No announcement yet.

15,500 members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The rudyglove hunt thing was on here. I never did fully understand what happened, but I think rudyglove kinda set Gary up and when Gary bit, rudyglove cut him off at the knees. Gary could be a bit gullible at times and rudyglove took advantage of it.
    ......and when rudyglove figured out that the leaderboard thing po'd Gary, he took it to the next level.

But all that garbage is behind us.

Comment

A lot of good points made on the state of this forum, I agree with Matt that this has always been a harsh site to be a part of. Some serious battles over the years have always lead me to believe this was not a forum for the faint of heart. My thoughts are without political and Covid threads there isn’t much going on here . Several years ago we had questions on hunting , guns and shooting . Good beer threads , whiskey also , it’s never been much of a fishing site . If we talk more guns and hunting and the equipment we will get new members and some of the older guys back. Fitch had a great Western hunt story , dewman had a gun of the month thread going that’s what makes this site fun to follow. There are a lot of good guys on this site that are quite knowledgeable , PH gave me a great tip on 22 ammo that worked beautifully . More post on the outdoors will bring back the contributors , less political post unless they are about gun rights and hunting rights may help as well!

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post
        A lot of good points made on the state of this forum, I agree with Matt that this has always been a harsh site to be a part of. Some serious battles over the years have always lead me to believe this was not a forum for the faint of heart. My thoughts are without political and Covid threads there isn’t much going on here . Several years ago we had questions on hunting , guns and shooting . Good beer threads , whiskey also , it’s never been much of a fishing site . If we talk more guns and hunting and the equipment we will get new members and some of the older guys back. Fitch had a great Western hunt story , dewman had a gun of the month thread going that’s what makes this site fun to follow. There are a lot of good guys on this site that are quite knowledgeable , PH gave me a great tip on 22 ammo that worked beautifully . More post on the outdoors will bring back the contributors , less political post unless they are about gun rights and hunting rights may help as well!
        Well stated sir.

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
          The rudyglove hunt thing was on here. I never did fully understand what happened, but I think rudyglove kinda set Gary up and when Gary bit, rudyglove cut him off at the knees. Gary could be a bit gullible at times and rudyglove took advantage of it.
          ......and when rudyglove figured out that the leaderboard thing po'd Gary, he took it to the next level.

But all that garbage is behind us.
          Rudy Glove went back into the past post and type in a bunch ! @“: to gain points Gary found out about it. All the other stuff I don’t know about. I never got his high point count because I never saw him post. The other leaders always posted. My favorite thread was a new member ask if gaining points got you stuff to test ? Treestand replied just the top three in points get stuff, he was forth in the point total!

Comment

Things should pick up in here as we get closer to fall. Summer has always been slow, not much outdoor stuff to talk about and other things keeping people busy.

I’ve tried to only start posts over on OL, other than the TGIF thing. For the most part the guys who follow my ramblings keep up over there. I still participate in the political stuff here but try to keep it in check. If a couple fellas on OL checked in here more often I’d probably just post here entirely. I’ve mentioned before though that the two forums are much like having a front and back room in the same bar.

Let’s face it, the only chance this site has to get better is if we do a better job policing ourselves with our posts. The absolute best thing we can do is to completely ignore posts designed to irritate people, and ignore the members who habitually start those posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

Rudy Glove went back into the past post and type in a bunch ! @“: to gain points Gary found out about it. All the other stuff I don’t know about. I never got his high point count because I never saw him post. The other leaders always posted. My favorite thread was a new member ask if gaining points got you stuff to test ? Treestand replied just the top three in points get stuff, he was forth in the point total!
              Pmacc60, when I first came to F&S about 2005, some of the older members did get some stuff to "field test". There were probably 50 or 60 posters when I got here. WAY too many to be passing out freebies for kicks and giggles.

Comment

I was second on the Leaderboard, behind Rudyglove, but first in legitimate points.
                I believe Rudyglove was suffering with stage 4 colon cancer, and is no longer with us.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                  Things should pick up in here as we get closer to fall. Summer has always been slow, not much outdoor stuff to talk about and other things keeping people busy.

I’ve tried to only start posts over on OL, other than the TGIF thing. For the most part the guys who follow my ramblings keep up over there. I still participate in the political stuff here but try to keep it in check. If a couple fellas on OL checked in here more often I’d probably just post here entirely. I’ve mentioned before though that the two forums are much like having a front and back room in the same bar.

Let’s face it, the only chance this site has to get better is if we do a better job policing ourselves with our posts. The absolute best thing we can do is to completely ignore posts designed to irritate people, and ignore the members who habitually start those posts.
                  Talk about bars.. I went in the Original Silver Dollar Sallon in Leadville Co. When you walk in, you are in the Silver Dollar bar and if you keep walking straight through you are in another bar. Only one I have been in like that.

Comment

For name calling this place has got nothing on the 24hourcampfire forum's first listed category,Hunter's campfire. Better have your big boy pants to speak up there. FWIW, I don't.😞
                    Last edited by dewman; 08-05-2021, 08:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

Agreed. +1 to you sir!
                      Wow, there's a blast from the past. If I'd started this thread, I'd give it the famous "Green Check Mark"!

Comment

Originally posted by dewman View Post
                        For name calling this place has got nothing on the 24hourcampfire forum's first listed category,The campfire. Better have your big boy pants to speak up there. FWIW, I don't.😞
                        At "hunttalk blogs", you better have your "liberal panties" on.
                        Speak your mind and they pile on like a pack of starving wolves!
                        The (ahem!) "monitor" is Big Finn aka Randy Newberg of "Fresh Tracks" fame.
                        If a poster pisses you off, you report him to Big Finn. If "Big Finn" gets too many complaints, you are officially "banned"! LOL!
                        BTW! I was posting under another name and OHH finally figured out who I was. LOL!
                        BTW #2! OHH steps on toes on that blog too!

Comment

I normally abstain from these discussions but since I spent a good deal of my life helping clients make their Web presence an asset, I thought I'd try to objectively consider this situation. Here are my thoughts:

First of all, I suspect these are members of fieldandstream.com and not specifically forum (i.e. Q&A) members. Why do we see few questions, answers or comments from someone other than the 10 or so people who post on this forum? I feel these may be causal factors:

1. fieldandstream.com members are treated to good articles where they can learn about hunting, fishing and outdoor activities which is the members only reason for being members.

2. The drop down link to the Q&A (i.e. forum) is well hidden. I would expect fewer than 10% of site visitors to even find it. It's a good thing I've bookmarked it because I may not be able to find my way back again. LOL

3. For those who do locate the mysterious Q&A link, the "Forum" component of the site will quickly stop people in their tracks. Its content is WAY off topic and it would take most people less than about 5 seconds to determine that they never want to visit this Forum again.

4. The forum component of this site was once quite valuable to F&S enthusiasts but now has few questions and answers related to hunting, fishing and outdoor activities. A quick scan will tell members that it is a waste of time to click on this option for discussion related to their favorite topics.

5. We've got about 10 members actively using the site. Nowadays, half of them use it to preach to each other (i.e. "preaching to the choir") or informing each other of articles that support their political points of view. I would expect most F&S members to be put off by this real quickly. Most people interested in these non-F&S topics likely find much better content on numerous other sites and few of them would discover this politico content by clicking on F&S Q&A. Most politicos probably would never be on a F&S site to begin with. Of the 10 or so using the site, many have blocked each other to avoid the content but the new members likely never get that far... they just leave.

6. There is no moderation of the site. Off topic content abounds and is the majority of Q&A content. The 10 or so Forum participants enjoy the freedom to say anything they want rather than to realize that off-topic content destroys the site. The rest is spam with an occasional ON-topic post.

This site will either get a moderator or be killed. It is an embarrassment to F&S and they apparently don't have enough money or perhaps enough knowledge to fix it.

There is a very small/remote chance that the current participants in site content will take responsibility to change their posting behavior because they love personal freedom far above the success of any corporation or the enjoyment of fellow sportsman/woman. They could change but I would not bet on it.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

3. For those who do locate the mysterious Q&A link, the "Forum" component of the site will quickly stop people in their tracks. Its content is WAY off topic and it would take most people less than about 5 seconds to determine that they never want to visit this Forum again.
                            Heck, 3 out of 4 days I don't want to visit again. Double +1 to you sir!

Leaderboards - 12/19/2018

Field & Stream
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	FS Leaderboard 12_19_2018.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	777143

Outdoor Life

Name:	OL Leaderboard 12_19_2018.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	777144

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Field & Stream

Outdoor Life

Nice stroll down memory lane PH

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Field & Stream

Outdoor Life

Why bring that up ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad