessed more than 32,000 people in the health system, the risk of developing symptomatic COVID was 27 times higher among the vaccinated and the risk of hospitalization eight times higher, Science reported.

                      A closer look at the data reveals public-health communication may be overstating the vaccine’s effect on transmission and understating the scale and risk of breakthrough infections, the Intelligencer reported.

                      i made a post that U.K. research shows longer interval between shot 1 and 2 yields a more robust level of antibodies. Pfizer by 2 to 1 over Maderna.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                        Who fact checks the fact checkers ??
                        Anyone who has read the actual study. Read it yet Jim?

                        I love Pig's link to the National Daily, from Logos, perhaps there is a brother at the national bank seeking assistance on transferring millions of dollars out of the country?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by rock rat View Post

                          Anyone who has read the actual study. Read it yet Jim?

                          I love Pig's link to the National Daily, from Logos, perhaps there is a brother at the national bank seeking assistance on transferring millions of dollars out of the country?
                          No........

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Coach Belichick has something to say.

                            https://citizenfreepress.com/breakin...nwashed-media/

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by PigHunter
                              Here's the actual study:

                              Comparing SARS-CoV-2 natural immunity to vaccine-induced immunity: reinfections versus breakthrough infections (medrxiv.org)

                              "Our analysis demonstrates that SARS-CoV-2-naïve vaccinees had a 13.06-fold increased risk for breakthrough infection with the Delta variant compared to those previously infected, when the first event (infection or vaccination) occurred during January and February of 2021. The increased risk was significant for a symptomatic disease as well."

                              "This analysis demonstrated that natural immunity affords longer lasting and stronger protection against infection, symptomatic disease and hospitalization due to the Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2, compared to the BNT162b2 two-dose vaccine-induced immunity. Notably, individuals who were previously infected with SARS-CoV-2 and given a single dose of the BNT162b2 vaccine gained additional protection against the Delta variant. The long-term protection provided by a third dose, recently administered in Israel, is still unknown.
                              Just watched a CNN story of 15yo who was on ventilator for a month. Her o2 level was down to 70%. Below 90 % is serious.
                              J&J looking at booster.

                              BTW, also just heard the next hurricain, Larry, a level 3 so far is on it's way next week.

                              Comment

                              Welcome!

                              Collapse

                              Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

                              If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

                              And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

                              Right Rail 1

                              Collapse

                              Top Active Users

                              Collapse

                              There are no top active users.

                              Right Rail 2

                              Collapse

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              • Reply to How come the Amish aren't all dead?
                                by Pmacc60
                                Why post something like fact check and make a statement like Amish have dug a lot of graves. ? Fact check only says Amish are effected by Covid 19’...
                                Today, 12:50 AM
                              • How come the Amish aren't all dead?
                                by labrador12
                                The Amish Community have largely ignored the Covid bullcrap, got the virus, and continued on their way. Herd immunity and disregard for the vaccine played...
                                10-11-2021, 08:52 AM
                              • Reply to TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                by jhjimbo
                                Duran Duran in the news - another alblum. I did not know they were still kicking....
                                Today, 12:25 AM
                              • TGIF: Fired Up Friday
                                by fitch270
                                Easy one this week that should cover all kinds of styles.


                                Lighting it up with one from The Cult

                                ”Fire Woman”...
                                10-22-2021, 07:47 AM
                              • Reply to May Use This One
                                by jhjimbo
                                When I first got it only Norma ammo was readly available. now several load for it as do I....
                                Today, 12:16 AM

                              Right Rail 3

                              Collapse

                              Footer Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X