• Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Well, there is the 27 Club...

Kurt Cobain (1967 - 1994)
    Jimi Hendrix (1942 - 1970)
    Brian Jones (1942 - 1969)
    Janis Joplin (1943 - 1970)
    Jim Morrison (1943 - 1971)
    Amy Winehouse (1983 - 2011)
    Robert Johnson (1911 - 1938) ... considered the original member of the club.

Planes and buses took a bunch……

Comment

• Speaking of that.

Cliff Burton, bassist for Metallica, live video “For Whom the Bell Tolls” with him doing an opening solo.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Planes and buses took a bunch……
        I think money and boredom were the undoing of the OD's.

Comment

• I can’t leave these guys out. All four of the original members of The Ramones; Joey, Johnny, Dee Dee and Tommy.

Comment

• We have left out an entire genre or maybe two.
            Classical piano and opera.

Opera:
            Enrico Caruso - "O Sole Mio"

https://youtu.be/u1QJwHWvgP8

Classical Piano:
            Van Cliburn - "The National Anthem"

https://youtu.be/Eo4Zel85Rn8

I worked for the small town where Van Cliburn lived prior to his death. He never spoke, but we had a couple of chance encounters during my daily duties.
            Last edited by FirstBubba; 08-01-2021, 06:11 PM.

Comment

• Worlds top Mezo Soprano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc731PV7kwk
              I forgot to mention, She is Norwegeian and sings in 13 languages.
              Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-02-2021, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                Worlds top Mezo Soprano https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc731PV7kwk
                I forgot to mention, She is Norwegeian and sings in 13 languages.
                She's a great singer, and yes you've mentioned her several times. Thankfully she's still alive. This thread was for those who have passed on.

Comment

She's a great singer, and yes you've mentioned her several times. Thankfully she's still alive. This thread was for those who have passed on.
                  I did not know lthat.

Comment

• Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

I had a brief phase with alternative rock, some of the stuff was really good but a bit much as a whole. Still pull some CD’s out once In awhile, have that one.
                    The Sex Pistols? The Smiths? Siouxsie and the Banshees? I was Mr. Straight-Laced through the teen years (already a devout Bruce Springsteen fan at 12), but in my sophomore year, I got close to a very cool girl who definitely walked her own path. Hair shaved on one side and really long on the other; peace-sign earrings; wore a lot of black -- you remember the type. Really nice girl, though, and she got me into a lot of that 80s "new wave" stuff. In return, I taught her that there was a lot more to Bruce than "Born in the USA." (not that there's a thing wrong with "Born in the USA.")

Actually, in honor of those days .....
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfnwBT3eYuQ

Sid Vicious (John Ritchie), dead at 19 of heroin overdose. After (allegedly) murdering his girlfriend Nancy Spungeon.

Not a bad cover, actually. If you're used to Sid Vicious, that is.
                    Last edited by MattM37; 08-02-2021, 02:41 PM.

Comment

• Well, my hard rock listening started with Black Sabbath. Apparently, all four of the original band members are still alive and thus didn't make this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by MattM37 View Post

The Sex Pistols? The Smiths? Siouxsie and the Banshees? I was Mr. Straight-Laced through the teen years (already a devout Bruce Springsteen fan at 12), but in my sophomore year, I got close to a very cool girl who definitely walked her own path. Hair shaved on one side and really long on the other; peace-sign earrings; wore a lot of black -- you remember the type. Really nice girl, though, and she got me into a lot of that 80s "new wave" stuff. In return, I taught her that there was a lot more to Bruce than "Born in the USA." (not that there's a thing wrong with "Born in the USA.")

Actually, in honor of those days .....
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfnwBT3eYuQ

Sid Vicious (John Ritchie), dead at 19 of heroin overdose. After (allegedly) murdering his girlfriend Nancy Spungeon.

Not a bad cover, actually. If you're used to Sid Vicious, that is.
                        Started with the CD Throwing Copper from Live, then Nirvana and Stone Temple Pilots. Couple others as well but mostly the stuff that made Top 40 play. Lots of grunge musicians burned out young.

Comment

Well, my hard rock listening started with Black Sabbath. Apparently, all four of the original band members are still alive and thus didn't make this thread.
                          However, the great Ronnie James Dio, Central New York native, who was Sabbath's lead singer for a while after Ozzy, and member of Heaven and Hell with Toni Iommi, left us a few years ago.

DIO - Rainbow In The Dark (Live 1993) - YouTube

Comment

• Oh yeah…..

Comment

• Because Matt just mentioned them I’ll give him credit for two weeks topics in a row.

Cover Tunes this Friday

It could take a bit more work and may or may not slow things down. What I had in mind was posting both the original and cover. I haven’t figured out multiple links at once but I believe you can edit in a second after posting the first.

Some songs have multiple covers, some recorded and others live versions on YouTube and such. Matters not, just post up what you like.

PH’s post on the song “Spooky” also gets credit. Some covers sound totally different and others almost identical. Thought it would be fun to compare, especially for crossover stuff.

Think on it fellas.

Comment

• Louis Armstrong - "It's a Wonderful World"

https://youtu.be/CWzrABouyeE

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
                                  by bowhunter75richard
                                  No truer words spoken Bubba ! Growing old is by far not the greatest happening, but I guess it does have at least one advantage.........
                                  The best...
                                  Today, 06:15 AM
                                • Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
                                  by Milldawg
                                  Son in law wants to use his ar-15 for deer season. He bought the deer season ammo any experience anyone. I offered him my back up 25-06 rem 700 with vx3i...
                                  10-19-2021, 10:58 AM
                                • May Use This One
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  Have not used this one in a few years. If I make a trip tothe Adirondacks I may carry the Mauser. 6.5X55 mm. This has a sporter bolt handle and Winchester...
                                  Today, 04:50 AM
                                • Reply to Holy guacamole!
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  I use 93 octane in the Jeep Hemi, $4.20 last time I got it. It gets 21 to 22 mpg highway so I don't use it much around town. The Dodge Grand Caravan...
                                  Today, 03:50 AM
                                • Holy guacamole!
                                  by FirstBubba
                                  Headed out this morning for a jaunt into Texas.
                                  Needed fuel, so stopped in a truck stop.
                                  YIKES!!!
                                  Diesel was $3.759/gal! We've been...
                                  10-19-2021, 08:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X