CDS - COVID Derangement Syndrome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDS - COVID Derangement Syndrome

After "Vaccine Myths", I promised I would stop posting COVID related items .... then I found this!

https://mynorthwest.com/3094868/rant...covid-vaccine/

Univ of Washington says, "No vaccination! No transplant!".

A gentleman who had been on their heart transplant list for two and a half years was informed he was being removed from their transplant list due to refusing the COVID vaccine.

Make's sense. Guy won't make the minimal effort to protect himself or those caring for him why should the hospital and medical professionals go through all the effort of a transplant?

Other ideas floated lately...

Increased health insurance premiums for unvaccinated, just like for smokers.

Increase deductibles, like to $1,000 or even $10,000. That way the rest of us don't have to pay as much for people making really belligerent dumb choices. Another possibility is don't insure unvaccinated. Get covid via irresponsibility and you might well lose your house. This way "choice" is still possible and the rest of us who are responsible have to pay even less.

A lot of docs and nurses are real fed up. People can rant and rave, spout all the nonsense they've learned from weirdo web sites, but they are filling up hospitals and it's just too much effort all the time. Almost all hospitalizations are amongst the unvaccinated.

It wouldn't happen on Medicare, but maybe on Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D.

Soon all facilities treating Medicaid/Medicare patients will have to have all employees vaccinated.

Many companies especially in health care are mandating vaccinations. It makes economic sense, one infected employee drives up insurance costs, misses lots of work, and infects other employees.

Maybe they could set up separate clinics staffed by people into alternative medicine with all those miracle cures available as well as palliative narcotics for the dying. Treat the responsible good citizens in hospitals.

Comment

I would say that he has a very good discrimination suit but it won’t do him much good if he is dead ! Seriously Covid 19 has destroyed this country, there is as much divisiveness over Covid as there has ever been on any other issue. History will look back on this time in our country and point out the political gain/consequences ! I’m sure the state will explain if you have substance abuse they will not do transplants either.
      Last edited by Pmacc60; 08-19-2021, 06:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        I would say that he has a very good discrimination suit but it won’t do him much good if he is dead ! Seriously Covid 19 has destroyed this country, there is as much divisiveness over Covid as there has ever been on any other issue. History will look back on this time in our country and point out the political gain/consequences ! I’m sure the state will explain if you have substance abuse they will not do transplants either.
        Substance abuse and smoking are both things people have less control over, same with obesity, in the ACA there's allowances for different premiums for smokers. I'm a non smoker but I don't agree with it, I'd much rather tabaco be a not for profit industry and withdrawal programs for the addicted.

Americans have a long history of joining together and chipping in to fight a common enemy like in WWII or the Great Depression. Hurricanes and blizzards, forest fires and floods. Unfortunately too many have gotten soft and self centered, they think only of themselves. Now people call wearing a dog gone mask tyranny. I'd hate to think how these hipsters would do if they ever had to face a real hardship.

Comment

Originally posted by rock rat View Post

Substance abuse and smoking are both things people have less control over, same with obesity, in the ACA there's allowances for different premiums for smokers. I'm a non smoker but I don't agree with it, I'd much rather tabaco be a not for profit industry and withdrawal programs for the addicted.

Americans have a long history of joining together and chipping in to fight a common enemy like in WWII or the Great Depression. Hurricanes and blizzards, forest fires and floods. Unfortunately too many have gotten soft and self centered, they think only of themselves. Now people call wearing a dog gone mask tyranny. I'd hate to think how these hipsters would do if they ever had to face a real hardship.
          We may be about to find out.

Comment

This is freakin' insanity!
            Between the COVID b.s. and the train wreck of Afghanistan, Biden et al need to be impeached, tried, convicted and imprisoned!

Who would ever have thought that a flu bug and one doddering, foolish old man would have been the last nail in America's coffin?

Hell no!
            I take that back! In America, the bunch of them would have received a fair trial!!
            They need to be rounded up, stuffed in prison cells and just left there!
            They apparently DON'T like America! So don't treat them like Americans! Treat them like the 3rd world dictators they aspire to be!

Comment

Make's sense. Guy won't make the minimal effort to protect himself or those caring for him why should the hospital and medical professionals go through all the effort of a transplant?

Other ideas floated lately...

Increased health insurance premiums for unvaccinated, just like for smokers.

Increase deductibles, like to $1,000 or even $10,000. That way the rest of us don't have to pay as much for people making really belligerent dumb choices. Another possibility is don't insure unvaccinated. Get covid via irresponsibility and you might well lose your house. This way "choice" is still possible and the rest of us who are responsible have to pay even less.

A lot of docs and nurses are real fed up. People can rant and rave, spout all the nonsense they've learned from weirdo web sites, but they are filling up hospitals and it's just too much effort all the time. Almost all hospitalizations are amongst the unvaccinated.

It wouldn't happen on Medicare, but maybe on Medicare Advantage or Medicare Part D.

Soon all facilities treating Medicaid/Medicare patients will have to have all employees vaccinated.

Many companies especially in health care are mandating vaccinations. It makes economic sense, one infected employee drives up insurance costs, misses lots of work, and infects other employees.

Maybe they could set up separate clinics staffed by people into alternative medicine with all those miracle cures available as well as palliative narcotics for the dying. Treat the responsible good citizens in hospitals.
              RR, you are a true enigma. I know of no other poster’s remarks that raise such diversification in my thinking. Often times I can not fall into your line of thought and question your sanity. Then, out of the blue you come up with ‘stuff’ that I have to agree with and wonder, where in hell did that come from, from this guy ! I guess it just goes to show that not everyone can be wrong on everything, and that can be taken both ways.........

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter75richard View Post

RR, you are a true enigma. I know of no other poster’s remarks that raise such diversification in my thinking. Often times I can not fall into your line of thought and question your sanity. Then, out of the blue you come up with ‘stuff’ that I have to agree with and wonder, where in hell did that come from, from this guy ! I guess it just goes to show that not everyone can be wrong on everything, and that can be taken both ways.........
                Thanks,,,, I think.

I try to take each issue and policy as it comes and disassociate it from the party or person who supports the idea. Remember, I'm an estranged Dem who voted for Trump.

Comment

Rock - I'm with you on this one. You hit the nail on the head, and the freeloaders are offended.

Comment

Gulf Coast's beloved 'Redneck Riviera' now a virus hotspot.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/gulf-coas...051601860.html

Comment

Like everything, it's maybe not so cut and dried. Not everyone refusing the vaccine is doing so from any political viewpoint, a fact that's been smothered by those in government and newsmedia who want it to be purely political. Some people really ARE worried about its physical effects, plain and simple. I'm vaccinated and while I don't worry, I do wonder what might be down the road.

Another point: Vaccination rates are much lower among those with less education. Okay. But "less educated" always has the political connotation when it's mentioned by left-leaning news media -- i.e. they're pointing the finger at 'those stubborn, belligerent people who only listen to So-and-So News and aren't as enlightened as we are' -- when in many cases it's true without being political at all. Lower-income, less educated people are more likely to be reading or listening to NO news, and going by what they hear from their family and neighbors, people living and thinking the same way they are. (Personally I hate references to education levels, having a dim view of formal education, but that's another discussion).

Throw in the fact that rates of anxiety and depression are much higher among the disadvantaged, less-educated population. Anxiety and depression are legitimate health issues (as any enlightened, caring soul would know). Anxiety and depression contribute to distrust of authority, to poor decision-making, to an inability to see one's actions in a long-term framework ... etc. etc. And along with all that: Despite the free or nearly-free medical care that lower-income folks can receive, an amazingly low percentage of them are proactive about their healthcare.

I'm not arguing a particular course of action or line of thinking, here, just saying the waters are muddier than many are willing to admit, or see in the first place.

When the conversation boils down to punishment, how do you pick and choose? And what precedents might you be setting with the choices? Comparing non-vaccination to other health concerns is just flat-out political, too, and only begs the same questions. Is it right to punish a smoker like my sister, for example -- light to moderate smoking, spends most of her time outdoors walking and hiking, never drinks alcohol, eats very healthily -- while you give those nice, low insurance premiums to some nonsmoking couch potato who's a regular customer at the liquor store and fast-food joints? I have no love for tobacco, and certainly not the tobacco industry, but I'd bet a good many smokers are living more healthily than an equal number of nonsmokers. The point about insurance is always brought up, but it doesn't really hold that much water.

Any given day, probably 60 percent of the patients in any given hospital are there due to bad lifestyle choices (or in-the-moment choices, as in "Here, hold my beer!"). Punishment decrees open the door to some scary ideological issues. I say, encourage vaccination but don't go there.
                      Last edited by MattM37; 08-19-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Matt -
                        Good point.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
                          Like everything, it's maybe not so cut and dried. Not everyone refusing the vaccine is doing so from any political viewpoint, a fact that's been smothered by those in government and newsmedia who want it to be purely political. Some people really ARE worried about its physical effects, plain and simple. I'm vaccinated and while I don't worry, I do wonder what might be down the road.

Another point: Vaccination rates are much lower among those with less education. Okay. But "less educated" always has the political connotation when it's mentioned by left-leaning news media -- i.e. they're pointing the finger at 'those stubborn, belligerent people who only listen to So-and-So News and aren't as enlightened as we are' -- when in many cases it's true without being political at all. Lower-income, less educated people are more likely to be reading or listening to NO news, and going by what they hear from their family and neighbors, people living and thinking the same way they are. (Personally I hate references to education levels, having a dim view of formal education, but that's another discussion).

Throw in the fact that rates of anxiety and depression are much higher among the disadvantaged, less-educated population. Anxiety and depression are legitimate health issues (as any enlightened, caring soul would know). Anxiety and depression contribute to distrust of authority, to poor decision-making, to an inability to see one's actions in a long-term framework ... etc. etc. And along with all that: Despite the free or nearly-free medical care that lower-income folks can receive, an amazingly low percentage of them are proactive about their healthcare.

I'm not arguing a particular course of action or line of thinking, here, just saying the waters are muddier than many are willing to admit, or see in the first place.

When the conversation boils down to punishment, how do you pick and choose? And what precedents might you be setting with the choices? Comparing non-vaccination to other health concerns is just flat-out political, too, and only begs the same questions. Is it right to punish a smoker like my sister, for example -- light to moderate smoking, spends most of her time outdoors walking and hiking, never drinks alcohol, eats very healthily -- while you give those nice, low insurance premiums to some nonsmoking couch potato who's a regular customer at the liquor store and fast-food joints? I have no love for tobacco, and certainly not the tobacco industry, but I'd bet a good many smokers are living more healthily than an equal number of nonsmokers. The point about insurance is always brought up, but it doesn't really hold that much water.

Any given day, probably 60 percent of the patients in any given hospital are there due to bad lifestyle choices (or in-the-moment choices, as in "Here, hold my beer!"). Punishment decrees open the door to some scary ideological issues. I say, encourage vaccination but don't go there.
                          Matt very well said , you were extremely analytical with your post. It’s amazing what good thought and manners turns into !

Comment

Rock Rat , to date I have not saw one person ridicule another person for wearing a mask in person but I have so many times watch people who were not wearing mask screamed at for not wearing mask . Many persons problems come when the feel forced to comply with incomplete science and political agenda. It’s reverse in my opinion , a certain group of people are concerned that their opinion is heard and rights be damned. Here is my thought and what I live by, if I’m vaccinated and wearing a mask I have as much protection as possible , why do I care what you choose for yourself.

Comment

Pmacc - You would not have as much protection as possible.
                              It would take a 100% vaccination rate and everybody wearing a mask for that.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Fbi..........
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                And I am sure that this is with the knowledge of the progressive D’s. So the question is, why are they doing this ? Are there covertly issues of such...
                                Today, 01:41 AM
                              • Fbi..........
                                by bowhunter75richard
                                ......there have been some 30 present and former FBI agents who have come forth in support of whistleblowers who have divulged critical information concerning...
                                09-29-2022, 08:45 AM
                              • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                by PigHunter
                                Thanks! It's a large outdoor amphitheater and wasn't sold out. We were surrounded bya Social Security crowd with few under 50.

Jeff Beck...
                                Yesterday, 09:59 PM
                              • TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                by fitch270
                                Good tunes to cure what ever ails ‘ya this week.

Robert Palmer wanting a house call.

09-27-2022, 09:54 PM
                              • Reply to TGIF; What’s Up Doc?
                                by fitch270
                                Nice PH, what sized venue and who replaced Dusty Hill?...
                                Yesterday, 09:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X